The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Lots of dieing Hobgoblins.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Lots of dieing Hobgoblins. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Every now and then, when you guys get bored of your mostly evil ways, you go ask a Cleric to ask his god about where a fun place to kill shit and get treasure would be. You made the mistake of asking a quite powerful and kinda jerkish Cleric of Bahamut this time.

He cast Divination, then he handed you a gem which broke and teleported all you suckers to spot in the middle of no where.

Some hobgoblins are right nearby, so you should probably roll Init and tell me the result.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
endersdouble
Journeyman


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

INIT: 1d20 + 2 = 3

Just my luck today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, despite only having one player, give a little more info, now that I've got my maps set up:

First, you are in this location, so compare that against my grid:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


But because you are appearing there differently, I'm not using their map, since it has locations marked on it, and it's too small.

My Grid:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


So the black area is where you guys are. The red spots are various hobgoblins dragging bodies around, picking over some dead people, standing chatting, or standing with bows draw (the ones up on the ridge).

The Blue is a much more awesome looking one who has two badass picks in his hand, connected by a chain, and he's starting to bark orders after you show up.

The other ones all have bows and swords and shields on them.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Kaelik on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 968

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

INIT: 1d20 - 3 = 13

Edit: just remembered initiative penalty


Last edited by Quantumboost on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mask_De_H
Duke


Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1812

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Init: 1d20 + 6 = 12

Eh.
_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron


Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 686

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How do I rolled dice?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
endersdouble
Journeyman


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked up a d20 and rolled it. As I understand, Kaelik and I are of the same opinion: if you are really pathetic enough to cheat on PbP, you have other problems.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, that is my assumption.

Also, Mask De, looking at your sheet, Ninja'd. Your 12 will stand, but you can go ahead and declare your surprise round action right now.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Kaelik on Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
xXOblivionXx
NPC


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Init: 1d20+0=11
Will make my fighta later, don't have time now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mask_De_H
Duke


Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1812

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can I say I'm at Q13? If so: 5 foot step to P13 and use standard action to shank P15 and P13.

Kusari-gama: 1d20 +15 = 29 to P15
B-Sword(off hand): 1d20 + 16 = 21 to P13

Damage (if applicable):
1d6 +18 = 23 to P15
1d10 +18 = 25 to P13

EDIT: Yeah, totally forgot about Surprise!
_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Mask_De_H on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 8491
Location: Oakland, CA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[INIT: 5+2 = 7]

{Just saw this, am now reading through fully.}

EDIT 1:

Initially stunned by the sudden transition, Aetheros takes a while to react, his eyes darting from figure to figure.

{ I use the following symbols in my posts

{} = OOC

[] = Mechanics

}


Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mask, I think you are drastically underwriting your damage. They are flat footed, it being the start of combat and all. So you get +Int to attack and Surprise.

Anyway, based on my calculations, they both seemingly ignore your attacks... before suddenly splitting in two and falling to the ground.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron


Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 686

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

5+2=7

Am I to assume we're using the Red Hand characters? Because mine isn't evil.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A disproportionate amount of the group is evil or evilish, and you are drow, so I generally picture it as some guy proves to be evil, and then you set out for righteousness while the rest of your group evilishly dicks with the evil people.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 968

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{Do the hobgoblins have higher than 13 init or do I go first after the surprise round?}

Last edited by Quantumboost on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 8491
Location: Oakland, CA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{
Just to put everything into perspective:

LE product of a supersoldier program who was raised by devils
NE described as "Mad, bad, and dangerous to know", but also affable
CN prone to murdering people with little provocation
N with sadistic tendencies when he can justify them to himself. Can get along with most groups if they aren't utter jerks and is only moderately devoted to the agenda of his cult
NG who is at least semi-crazy, but wants to spread "happiness"

Let's see...

How about we just go with the assumption that everyone found this Material Plane and adventured around for a while. During this time, they gradually met up and decided that everyone would benefit from collaborating together.

