Please don't complain about the number and level of the DCs.

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Orion
Prince

Post by Orion »

The pig likes it.
bourdain89
1st Level

Post by bourdain89 »

I really see no reason for why you would want to play in a game with these people. The DM's skills are definitely suspect, they get hostile with you at the drop of a hat, and then rage-quit when you try and press the issue. if this has happened with them more than on these two occasions then you should probably try and find a new group
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

SWING MY CHAINAXE KILL MAIM BURN!

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
RandomCasualty2
Prince

Post by RandomCasualty2 »

Crissa wrote: Anyhow, the DM invited me. I don't really see what their problem is. I hadn't said anything for a half-hour. Any one of my questions could have been answered completely, negating the response. 'Why is it so high?' 'because this guy outclasses your fighter' would have been a sufficient answer. Anything just acknowledging that indeed that was a high challenge would have shut me up.
Honestly, as a DM I hate PCs asking questions like that, so that would piss me off too.

The DM doesn't owe PCs an explanation mid-game as to why the NPC's bonuses happen to be so high. Dealing with argumentative PCs isn't fun, and it isn't something any DM wants to do. If someone wants to talk about this stuff after the game, that's fine. To interrupt the game with what is effectively a bullshit argument is really annoying.

I mean this isn't even a rules argument about something like "Prismatic wall doesn't work that way" or something. What you did is flat out just criticizing adventure/NPC design and something you should never do. I mean either you want to see the DM's notes and see all the bonuses an NPC has, which is obnoxious as hell, or you're just getting in an argument with your DM that will go nowhere because it's entirely opinion based. Both of those just bring the game to a halt for no good reason.

Clearly, you don't trust the DM. I think it's time to just find a new group with a new DM, hopefully one you can trust.
Last edited by RandomCasualty2 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elissa
NPC

Post by elissa »

Meta-game less. RP more. If you don't like the way your DM runs the game, get a new game. You guys are obviously clashing.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

No, meta-gaming is not a bad thing. To quote people that probably everyone else here hates, "If you're worried about thinking like people sitting around a table playing a game, guess what, you're people sitting around a table playing a game"

Now, granted, for an individual game you may need to down play or hide your meta-gaming, but it's not an inherently bad thing.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Really? That's your first post here?

Edit: I just saw your sig. I think I can safely put you on [/IGNORE] and not worry that I'm making a rash decision.

Double Edit: to remove any confusion, that was to a post right above me that was deleted.
Last edited by RobbyPants on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Is it troll week or something?
MABTW
NPC

Post by MABTW »

:P
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

RobbyPants wrote:Really? That's your first post here?

Edit: I just saw your sig. I think I can safely put you on [/IGNORE] and not worry that I'm making a rash decision.
Who was that to? Last post prior to yours shows up as October.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

fectin wrote:

The dude above you deleted a fantastically sexist post. I suggest that everyone put MABTW on ignore. He is a fuckhead, or he is pretending to be one.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

fectin wrote:

Yeah. It was to MABTW. His post was deleted after I made my post, and I hadn't quoted him. I figured the context would be obvious before I considered that the post might not last longer than 24 hours.

Basically, I posted wondering why that would be his first post here, then I saw his sig and realized he's just a sexist troll.