The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
THE ONLINE ONE NIGHT WONDER CAMPAIGN
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Zebeyana
NPC


Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Saffira follows the others away from the burning wreckage and towards Acre. Pausing near the sack, she reaches in and pulls out a flask of healing. "Hmm.. this could come in handy"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judging__Eagle
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 4625
Location: Lake Ontario is in my backyard; Canada

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, I know that vorpal is lvl 3. However, Adamantine chops up stuff pretty good until then.

Honestly... I'm not someone that's impressed by flashy weapon enchants. The fact that Vorpal let's the user hurt stuff easier works for me. I also noticed that the Snicker-snack power is Str based.

Kore wrote:


Kore took a few steps towards the road to Acre, and looked off into the darkness around them.

"Alright, does anyone here know anything about this massive trail we take to the city of Acre? Roads always seem so open, there's no place to hide or pounce from on them."

He looked to the sides of the road, maybe they could find cover if the army overtook them. That would be bad though. It meant they had been too slow.

He slowed down, and breathed slowly, trying to think of a plan. He had lost his job. The people who had made him lose his job were going to go commit crimes, that only he and three others could warn the authorities about. To top it off, one of his tools had been destroyed, and replaced with something he didn't know how to use properly.

This was looking like it was going to be a long night.


If people want to keep RPing, I'll do keep doing so. However, I'm fine with moving the plot onwards. So you don't need me to vote for plot-advancement. Consider this a proxy vote.
_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mask_De_H
Duke


Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1811

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll grab me that there Ring of Sustenance. And plot advancement is always nice.[/OOC]

Hood peers into the bag, his eye caught by a glint of gold.

"Oh, that looks right ostentatious."

He picks up the glittering object, a ring of some sort, and slips it onto his ring finger. He preens and gawks at it, obviously proud of himself. There wasn't a problem with the fact that the group was in the middle of nowhere, between his awesome and the general luck one in these situations tends to have, he knew that they would make it to Acre alright.
_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Utterfail
Master


Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 221

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Relevant question for Hicks before we advance the plot. Does Heal affect Xaxus as a Harm spell because of his moil wrought background? If not, we could literally hustle all the way to the city, since the only negative effect of hustling for extended periods is becoming Fatigued and taking one point of non-lethal damage per hour beyond the first, which Heal would fix.
_________________
Failing since 1989

I suppose this signature has run it's course.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 968

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Non-DM analysis: heal deals damage to people who are "damaged by positive energy as undead", including people with the Moil Wrought background. But you don't care, because you have Touch of Death and can pump yourself full of negative energy for healing all you want.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hicks
Duke


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 1139
Location: Blytheville, AR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everybody's character sheet is updated
Quantumboost is totally right. I wouldn't worry about it though, Utterfail, you've more immediate problems at the moment.

The DM wrote:
Encounter 2: Hunted

The party of circumstance, resolved to warn the fortress city of a mighty peril, swiftly moves down the broad trade road. Soon the grassy hills become brush, and then trees, and then even the sky is swallowed by the ageless West Wood. Pale beams of moonlight stab through the thick canopy of titanic trees, and the forest grows close and oppressive against the wide, earthen highway. The forest is dead quiet, as if it senses the abominations set against it, as if it knows the what is at your very heels; as if it is holding its breath in anticipation of a terrible blow.

The road meanders through the forest's gullies and around its hillocks, gently turning and meandering underneath the mighty trees that watch, as silent sentinels, over the bare road. Bare save for the party, of course, and your pursuers, naturally. It is not a question of if there'll be, but of when there'll be an attack, as undead are quite without the mortal frame's need for sleep.

The dilemma is quite terrible: Should you run pell-mell to the fortress city in a desperate gambit to arrive before the army 15,000 strong knock as an invader on its gates, but in doing so become a resounding beacon of noise in the harsh stillness of the wood, sure to draw attention of your location to your as yet unseen, but not unknown, pursuers; or skulk about quieter than a wisp of cloud that floats past the pale moon, and be ran down early and often by the doubtless many advanced patrols for your lack of haste? A fierce conundrum indeed, but at whisper of a cracked leaf behind you all such pondering leave your head. Are they here? Is it false alarm that makes you now tremble in anticipation of battle?

PLEASE ROLL LISTEN AND SPOT CHECKS. ALSO INITIATIVE.


My wireless internet is down, but I'll try to keep up over Zebeyana's computer. I hate this Mac, the keyboard commands to copy/paste aren't the same [/obvious].
_________________
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd

shadzar wrote:
those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.

Lokathor wrote:
Commander: Ah! Adventurers! Perfect.
Tibellus: You can tell by the lobster on my head.


