The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
THE ONLINE ONE NIGHT WONDER CAMPAIGN
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hicks
Duke


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 1139
Location: Blytheville, AR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: THE ONLINE ONE NIGHT WONDER CAMPAIGN Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Instructions
Step 1: pick a pregenerated character.
    Barbarian [LOCKED; played by Judging__Eagle]
    Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

    Firemage [LOCKED; played by Zebeyana]
    Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

    Beguiler [LOCKED; played by Mask_De_H]
    Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
    (must have access to PHB2 to play)

    Dread Necromancer [LOCKED; played by Utterfail]
    Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
    (must be willing to generate and place in a [-SPOILER-] each created undead's stat block to play)
2: Post in this this thread your character's actions. The first person to post in character for a character LOCKs that character, prohibiting anyone else from posting in character for that character untill either that person decides to relinguish control of that character or I boot that person from the game.
    2a: I'll only boot someone if they have not posted an action for 24 hours* and I recieve a PM from someone requesting to play that character, or if they are a colossal asshole toward me or any other player in this thread; I don't care what you do in other theads, I don't care what you do to NPCs, be civil toward the other players.

    *Emergency situations happen, and life is really more important than anything on the internet; that is totally OK. PM me or post what you want your character to do and I'll do my best to follow your guidelines and not get the character killed.

    2b: People who want to play characters may play that character on a first come first serve basis in order that the request was PMed to me. Yes, you can PM me that you want to play a character when someone else is already playing that character. I will notify anyone selected via PM.
3: Play the damn game. You can roll physical dice, use online dice rollers, or let me roll dice, I really don't care as long as the results are posted. I'll update the character sheet if you pick up anyting you care about and when the characters advance in level.




PLAYER INTRODUCTION OF THE ONE NIGHT WONDER
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


GODS OF THE ONE NIGHT WONDER
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


BACKSTORY
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)



The DM wrote:
BOOK I: HEROES OF A CITY
Chapter 1: The Flight to Acre
Day 1 Fleeing the Caravan
Encounter 1: Fight and Flight

So, it’s dusk, in about 5 minutes it’s going to be dark outside, and the wagons are circled up around a big bonfire. The PCs are not on guard duty tonight, so they’re probably getting their beds ready. Suddenly there’s a shout outside, somebody’s raising hell and shouting “To Arms! To Arms! Hurry! They’re almost -*ACK!*-“and then the PCs hear the wet thump of a dead body hitting the ground. There seems to be a big commotion outside, and then it feels like there is a small tremor… then another… and another. Not far away, the stamp of hundreds of feet, marching in unison, is shaking the ground. They’re almost here…

_________________
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd

shadzar wrote:
those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.

Lokathor wrote:
Commander: Ah! Adventurers! Perfect.
Tibellus: You can tell by the lobster on my head.


Stuff I've Made
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Hicks on Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:58 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zebeyana
NPC


Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok. I'm gonna be Saffira. I want to find out what the noise is. Please roll for me a spot and listen check.

Last edited by Zebeyana on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hicks
Duke


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 1139
Location: Blytheville, AR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Saffira
Spot: 11
Listen: 4

The DM wrote:
You crack the wagon door open a sliver and spy with your experimental eye a row of 30 skeletons eighty feet away from you, on the other side of the circled shadow wagons, the far side of which is 40 feet away. Each skeleton has a longbow a drawn and nocked arrow that has been lit on fire, there seem to be more skeletons behind the first archer line, but they are unlit and you can't make out just how many rows there are.

The night watch of 6 (formally 7, but that last on has a flaming arrow sticking out of his skull) is yelling "TO ARMS!" and is setting up a defensive line across from the bonfire, but inside the circled wagons, about 20' away, and a few more off shift caravan guards are waking up and joining the line.

_________________
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd

shadzar wrote:
those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.

Lokathor wrote:
Commander: Ah! Adventurers! Perfect.
Tibellus: You can tell by the lobster on my head.


Stuff I've Made
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judging__Eagle
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 4625
Location: Lake Ontario is in my backyard; Canada

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I. Am. Kharne!

errm... ahem.

I mean.

I. Am. Kore!

Quote:

Kore grinned his filed teeth, and the pupils of his gold-green eyes seemed to narrow like a cat's. He howled like a wolf*, and pulled out his axes, Cleaver, and Gutter from the side of his bed roll.

