The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Lots of dieing Hobgoblins.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{I'm going to say that suggestion is an attack, but it's an SLA, so they don't know you attacked.

However, you still get hit, because I'm going to retroactively say that one guy made his save and none of the archers did I'll roll it for the boss. And that's also the reason the other archers didn't attack you. Also, I believe that invis helps both Isis and Flint. So... flat footed for first attack each round for you two.

Also, the way that ability works... Well, it's really a defense not a fight stopper, since your teammates will still be valid targets. I'm fine with it, just letting you know.}
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Kaelik on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
endersdouble
Journeyman


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kaelik wrote:
I'm going to say that suggestion is an attack, but it's an SLA, so they don't know you attacked.

However, you still get hit, because that one guy made his save. And that's also the reason the other guys didn't.

Also, the way that ability works... Well, it's really a defense not a fight stopper, since your teammates will still be valid targets. I'm fine with it, just letting you know.


OK, I think of it as a defense too, honestly. And I wasn't sure if you had /rolled/ the saves. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

endersdouble wrote:
OK, I think of it as a defense too, honestly. And I wasn't sure if you had /rolled/ the saves. Smile


I hadn't. I'm retroactively declaring it to be so to justify them not shooting at flying people. I'm sure one of them would make it, what with Warriors having good will saves and all.

Rolling separately for bossy types. Ruling dogs are immune, since fight was started when they got there.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 8491
Location: Oakland, CA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{Since I've stated the tactics for Aetheros, do you still want me to roll attacks for him?}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron


Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 686

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{Wait, do I attack again? Is this another turn or am I invisible with my first attack?}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mask_De_H
Duke


Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1811

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Hmph, it'll take a lot more than you to defeat Thunder Ryu!"

Ryu slashes at the hobgoblin's eyes with his bastard sword, walking backwards up the tree behind him. He then whips the kusari-gama at the hobgoblin's legs, attempting to trip and rend.

"Squirrel Clambers for Low-hanging Nuts!"

[Attack with bastard sword: 1d20+10 = 21, 1d8+2 = 3
5ft step up the tree@P15, then attack with kusari-gama: 1d20+9 = 13]

{God damn, the d20 dice roller hates my guts}
_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
endersdouble
Journeyman


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{ Who is being waited for on this turn? }
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

endersdouble wrote:
{ Who is being waited for on this turn? }


Isis.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron


Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 686

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isis casts Rage on Ryu.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
endersdouble
Journeyman


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...ping, Kaelik?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finals. temporary hiatus till the 17th.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron


Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 686

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Till the 17th? What a great Birthday present.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cynic
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 2768

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

based on this hiatus, is there some way I can join? I'm jonesing for rp of some sort.

also if I can game rules and other similar things = where?

g'luck on finals, Kaelik.
_________________
Ancient History wrote:
We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{Okay, so some things:

1) Isis, you didn't cast rage, because we weren't waiting on you. My bads. You had declared your double attacks on some guy. So also, do you want your attacks to be all poisony?

2) Game is starting back up some. Obviously, little delays might occur hear and there during the next few weeks.

Now, to game:

New map:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Aethroes burns a Hobgoblin Archer some. Thunder Ryu gives a quick stab to the Hobgoblin in front of him, then backs up and fails to trip the creature as it jumps nimbly over his low swing.

Flint sticks his blade in a few inches before the armor stops it, and misses with his follow up strike on retreat.

Tammi disappears with a couple of her friends, and Isis cuts into her opponent with her scimitar.

You all hear further casting from the same direction, but Tammi hears it from behind her now. (New lines on the map).

Only Tammi knows what it is:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Flint only:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


The Hobgoblin Leader 5ft steps and retaliates, Kiaing both his Hobgoblin underling and Flint in front of him, from his whirling blades, swung at the end of his chain. Both corpses separate at the midsection and fall in chunks.

Then the hounds charge, and both breath fire. on Isis and Aethroes.

Finally, a volley of Fire at Aethroes finds another arrow lodged in his armor.

Meanwhile, Isis and Ryu's opponents can't seem to penetrate their defenses.

Mechanics
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Mask_De_H
Duke


Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1811

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{Hey, if I run up a tree some, can I get Concealment/cover?}

"Pathetic." Ryu harrumphs as the hobgoblin's blade lodges itself in the tree. "Now, know the true power of a ninja!" He slashes again with the kusari-gama, aiming for the neck, pauses enough for a cinematic billowing of his muffler and begins running across the trees towards the boss hobgoblin.

{Kusari-gama strike with Surprise and Your Opponent Is Me online, move across trees to R16, then climb 15ft up.}

[Kusari-gama: 1d20+9 = 29 {Crit threat}, 1d20+9 = 24 {fuck year}
Damage: 2d6+36 = 42]
_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 8491
Location: Oakland, CA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kaelik wrote:
Ensuing enemy round: Flint takes 48 damage, Aethroes can attempt to negate with benediction, but since by my calculations he still explodes and goes all the way to dead dead, you may want to save it, use it on anyone else this round, or wait, use it as swift to give Blindsight and still have an immediate.

Aethroes takes 7 fire damage and 9 Piercing from an arrow. Let me know if you decide to use benediction on yourself.


{If the attack would obviously kill Flint anyways, then yeah, I'd probably have Aetheros hold back the benediction. Since he'd take the next biggest amount of damage, I would prefer for him to use it on himself.}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{Well, you wouldn't know if it would kill him until after you made the choice, but yeah, in that case, you end with +1 temp HP, because +2 ac causes the arrow to miss.}
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 968

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{Question: Should I start designing a new character, or should we expect resurrection effects to show up at this level?}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{Do you want a new character? I'm cool with just pretending he rolled exactly one less damage than your HP -10 on that attack, and you are really good at stablizing. I was kinda hoping that after you survived the first one someone might want to help out against the burst damage boss monster. One the plus side, you guys have almost worn him down. He's only got one more automatic X4 crit left in him.}
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 968

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{I'd prefer to keep my current character.}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
endersdouble
Journeyman


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ugh. Due to foreign travel, I will have very limited internet access for the next two weeks. To keep the game moving, I would like to delegate Quantumboost (whom I know IRL) full authority to play Tammi, if that's OK with you, Kaelik.

Make me proud, QB. Which means disgust your local priest or moral authority. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 968

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tammi flies over nearer the group of archers and summons an opaque cloud, snickering the whole time.

[

Fly to N10, minimum height needed to get the obscuring mist on the ground, and use Obscuring Mist. I presume this isn't an attack, so Tammi wouldn't have to re-use the ring's power again?

]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 8491
Location: Oakland, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{It lives? If so, further clarification. Aetheros shoots whichever dude is closest and cheeses it towards the trees.}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Please be very specific. I make those maps for a reason. Declare the grid coordinates of your opponent and of your move.

EDIT: Obscuring mist definitely not attack.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Kaelik on Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 8491
Location: Oakland, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{I think I'm at S10.
There's something red nearby at P12, another at Q13, but there's something orange in the way. There's something blue at T14, next to what is probably a tree. zap that, then go right one square and north for as many as I can to reduce my appeal as a x4 crit target. Use trees as cover if at all possible. Try climbing one next turn.}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group