Proposed Game: Desire and the Dead (Tome)

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Akula wrote:No real reason, just curious. I kinda suspected that he would be doing something like that though. Also, by my reading, wearing shoes would give you the bonus to any disguise check. Others will suffer the normal penalty for trying to be a different race of course.
Mister_Sinister wrote:Yeah, that's what I thought as well.
Yes.
God_of_Awesome wrote:Okay, got proper amount of skill points (Fuck, how did I forget that x4 1st level bonus? I actually know that shit), equipment is fine, feats are all from approved sources (IE, not me), I've read up on the IC thread and everything seems to be in order.

When can I jump in? I was thinking just already being at the bar when everyone comes back from their mission.
This could work. Alternatively, you could show up at the Whispered Word right after group 1 leaves.

========================
Which reminds me, which mage is Group 2 going to visit?
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Mister_Sinister wrote:Akarchin and I are going to disguise ourselves as the Sigilian equivalent of tourists. Basically, to appear as stupid and as harmless as possible. I'm gonna disguise myself as an orc woman, just to pile it on. Akarchin is free to choose what she wants to be.
So you are going to try and lure every knight of the post in the district into a competition to see who can exploit you quickest?
EDIT: Secondary note. Since you are in the Hive, the chances of said exploitation involving shivs rapidly approach 1.
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

umm... Akarchin will loudly state the stupidity of looking like tourists in a shitty district, and will disguise herself as some manner of street worker (whore or pimp doesn't matter), but will allow him to disguise himself any way he wants
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Both you and Prak make good points, actually. Well, in that case, Prak, why doesn't Akarchin disguise herself as a whore, and Alice will be a (female) pimp?
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

I think I'll just wait to see if this RP can survive past its first mission. No offence, I just know how forum RPs tend to work.
Frank on the Fighter (Abridged)
FrankTrollman wrote:
God_of_Awesome wrote: Could I inquire on the motive behind the design decisions on the Fighter class?

The Fighter is intended to be, like the Wizard, a character who can and does adapt their tactics to the opposition and draws upon player experience to deliver tactical victories. And to do it without "feeling" like it was using Magic.

So honestly, when someone tells me "I know the game backwards and forwards, and when I pull out all the stops with the Fighter I totally win!" And my response is "OK, good." Because that's exactly what people report with the Wizard too.

-Username17
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

God_of_Awesome wrote:I think I'll just wait to see if this RP can survive past its first mission. No offence, I just know how forum RPs tend to work.
Sure. Jilocasin, you are free to bring in a character if you want.

====================================
Avoraciopoctules wrote:Which reminds me, which mage is Group 2 going to visit?
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Av, you mentioned that there were two, but you didn't give more details than that. Would an IC Knowledge check of some sort yield this information?
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

The innkeeper said this when asked about one of the mages.
Deadwick. He's got a tower along Shuffle Street where he conducts business. Sells poisons, components for necromancy, all sorts of nasty stuff. Also willing to serve as a guide in the Pyres and cast spells for those who can afford them. He's a Dustman, but he's got his own take on their philosophy. Probably friendliest when he's talking about that, but still not much of a pleasant musty. Got a cruel sense of humor. They say he's a lich or worse, and he's certainly got as much magic as one. Most try and stay clear of him, but there are worse cutters. Could be worth talking to if you have jink and want some dazzle, though Protector Nymon is much more approachable.
Then the other:
Nymon's a tiefling. He's the other sellspell around here, but he generally sticks to selling potions and scrolls. Out of our price range usually, so most of his business is done with people passing through the district.

He always has a few Greenjackets around to guard his shop, but I don't think he's actually a member. Bit of a coward. If a real fiend came through here, he'd probably either hide or just do whatever it said in hopes of not getting thoroughly maimed.
Last edited by Akula on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jilocasin
Knight

Post by Jilocasin »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:Sure. Jilocasin, you are free to bring in a character if you want.
Cool, posted a character in the DatD Character Sheets page. Let me know if it's okay or if I need to tone anything down.
As far as jumping in goes, I figure if there's some kind of trouble or something that one of the groups runs into I could conveniently stumble across the altercation and shoot a shiv wielding hoodlum.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

The character looks great. Personally, I'd recommend having just been briefed by the people back at the inn and setting out after Group 1. When they stopped at the entrance to the alley, you caught up.
Jilocasin
Knight

Post by Jilocasin »

Alright, sounds good.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Jilocasin, your character is very impressive. Like, very. I actually enjoyed seeing that kind of character in the game.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

I have a four day weekend coming up. No class on Friday or Monday, and the library I volunteer at Friday is closed for Lincoln's Birthday.

This may result in more frequent post rates during the next few days, though there is some homework I need to do and a couple of campaigns in meatspace I will probably attend to as well.
Jilocasin
Knight

Post by Jilocasin »

Mister_Sinister wrote:Jilocasin, your character is very impressive. Like, very. I actually enjoyed seeing that kind of character in the game.
Thank you. Hopefully I'll be able to manage to play him as well as I'd like.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

So, I have heard about the disguises that certain members of the party desire to use. But after certain individuals disguise themselves, what precisely do those outside of Group 1 intend to do with their time?

A search for magic telepathy was mentioned. There was also an investigation in the... I think it was Northwest of the district.

Akula reposted most of what the group already knows about the 2 primary mages for hire in the district.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

Hey, are we gaining magic items per level?
FrankTrollman wrote:
God_of_Awesome wrote: Could I inquire on the motive behind the design decisions on the Fighter class?

The Fighter is intended to be, like the Wizard, a character who can and does adapt their tactics to the opposition and draws upon player experience to deliver tactical victories. And to do it without "feeling" like it was using Magic.

So honestly, when someone tells me "I know the game backwards and forwards, and when I pull out all the stops with the Fighter I totally win!" And my response is "OK, good." Because that's exactly what people report with the Wizard too.

-Username17
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Please clarify what you are asking. The PCs will have the opportunity to acquire more magic. However, I have not had any thoughts about explicitly linking this to level gain.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

Oh, okay. That answers my question.
FrankTrollman wrote:

-Username17
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Is anybody waiting for information?
Jilocasin
Knight

Post by Jilocasin »

I'm just waiting to see what Cartwell and Zevras do.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

I'm just going with whatever.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

What's shakin', bacon?

I'm noticing a distinct lack of postage in this and the IC threads, my home-skillet biscuits.
I am also waiting for dinner, as you may have deduced.

I'd like the players who can commit to posting at least every other day and preferably a minimum of twice a day to chime in now.
Jilocasin
Knight

Post by Jilocasin »

I can. Hope some others can too, I'm enjoying the game.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I can, I just figured you were focusing on the other group.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

So someone came back to the Tavern?

Can I make my anticlimactic entrance here?
FrankTrollman wrote:

-Username17