He was right about to go to sleep, but now. Now, there was bloodletting to do and throats to rip. He chuckled maniacally as he tightened his grip on his weapons and made his way to one of the 'circled' wagons; then ducked under the wagon, crawling underneath**. He looked outwards, trying to see or hear who was attacking; getting ready to leap out at the first idiot to get within charging range***.

In the dim light the only things one could make out of his sillhouette were his lean armoured body, a shock of wild hair, and his axes. One was shaped like, well, a cleaver, the other was more like a massive chopping knife.



*spot and listen checks
**the howl is intimidate
***sneaking under the wagons, so hide and move silently

Shit is on, son.

[old post]
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hicks
Duke


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 1139
Location: Blytheville, AR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KORE
spot: 11
listen: 18
intimidate: 9
hide: 13
move silently: 12

In the future, you can roll your own dice, use an online dice roller, or ask for me to roll for you.

The DM wrote:
Kore crys out like the psyco he is, and vanishes underneath his wagon, crouched and coiled like a viper ready to strike anthing foolish enough to get with 40' of this bad mutherfu-SHUT YO MOUTH!

You spy with your enraged eye 27 caravan guards forming a line 14 wide and 2 deep on the far side of the bonfire, the back row only has 13. The 8 caravan drivers (one for each wagon) are spread around the inside of the circled wagons.

Your rather close contact with Terra Firma allows you to feel the surging advance of the Skeleton Horde. It looks like it's broken into three groups: to the right is a column of 50 Skeletons 80' away, wearing chain and barring their filthy claws, to the left is another column similarly outfitted and also 80' away, and in the center is a column of 50 skeletons 80' away who are drawing back their longbows, each sporting an arrow lit on fire.

There is a beat in the air, followed by the wooshing noise of a sky filled with fiery projectiles. 6 Guards and 2 Drivers fail to get their shields up in time, they hardly scream before mercifully succumbing to death's cold embrace. The closest 4 wagons, to the archers, opposite of you and your party, catch fire; your's and your adjacent wagons are unscathed. The Right and Left Skeleton Columns surge foreward and close to 50' of you (30' from the broken line of Guards).

ROLL INITIATIVE. STATE ACTIONS.

Skeletons act on a 16, and close to engage the line of Guards 20' away from you and your party.
_________________
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd

shadzar wrote:
those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.

Lokathor wrote:
Commander: Ah! Adventurers! Perfect.
Tibellus: You can tell by the lobster on my head.


Stuff I've Made
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Hicks on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zebeyana
NPC


Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Never selected alignment. CG.

Initiative 20 (total)

Saffira is going to keep sheltered by a wagon and firebolt the nearest skeleton, (waiting until it gets into range, if necessary). Then firebolt it again if it does not go down, and if it does, target the next one.

First attack is a 12 to hit, 3 damage.
Second is a 17 to hit, 2 damage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bill Bisco: Isometric Imp
Knight


Joined: 17 Mar 2008
Posts: 447

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nevermind
_________________
Black Marches
"Real Sharpness Comes Without Effort"


Last edited by Bill Bisco: Isometric Imp on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judging__Eagle
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 4625
Location: Lake Ontario is in my backyard; Canada

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Initiative: 10

Kore licks the edge of Gutter, breaking the skin, and letting a small dribble of red ichor stain the blade. The pain awakens his Barbarian rage, and he continues to crawl under the wagons, moving towards the rest of the guards. Even if he hadn't been trained in an army, he had long been taught the lesson of the safety of one's pack.

With some of the wagons on fire, he gets out from under the wagons and goes to the nearest on-fire wagon.

He puts his shoulder against one of the wagons and begins to push it, trying to send it into the approaching mass of skeletons, before they reach the rest of the guards.

He yells at the six remaining caravan drivers that are still standing to help him.

"We need to scatter those bone men; like a rock dashes a pond! Give me your shoulders pack-brothers, and we'll scatter their lines like seeds in the wind."

Str check: 22 (18+4)

[Note: I want to drive one of the burning wagons into the group of skeletons nearest the formed up mercenaries. I want to break their formation up by putting an obstacle in their path. Hopefully if/when we kill those skellies, we'll also have something we can push towards the archers, so we'll have cover when charging them.

Seriously, 150 skellies. I'm not liking our chances, but this seems like fun.]
_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hicks
Duke


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 1139
Location: Blytheville, AR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Driver: Aid another 5, Fail
Driver: Aid another 3, Fail
Driver: Aid another 17, Success +2
Driver: Aid another 14, Success +2
Driver: DED
Driver: DED

The DM wrote:
Saffira holds her action untill she can see the backs of their eyeless sockets.