Having a bunch of powerful people watching your back is obviously useful right now, and everyone is bright enough to realize the long-term benefits of making allies at this stage, so treachery shouldn't be too much of a problem. Questan along with other people's plot hooks is also considerably easier to justify so long as the objective isn't entirely anathema to a given character.
}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was waiting for all five to roll Init so I could see where best to shift Hobgoblins to make for easiest progression. But the single roll for all the red hobgoblins did in fact end up higher than 13.

So yeah. Might shift it down or up based on the following rolls.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron


Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 686

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Disquised a blonde surface elf, 'Isis' prefered to act like a dumb blonde, waving happily at the hobgoblins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
endersdouble
Journeyman


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{That's everyone's init, isn't it?

The vague justification for our group's existence mostly works for me. Tammi enjoys having people around to screw with, at least, and has realized that pawns^H^H^H^H^Hallies are more useful if you stick with the same set for a while.
}


Last edited by endersdouble on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{So it is. Anyway, onward. Shifting some enemies down in init, but the red hobs rolled a 14, which I thought was lower than someones, but apparently isn't. So it's going to be:

Reds:
You guys, in whatever order is most beneficial (since you guys can delay around)
The Blue + other unnamed enemies who will all act then.

This way you guys are all together, and enemies are together.

Pick a starting square on your turn, and then tell me where you end, and I'll update the map.}

The Warriors react to their commanders screaming, and the quick deaths of their colleagues by dropping bodies and drawing weapons. A sudden mass charge takes place, mostly aimed at the ninja out front.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


All the reds adjacent to the black, or the box area are holding longswords and shields, the others have all pulled out bows, I rolled randomly, and Flint is in on the right side, and is attacked by both hobos over there.

The three on the other side attack Thunder Ryu. And all the archers attack Aethros.

Flint takes on hit for 3.
Thunder Ryu takes a hit from the charger for 10.
Aethros take one archer shot for 5.

It is now officially your guys turn. Also, I hate you for having such ridiculous AC.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
endersdouble
Journeyman


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tammi picks himself up off the ground, dusting off his clothing and adjusting his hat as he orients himself [in T12.] Looking at the blue hobgoblin, he speaks--"Aren't you mad at those other stupid, incompetent hobgoblins? Don't you want to kill them?" before unfurling his wings and flying ten feet up and hovering.

[Suggestion SLA on Blue Dude. DC, if I'm getting this right, 18: 10+2 (level) + 6 (CHA.)
]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 12105

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh ender, you just made my day so much.
_________________
"DSMatticus" wrote:
Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
endersdouble
Journeyman


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I aim to please.

Though I always hate when DMs say that. I don't know which extreme I brought you to. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 8491
Location: Oakland, CA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{So we're doing initiative "them and us" style? That's nice, should cut down on turn complexity a bit. I'd like to be in S12}

Hissing as the arrow cuts partway into one shoulder before being repelled by the layer of enchanted mithral under his suit, Aetheros spins around and begins to clamber up the hill. He stumbles a bit as he reaches the top and blasts a bright yellow beam out of an outstretched finger and at the archer in front of him.

"Ooow. I'm too pretty for this. Maybe I should look into some tougher armor or something. Damn your eyes!"

He risks a glance behind him, casting a protective web of blue magical force to hover around whoever looks most threatened.

[
Moving up next to the archer, I'm assuming the climb counts as several squares.

Ranged touch attack 13
14 Light Damage
DC 18 Save or be Dazzled

Whenever someone would otherwise get hit and I can spend the action, I reflexively use Azure Aegis, which gives 8 temporary HP and +2 AC to them until my next turn.

If I could have done so, I would have like to have shielded Thunder Ryu, since he took the most damage this round so far. I have no idea whether the flat-footed rules would have let me, though.

If enemies are obviously focusing on one person, I will buff that individual instead of the first person hit that round.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
endersdouble
Journeyman


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 120

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

{ As a random strategy question, does anyone here do effective subdual damage? I have a couple nice mind-rapey powers, so it might come in handy in some situations. }
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group