The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Lots of dieing Hobgoblins.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 8491
Location: Oakland, CA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

endersdouble wrote:
{ As a random strategy question, does anyone here do effective subdual damage? I have a couple nice mind-rapey powers, so it might come in handy in some situations. }


{I have Entangle, Web, and Stinking Cloud. I think Rage Dice and SA apply to unarmed strikes. Those should synergize tolerably well for nonlethal takedowns if we don't have anything else. Wait, Flint has 2 levels of Monk. We should be fine.}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron


Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 686

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isis appears in R14.

{I figure it ain't my Initiative yet so do I tell you what action I will take or do I wait?}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 8491
Location: Oakland, CA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

God_of_Awesome wrote:
Isis appears in R14.

{I figure it ain't my Initiative yet so do I tell you what action I will take or do I wait?}


Kaelik wrote:
{So it is. Anyway, onward. Shifting some enemies down in init, but the red hobs rolled a 14, which I thought was lower than someones, but apparently isn't. So it's going to be:

Reds:
You guys, in whatever order is most beneficial (since you guys can delay around)
The Blue + other unnamed enemies who will all act then.

This way you guys are all together, and enemies are together.


{The PCs are all in one action block. State your action, unless you want to wait until others have moved.}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
endersdouble
Journeyman


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Avoraciopoctules wrote:
endersdouble wrote:
{ As a random strategy question, does anyone here do effective subdual damage? I have a couple nice mind-rapey powers, so it might come in handy in some situations. }


{I have Entangle, Web, and Stinking Cloud. I think Rage Dice and SA apply to unarmed strikes. Those should synergize tolerably well for nonlethal takedowns if we don't have anything else. Wait, Flint has 2 levels of Monk. We should be fine.}


{ OK, yeah, that'll be plenty. Try to take down Bluey without chopping his head off, can we? If not, no biggie, but I'd love a plaything/interogatee. }
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 968

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Flint grins evilly at the Hobgoblins nearest to him, enters his Hungry Dragon Touch style and lunges at one of them (U14) with a maniacal look on his face. The blade of the halberd and his knee strike out with his full force behind them...

[Halberd: 1d20(2) + 11 = 13]
[Slam: 1d20(1)]

...but miss pitifully.

{ Sad }


Last edited by Quantumboost on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mask_De_H
Duke


Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1811

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{I can pseudo-Entangle people with my Tie-Up ability)

Ryu moves with the charging slice, getting a rending cut on his side.

"Ow, that hurt. Anyone who hurts a friend of justice MUST BE ERADICATED!"

With a fire in his eyes, Ryu whips around in a circle, kusari-gama lashing out like a wild snake as his sword slides in a hobbo neck seeking crescent. At the end of his maelstrom, he vanishes.

[+0 Whirlwind targeting P12 and O13 with Bastard Sword, P11 and O15 with Kusari-gama, free action Invisibility after attack. 5ft step towards Xed out guy]

1d20+9 = 14
(1d6+2 = 6 if hit, DC 14 Escape Artist check or Entangled)
1d20+10 = 16
(1d10+2 = 12 if hit, DC 16 Escape Artist check or Entangled)
_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{Hey Mask, I think you are confused. Why are you attacking empty squares?

Anyway, you get to attack all three nearby, you, and I rolled a third attack roll for the last one, but you missed on all three.

Also, you can't go invisible, because it's a standard action to do so.}
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Mask_De_H
Duke


Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1811

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{I thought O15 was still alive and got my numbers shifted on P. Make my 5ft step a tumble then: 1d20+10 = 16}
_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
endersdouble
Journeyman


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{Oh, Kaelik, quick question: do you play that spellcasters know if opponents passed/failed saves, or not? }
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron


Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 686

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Oh my! I think we interupted a get together!"

Isis conjured a two throwing knives [Darts] into her gloved hand and threw them at the hobgoblins in U15 and U13.

[12+3 BAB+2 Dex = 17 to hit.

2 for damage]

{And can I assume that they are poisoned before hand? And since I have two-weapon fighting can I throw two darts, one at the guy in U13?}


Last edited by God_of_Awesome on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes you can, what poison?
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron


Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 686

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{Poison Use is a Jester feature. But is Poison Ownership not included?}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

God_of_Awesome wrote:
{Poison Use is a Jester feature. But is Poison Ownership not included?}


You misunderstand. What Poison?

Drow Poison? Black Adder venom? Demon Gore? Pick something. You missed on both attacks, so it's not an issue, but, come up with something for next round.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Kaelik on Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron


Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 686

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{17 isn't enough to hit? What the hell is the AC on these guys?

Oh, and Drow Poison. It makes the most sense}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, new map:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


So, the following events occur:

Two big old hounds show up. They also look crazy bad.