Fiery arrows fall like rain, and 4 guards and 1 more driver fall dead. All the wagons are set on fire.

The UNDEAD HORDE a hundred strong surges foreward into the enflamed, circled wagons and engages the line of Guards; they are surrounded on three sides by undead abominations with their backs to a huge bonfire. Another Guard bites the dust.

Kore moves swiftly and purposely, summoning all his strength, and the remaining drivers, to overturn one of the wagons. One of the Drivers was on the wrong side of the horde and was cut down as he tried to escape. The 4 remaining drivers together with you overturn a fiery wagon over and onto the right column; it colapses in a pile of flaming debries on top of 12 skeletons, and formes a block of difficult terrain 15' by 25' that is also on fire. Those 12 skeletons take 7 damage from the crushing debries (huge weapon, 3d6) and 6 damage from the fire (1d6); None of the 12 affected skeletons drop. On a scale from 0 to 14, they look about a 2. The Guards are now sourrounded on two sides by Undead, and two sides by fire, with a little path for them to escape to the east from between the two infernos.

Saffira, wisely waiting for the right moment to strike, pew-pew's one of the damaged Skeletons; it crumbles into ash. And again she fires at another damaged Skeleton, and it also crumbles into ash.

The guard captain yells out above the din of battle, “To Acre! Warn the City!” right before he catches an arrow to the throat. He gurgles softly for a second before he is sliced to ribbons by skeletons. He's dead Jim.

THE PLAYERS MAY NOW DECLARE ACTIONS.


Enemies
50 undamaged skeletons in the left column
38 undamaged skeletons in the right column
10 damaged skeletons in the right colum
50 undamaged skeletons in the center column, 80' away from saffira and 60' away from Kore.

Allies
Kore (Undamaged)
Saffira (Undamaged)
16 Guards Live
12 Guards dead (including the Guard Captain)
4 Drivers live and kicking
4 Drivers dead

I've ran this three times before. This is the first time anyone has said that fighting 150 skeletons at first level was "interesting".
_________________
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd

shadzar wrote:
those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.

Lokathor wrote:
Commander: Ah! Adventurers! Perfect.
Tibellus: You can tell by the lobster on my head.


Stuff I've Made
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zebeyana
NPC


Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can we seriously defeat 150 (sorry, 148) skeletons? I believe we need to flee, fast and far.

So, Kore, shall we flee towards acre?


Last edited by Zebeyana on Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:42 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Utterfail
Master


Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 221

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey! I formatted the Dread Necromancer LaTeX style the other day. Hopefully it'll make its way into Aktariel's Tome PDF. So on that note, I'll take Xaxus.

Edit: But until then, have this

Xaxus is Neutral Evil. The extra spell will be Entangle from the Druid list.

If I interpret Body Assemblage right I'll get 2 skeletons/zombies with a CR less than 1. Here are their stat blocks.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Xanxus enters the fray! Initiative 6 (4 +2)
Initiative Rover: 5 (3+2)
Initiative Grover: 20 (16+4)

Quote:
Xanxus stands near Kore, ready for the coming horde* with his two minions in front of him. He yells out "I think you are right, Zebyana. Even my power over the dead could only slow an onslaught of this size.


* Readied action to rebuke undead if the columns get within 40'.
_________________
Failing since 1989

I suppose this signature has run it's course.


Last edited by Utterfail on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zebeyana
NPC


Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there an opening to escape through? If so...
Quote:
Saffira exclaims, "Follow me, this way to Acre boys". Ready firebolts if needed on any too-close skellies.

Otherwise...
Quote:
Saffira will firebolt the nearest, most threatening skeleton (2 times), an injured one if possible.

Please roll for me, I have no dice at work.


Last edited by Zebeyana on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hicks
Duke


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 1139
Location: Blytheville, AR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xaxus Turns Rebukes Undead
Turning Check: 1d20 (17) - 6 (desecrate) + 4 (Charisma) = 15 (CR 2)
Turning Damage: 2d6 (10) + 1 (Cleric Level) + 4 (Charisma) = 15 HD affected

The DM wrote:
Swiftly, the fair Saffira glides out of the enflamed wagon and takes cover around it's corner, calling out to and directing the hopeful survivors of this massacre to a passage of escape between the two large fires to the northwest. Just in time too, as the next volly of fiery arrows fall like rain from a thundercloud. Guardly, Saffira watches as the horde surges foreward, through the flames to cut down the fleeing guards, 6 more fall as the tide surges between and around to the south of the huge bonfire.