Stuff I've Made
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Hicks on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Utterfail
Master


Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 221

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xaxus' Listen: 5
Xaxus' Spot: 4

Initiative: 7 (Ugh, I'll have to burn this d20 at this rate.)
_________________
Failing since 1989

I suppose this signature has run it's course.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Judging__Eagle
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 4625
Location: Lake Ontario is in my backyard; Canada

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Listen: 20
Spot: 12
Init: 11

Kooooreeee! wrote:


Kore looks at his companions, and listens in the distance.

He could outrun the enemy, could. His companions could do the same, if they have that flask.

Except that they were all prey, and their predators outnumbered them. Vastly.

The only thing that he could think of, would be to have some sort of distraction, something that would get everyone's attention. He considered running on his own, bellowing and yelling; while the rest got away on their own. Even if they moved quickly, they wouldn't be noticed due to his distracting effect.

He got close to the others and whispered his idea.

"Saffira. You can burn a tree, yes? Could you burn a forest? I think that we could do much damage to this army as they cross the forest; and escape quickly in the confusion.

Like striking a foe as they are in the middle of crossing a river. You can strike the bone-men as they cross the forest. We've already seen that bone breaks and burns. Imagine what would happen if a forest full of bone-men goes alight? They would lose much of their force, and while they are waiting for the fires to abate we could make our way to Acre."

He pricked his ears, trying to find some noise in the woods around them.


Not running and getting spotted. Not hiding and getting surrounded.

We burn Birnham Wood, and escape in the confusion.

The plan is this:

-move slowly and quietly to some point near/at the middle or eastern (closest to Acre) side of the forest.
-wait until the undead near or cross the middle of the forest
-have Saffira spend several rounds burning the forest; this will involve moving backwards, and shooting to the north and south of the road in order to get the fire started faster; Saffira's range on her fire bolts is only 30' right now; that's not a lot; but it's higher than anything else
-run like idjits while the undead are stuck/blocked in/by a burning forest
-make it to Acre, while the undead are finally leaving the forest (big armies don't stop 'leaving' or 'entering' an area until the whole army has entered or left; it could very well take them a whole day; more due to the fire)

An other plan:
-we wait until we are partway into the forest
-kore carries saffira on his shoulders
-saffira shoots fire every round at the forest behind us, and to our sides
-hopefully we leave a massive conflagration to block the path behind us

Issues include wind, dryness of the forest, and range on Saffira's Fire attacks.

Survival Check: 2

Kore don't know nothing about the woods, today.
_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zebeyana
NPC


Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spot: 26
Listen: 17
Initiative: 22

Quote:
Saffira listens to Kore with concern.

"Hmm. Such a plan will destroy this forests beauty. On the other hand, fire has a particular beauty all it's own. [/sly grin] Let's go for it."

I'm not sure which of Kore's plans is the better one.


Last edited by Zebeyana on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mask_De_H
Duke


Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1811

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spot 15
Listen 2
Initiative 21

Quote:
Hood stifles a yawn, not used to the sudden shift from laziness to action. He smacks his lips together and looks at the forest behind him.

I say we torch the place mate, not like there are gonna be people around to enjoy the trees once those skeles get around to their duties. Plus, distractions are my forte.

He strokes his weedy goatee in a wizened manner, eyes to the side in thought.

Although, it would probably be a good idea to get near Acre before we start the proceedings, wouldn't want to burn out our own escape route right?


Wait for river/closeness to Acre, then burn the forest to the ground. We'll show those trees undead who's boss.
_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judging__Eagle
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 4625
Location: Lake Ontario is in my backyard; Canada

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

we move up the road; anything that's really out to chase us, we can rebuke, burn, chop or trick with illusions.

at the middle, we make a fire; then run down the road.

Kore wrote:


"Heh, good point Charlatan. The bone men aren't in the woods yet either. Let's just move down the road, fast. If there are things we can't outfight, or outrun; then we burn the woods and beat feet."

Kore straightened up, and stretched the muscles in his neck, legs, and arms. He breathed slowly and deeply, filling his lungs completely with fresh air with each breath, and exhaling completely each time.




splitting up the party is dumb, but a good mental exercise; here's what I had wrote before.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hicks
Duke


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 1139
Location: Blytheville, AR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have not fallen off the earth, but I might as well have. My home internet is still down. I am posting this from my church's computer after our thanksgiving service, and have neither my books nor my campaign notes. My father has been hospitalized twice since my last post in this thread, and is currently nigh bed-ridden by sickness.
_________________
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd

shadzar wrote:
those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.

Lokathor wrote:
Commander: Ah! Adventurers! Perfect.
Tibellus: You can tell by the lobster on my head.


Stuff I've Made
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Utterfail
Master


Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 221

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sucks, but don't feel like you've got some obligation to post. Real life first and all that.
_________________
Failing since 1989

I suppose this signature has run it's course.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Judging__Eagle
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 4625
Location: Lake Ontario is in my backyard; Canada

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no worries, we can wait
_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group