[Race] Robot Girl

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

[Race] Robot Girl

Post by Koumei »

Okay, I dislike robots, but robot girls are cute, so I'll make an exception. Next time someone wants to play a Warforged, DDT them into the floor and tell them to play this instead.

Type: Humanoid (Construct)
Ability Scores: no modifications
Speed: 30'
Size: Medium
Skills: +4 racial bonus to Search
Alignment: anything, really

Ghost in the Shell: As a creature with the Construct subtype, the Robot Girl has a Con score and everything, lacking Construct traits, but is treated as a Construct by any effect that specifically works differently against them, such as a Mace of Smiting or Favoured Enemy (Constructs). Likewise, they can choose to count as a Construct for the purpose of taking feats, prestige classes and the like. Also, they have souls, and are partially made of metal, gaining a +1 Natural Armour Bonus.

Built: The Robot Girl can be healed by Repair spells as well as Cure spells, and gains a +4 bonus against Poison and Disease. They need not sleep, but can do so if they want. They still need food.

Lightning-Powered: They gain Electricity Resistance 10 + Hit Dice. Any time any Electricity is resisted, they count as having eaten a full meal. It is delicious.

Laser Eyes (Su): Can be used once per two rounds, with a 30' range. Requires a Ranged Touch Attack, and deals 1d4 Light damage per hit die.

Scanner (Sp): You may cast Detect (Magic/Poison/Evil/Good/Chaos/Law) at will.

---

Steel Angel
You are extra robotic but extra sweet
Requirement: Robot Girl
Benefit: you gain Damage Reduction/Adamantine equal to your hit dice, and any [Charm] effects you use gain a +1 Racial bonus to the save DC.

5 HD: once per day you can fire a salvo of missiles from your shoulders/wrists/knees/boobs as a (Su) ability, out to 150'. They explode in a 30' burst, dealing 1d6 Fire damage per HD and 1d6 Sonic damage per HD, Ref half (Con-based).

10 HD: you gain a Fly speed of 30' (Good) as you jet around the place.

15 HD: once per day you may fire a Photon Beam from your face/chest as a (Su) ability. This extends in a 100' long line, hitting everyone in the area with a Disintegrate effect. The save DC is Con-based.
Last edited by Koumei on Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Why not let them get destroyed by a Mace of Smiting? It's a Vorpal Weapon that only triggers against Constructs. Why the fuck not?

The actual thing that needs to not happen is "Construct Traits" because they are full of ten flavors of bullshit. 20 bonus hit points at first level? No Con score? Fuck that noise. But things that trigger on targeting things with the Construct keyword all need to go off. And that includes smiting weapons.

-Username17
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I suppose so. You'll note that they don't have Construct traits, just a vague subtype that doesn't mean much. I could just change that to "They can count as a Construct for any effect, good or bad, and for the purpose of taking feats, prestige classes and so on."
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

For the lulz, possibly needs:

Standardized Construction: All robot girls in the same campaign have the exact same face, and are distinguishable from others chiefly by hairstyle and frequently-used mannerisms. A robot girl has a +10 racial bonus to Disguise checks made to impersonate another robot girl.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

Megamanning
Requirement: Robot Girl
Benefit: Upon defeating (By any measure that can be counted as defeat) a creature of any kind, you may copy one of their special abilities or class features for a total of eight such powers.

Meh, no scaling. Bleh.
TavishArtair
Knight-Baron

Post by TavishArtair »

Mega Man only gets to copy spell-likes, really.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

Makes more sense? Should I start with a lower number of SLA to be copied and scale up with HD? It was my first idea but it seemed lazy to me.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

hmmm.....

Robot Girl, with Steel Angel, Adamantine Breastplate; and be a Barbarian. Stack Str and Con, and that's a pretty survivable character.

Their DR would be Level x2/Adamantine + 1/2 Level+2/-.
At level 1, that's DR 4/Adamantine (2), - (2).
At level 10, that's DR 27/Adamantine (20), - (7). Shaving off 27 damage per swing isn't too bad.
At 15 it becomes DR 39/ Admantine (30), - (9).

Energy spells get them, but they can get energy resistance gear, and will have high HP.

I think I'll them make some NPC leader of an army of robot girls in this current game. Call them.... General Horartio Zaedite, of the Esbol Robot's Liberation Army; Esbol being the city where most Robot's are built, not being an anagram from some other word. Not at all. Afterall, I'm a raging retard, and couldn't possibly make plays on words. Ever.

Anyway, back to the robot girl general. I could see them wearing dark lensed goggles of night, and have annoying puns to explain what happened in a situation. Like, say the Orcs in the fortress have a fire to deal with; they'll say "Well, looks like the Orcs have started the cookout without us", then readjust their Goggles of Night.

I'll also make them hate orcs, b/c they're loud; and be a drug addict of some kind, probably something that gives them moar DEEARR, at a penalty to wisdom; so they're loopy, but still coherent and clever, also moar deearr. Hmmm... they also think that their side will always win, no matter what tactical errors they make, and maybe the PCs will be able to help them take over an Orcish castle.

I'm sure than an army of Robot Girls is probably someone to make friends with. Even if my group is made up of extremely cynical animu fans, who rip up anime when it's shitty.

As a level 11 Barbarian, the good General would have a DR of 22 + 7, and... let's say +7 more from the drug; so 22 + 14 = 36. Meaning she can probably walk up to a bunch of Iron Golems and punch them to death for fun (assuming she has a 100% crit immunity item).
Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Megaman is not a Robot Girl. For starters, he's not a girl. And I have yet to see an animu where the robot girl steals enemy powers.

Besides, that seems a bit much for a feat.

Really, I did that just to provide a tolerable/cute alternative to Warforged, and to show I can make a new race in about the time it takes to brew a cup of hot strong, strong hot, fresh good strong warming-but-not-hotting good fresh fresh good tea.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Megaman is just a robot who happens to be a Totemist. His powers are even blue.

-Username17
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Holy shit, I just realised: the Blue Mage from Final Fantasy. Is that what Magic of Blue was getting at?
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Even if wasn't, it's a hugely amusing coincidence, and the Totemist is totally what a player should be recommended if they want to play a "Blue Mage".