Of the hundred or so strong horde, 40 catch fire (5 damage), so immolated they illuminate with the fires of horror. The 10 skeletons remaining within the rubble succumb to the flames (5 damage) and fall to ash to feed the conflagration. But in their stead a tide of horror rolls through the fire and sourround Kore and the 3 drivers. Saffira sees her opening and wings a burning skeleton with magical flame (16 touch attack, 3 damage, 8 total).

As the grotesque mockeries of life pass by the now encircled poclet of dirvers and Kore, Gutter and Cleaver sing in the night air (2 AoO; 25, 22 to hit); each bite hard into a skeletal's skull (9 damage, 8 damage) and destroy the undead abomination. But 14 passed by and have cut off your escape with an unliving wall of bones and claws. Three skeletons, still standing in the flaming wreckage swipe at Kore (11, 8, 7 attack), all failing to land on the warrior-mountain. One of the drivers is not so lucky, and is pulled screaming into the flames and evicerated.

Suddenly, a voice rings out over the field and din of battle.
    "DARK HORDES OF UNLIFE, TREMBLE AT THE CALL OF XAXUX!"
Then, Like a wave crashing on a rocky shore, the 14 advanced undead and a single attacking skeleton halt. Then falter. Then cower at the commanding preseance of the dread necromancer. The guards frantically call to the drivers to escape the encirclement before the undead can regroup.


Enemies
30 undamaged skeletons in the left column
20 on fire skeletons in the left column (5 damage)

12 undamaged skeletons in the right column
11 on fire skeletons in the right column (5 damage)
11 destroyed skeletons in the right colum
9 Rebuked undead in the right column,
6 Rebuked and on fire undead in the right column (5 damage)
1 on fire skeleton in the right column (8 damage)

50 undamaged skeletons in the center column, 80' away from saffira and 60' away from Kore.

Allies
Kore (Undamaged)
Saffira (Undamaged)
Xaxus (Undamaged)
10 Guards Live
18 Guards dead (including the Guard Captain)
3 Drivers live and kicking
1 Drivers dead

Judging__Eagle, Kore has 2 "live" skeletons and a cowering skeleton in front of him along with 5 Drivers, the path to the northwest, once blocked by skellies have been rebuked for the time being and pose no threat for another 10 rounds

Ubernoob, you can say and roll what Rover and Grover are doing, as well as where you wan Xaxus to move. FYI: the wagon you are standing in is on fire. So is every other wagon and most of the battlefield. OH YEAH...
    Spellcraft: 19.
Those skeletons have some sort of desecration effect on each of them. You might want to take whatever the hell it is, you know, if you wanna...
_________________
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd

shadzar wrote:
those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.

Lokathor wrote:
Commander: Ah! Adventurers! Perfect.
Tibellus: You can tell by the lobster on my head.


Stuff I've Made
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Utterfail
Master


Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 221

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Xaxus hops down from the wagon he is on, Rover and Grover in tow, and advances towards the northwest passage. Now's our chance to epedite our retreat!


Now that Xaxus is closer to the skeletons, he sees if he can spot the source of the desecration effect on it.


Spot Check: 21 (17 + 4).
_________________
Failing since 1989

I suppose this signature has run it's course.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Judging__Eagle
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 4625
Location: Lake Ontario is in my backyard; Canada

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay... repost.

Kore wrote:

Kore watches the actions unfold, and the undead fall back.


Can these wagon's still be driven? It's 3 days walk, and 1 days trip. I'm not sure if everyone's noticed this, but I have.

The skeletons can seriously run us to exhaustion, unless we scatter and hide.

Do any of the 4 not yet burning wagons carry anything useful? Food, weapons, valuables?

Also, two mother-fucking words: Shadow. Wagons.

The idea of being a feral monster driving a shadowey coach pulled by ghostly horses is pretty cool.

If the above are possible:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


If the wagons cannot be moved or driven from where they are:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mask_De_H
Duke


Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1812

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's go with TN.

William Hood, recently returned from a duty free leak, sees the general commotion occuring in the wagon company.

"Well Loki's flaming ballsack, that doesn't look pleasant at all."