Flint only knows the following: But I assume he will yell out relevant bits to you guys.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Then some invisible guy somewhere in that direction represented by the vague blue lines starts casting a spell, which only Aethros recognizes, but again, yelling:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


The angry shouty blue guy runs up and eviscerates his henchman in the way before continuing up and jamming a pick into Flints guts.

Various red guys run up to various party members and attack them, and the five remaining archers shoot at Aethros.

Colors of party members are:
Tammi: Purple
Flint: Green
Aethroes: Light Blue
Isis: Yellow
Thunder Ryu: Black

Okay, since the first attack was at Flint, he receives 8 temp HP, then takes 32 damage.

Tammi takes 16 damage from a sword in her shoulder.

Aethros gets arrowed for 4.

Isis gets stabbed for 7.

Thunder Ryu laughs contemptuously at his incredibly incompetent attacker.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
endersdouble
Journeyman


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{ Tammi is hovering in the air specifically so some chump with a sword can't reach him. How did he get stabbed? }
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 968

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{ ...ouch. }

Flint grits his teeth and shifts into Angry Gargoyle Movement. He swings with halberd and a kick at the Hobgoblin Boss.

[Halberd: 1d20(7)+11 = 18]
[Slam: 1d20(2)+4 = 6]

{ This is apparently not my day. }

[5-foot-step to S14.]


Last edited by Quantumboost on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron


Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 686

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Isis summons her rapier and her scimitar, right and left respectively and also poisoned, attacking the two closest hobgoblins. The one in S11 with her rapier and the one in Q13 with her scimitar.

[Rapier to hit = 13 + 3 (BAB) = 16

Scimitar to hit = 18 (Crit) + 3 = 21 (Blackjack)

Rapier damage = 1

Scimitar damage = 3 x 2 (Crit) = 6]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 8491
Location: Oakland, CA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{2 things.

First, based on the map, there's at least one invisible person somewhere vaguely north of me?

If so, I could activate blindsight and move to engage, but that would take the place of my ability to absorb some of the party's damage. I could also give someone else blindsight if they are closer to an invisible enemy. Any opinions?}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

endersdouble wrote:
{ Tammi is hovering in the air specifically so some chump with a sword can't reach him. How did he get stabbed? }


Well Tammi I didn't see that anywhere in your post, if I were being really mean, I'd point out that flying would make you the number one target for all the archers, and since your AC is not 25, you would be a pincushion, but instead, I'll go ahead and point out that the AB of these Hobgoblins and their damage are identical when shooting bows as when swinging swords, and they all have both. So you still got critted, but now it's a times 3, so you take 19 damage instead.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 8491
Location: Oakland, CA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

endersdouble wrote:
Tammi picks himself up off the ground, dusting off his clothing and adjusting his hat as he orients himself [in T12.] Looking at the blue hobgoblin, he speaks--"Aren't you mad at those other stupid, incompetent hobgoblins? Don't you want to kill them?" before unfurling his wings and flying ten feet up and hovering.


{Looking like pincushion justification in the last sentence here.}

EDIT: Though it could be argued that the rest of the archers haven't drawn a bead on him till now, and the guys charging at them with drawn swords might be higher priority if they have much sense of self-preservation.


Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron


Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 686

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{Are you saying he added that post getting stabbed? Cause I indeed remember that there before hand}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to be clear. I mean "I didn't see it." Which is very different from "It wasn't there." Because I randomly miss stuff all the time. If it produced different results that were better for him, I would absolutely institute them. It just so happens that him flying could only have made this worse for him.

But it will come in handy, regarding those dogs who cannot shoot bows.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Kaelik on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 8491
Location: Oakland, CA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{Barring anyone requesting something else, my general tactics from this point on will be moving to take cover in the trees and blasting from there. I'll prioritize the grunts, since they seem to be able to hit us semireliably. If there's a change in the situation, I may specify different tactics for Aetheros.}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
endersdouble
Journeyman


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{

Kaelik: understandable confusion. I'll try to be more clear in the future. Also, (while it's too late for the last round...) I entirely forgot about my Persuasive feat:
Quote:

Your words can stop fights before they start. Any
creature that can hear you speak must make aWill
save (DC 10 + 1=2 your character level + your Cha
modifier) or it canít attack you directly; however,
you arenít protected from its area or effect spells,
or similar abilities. Any creature that succeeds on
its save is immune to this ability for 24 hours. You
may use nonattack spells or otherwise act, but if
you attack the creature or its allies, it may attack
you. This is a mind-affecting, language-dependent
charm effect.


Which may be important in the future. Recall that I have telepathy, so everything can hear/understand me. Your call how it changes things for this battle (is suggestion an attack?)

}

Tammi recoils in anger and disgust. "You struck me? You're not supposed to strike me!" Fiddling with a ring, he disappears.

[

Pop my ring of invisibility sphere. Fly 10 feet further up (to 20 feet in elevation) and then to K12.

]


Last edited by endersdouble on Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group