Moving as stealthily as he can, he attempts to move towards the wagons, seeing his fellow Luminary guardsmen fighting off the skeleton horde. He readies a spell as he moves, trying to see what the crazy guy who yells a lot does.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zebeyana
NPC


Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do believe he said all the wagons are burning.

Quote:
Saffira runs, following Xaxus, ready to flame anything that gets too close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judging__Eagle
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 4625
Location: Lake Ontario is in my backyard; Canada

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fail: I didn't realize that all of the wagons were now on fire. :/

Can any of them be salvaged? I'm fine with chopping off burning parts, or throwing out cargo, I just don't want to waste an opportunity to help us survive, and move quicker, if it's possible.


Initially, the closest four wagons caught fire. Meaning 4 are were still fine. I didn't realize that they were all on fire now. We're in deep shit, but not TPK'd.

Hopefully, we can snag a wagon and get to Acre in one day, not 3.

Also, remember. Shadow. Wagons.

You don't get much more cooler than that. It's one thing to have an all black wagon. It's an other when it's able to jump into the shadowlands. We could travel there the next day; reach Acre early, and give the city time to prepare.




I don't know about the rest of you guys, but having a part in killing eleven skeleton warriors in at level one is fun. Sometimes taking a chance pays off.

I wonder how long I can go before choosing to make an attack as my actual chosen actions in a round.
_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hicks
Duke


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 1139
Location: Blytheville, AR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah... all the shadow wagons are on fire. The only reason it would take less than a day for the wagons to go to acre is because of their 1/day shadow walk effect, and they so totally don't work at all any more. Hells bells, they aren't even any horses around to pull them, not that it would matter 'cuz they be kindling now. Hope y'all packed your hiking boots!

Man, I totally made a mistake and held the battlemap backwards. The skeletons are attacking from the west and the escape path out is toward the southeast. I always fuck that up. Sorry. You guys are still running in the right direction and away from danger, so no worries there; you guys are fine.

Spot of 21 eh?

The DM wrote:
The guards and drivers break formation and flee in a mad panic from the camp to the east. There are shouts of "To the road!" and "Every man for himself!"

Two burning skeletons stray too close to Saffira and pay the price (22, 19 attack; 7, 5 damage), the fires consuming first to ash, but only severly charring the second. She flees (30') eastward toward the road.

The mass of animate bones pushes foreward in the absence of resistance, under a hail of arrowfire. 5 of the guards and 2 of the drivers are first pincushioned then torn appart as they expose their cowardly backs to the skeletal columns.

Kore smashes into one of the skeletons, as he tries to get past them, and leaps towards through the nearest, and still totally on fire, wagon. He grabs [something useful], then shouts to the cowards who broke ranks.
    "Don't stand like fire-tranced deer! Grab something useful, and flee for the gap. We flee!"
Kore Kool-aid Mans it through the eastern flimsy wagon siding, and lands smack dab in the middle of the empty escape lane everybody except Xaxus has used.

Xaxus spies with his necromantic eye a wad of cloth nailed to the inside of each skeleton's right eye socket; it is a desecrated and shrunk item alter to the Arbiter (God of law, earth, knowledge, and death). The cowering skeleton right in front of you looks at you with his (semi)empty eyesockes pleading as if to beg for your mercy. It's right there and you can totally grab it from its eyesocket and run like hell.

Hood strolls up to the field of canrage, fire, and death. Seeing his wagon mates running for their lives while that guy who shouts alot is standing infront of like 88 still moving skeletons, Hood thinks to himself:
    "Man, I'm totally awesome in every way!"
Wait, wait... What I meant to tune into was:
    "Yep, still awesome!"
...third time's the charm:
    "I'm going to cast a spell that totally saves the survivors from being overrun by more skellies than I can count!"
Silent Image, all around Kore. Hood even shouts "ILLUSION!" at the top of his lungs. Stupid skellies. The sights of the survivors fleeing (and Kore standing) are covered as if by a movie projector screen, on the screen is porjected an image of the environment normally seen from the angle of the skeletal horde, sans survivors.



Under the cover of illusion, our intrepid adventurers flee the scene while the skeletons are all to happy to wreak this caravan's shit and further disembowl the dead. All the caravaners except for you four have scattered dissappeared into the twilight. For a second, you feel hope for them that they might escape alone, but as you crest the last southern hill toward the great eastern road, you see the fires of over a hundred such small armies on the western horizion, converging east. The horde that you flead from was nothing more than a small scout of the true army's main body. Safety with the colossal walls Acre may be you only hope, and The fortress city is 3 days away due east on this wide road, and the night is just beginning.

YOU ARE FREE TO CONVERSE AND ROLEPLAY UNTILL YOU WANT ME TO "GET ON WITH IT".

Enemies
18 undamaged skeletons in the left column
12 on fire skeletons in the left column (3 damage)
15 damaged in the left column (5 damage)
5 on fire skeletons in the left column (8 damage)

12 undamaged skeletons in the right column
8 damaged skeletons in the right column (5 damage)*
2 on fire skeletons in the right column (8 damage)*
9 Rebuked undead in the right column,
2 damaged Rebuked undead in the right column (5 damage)
4 Rebuked and on fire undead in the right column (8 damage)*
1 on fire skeleton in the right column (13 damage)*
12 destroyed skeletons in the right colum

50 undamaged skeletons in the center column, 80' away from saffira and 60' away from Kore.

Allies
Kore (Undamaged)
Saffira (Undamaged)
Xaxus (Undamaged)
5 Guards Live
23 Guards dead (including the Guard Captain)
1 Driver live and kicking
5 Drivers dead
_________________
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd

shadzar wrote:
those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.

Lokathor wrote:
Commander: Ah! Adventurers! Perfect.
Tibellus: You can tell by the lobster on my head.


Stuff I've Made
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hicks
Duke


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 1139
Location: Blytheville, AR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
[something useful]

Kore was the only one with the preseance of mind to loot shit from firey wreaks. He got a Sack. A Santa-Sack with 4 magical goodies in it. Each one of you may choose ONE magical item. Bear in mind these limits on your selection:
    It can be a magic weapon made from any legal material; The weapon automagically has a descriptive prefix or suffix from here that grants a cool ability at level 3.

    It can be any magical armor or shield made from any legal material.

    It can be a Belt of Magnificence: adding a +1/3 HD enhancement bonust to all ability scores.

    It can be any minor magic item out of the book of gears (Magic cloak of resistance, compotence to skill, enhancement to DR).

    A Ring of Sustinance: Straight out of the DMG, that takes effect immidieatly when worn. Yes this means that your arcane spells can be re-prepared after a 2 hour nap. Happy birthday.

    A Flask of Heal:* the drinker of this cup benifits from the heal spell, Caster level equals the drinker's HD. The liquid is compleatly nonmagical if not drunk, and cannot be stored outside the flask. the flask always has a full mouthful of liquid to drink, and tastes like peaches. Yes, you can totally pour it down an ally's throat to have them healed.
*First one to call the Flask is the only one who can have the flask.
_________________
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd

shadzar wrote:
those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.

Lokathor wrote:
Commander: Ah! Adventurers! Perfect.
Tibellus: You can tell by the lobster on my head.


Stuff I've Made
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judging__Eagle
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 4625
Location: Lake Ontario is in my backyard; Canada

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Kore's smoldering hatred for the attackers dissipates as he realizes the enormity of the situation. He breathes slowly and deeply, trying to think of a plan of action.

There's really only one thing that he can think of doing right now.

"Acre needs to be warned of this. I may hate cities, but undead kill everything, and only an army can face an army.

What say the rest of you? We need to warn every settlement on the way to Acre, and get there before this army reaches it.

By Loki's Beard and Ariel's breasts. I'll do what I can to stop this army of walking dead that cost me...



my job."

As he started walking, he looked down at what he had taken from the wagon. It was a...


Yes. I made a funny.

3 days of walking, and I don't think anyone here has the Survival skill.

I'll leave what Kore found in the wagon to Hicks.

Uber, you better have grabbed that altar in the skellies head. Think of the critters you can make if you have it. >:3

Edit:

Damn, Hicks already posted what Kore grabbed.

I... don't know what to pick. A Vorpal axe, an Adamantine Carapace, or a Belt of Magnificence.

+1 to all stats, or a bitching weapon. Well, they may not help now, but stats are stats, and they beef up everything.

-sigh- seeing that list makes me go all ... "grabby hands", as a close friend best described the sensation of being tantalized by things.

Kore wrote:

Kore reaches into the bag and pulls out a massive belt leather belt. Like a kidney belt more than a belt one would use on pants. Along its outer surcface are large adamantine disks, each disk is scuplted with one of the great gods.

"By the gods. You'd have thought that the caravan master would have thought to put this to use."

He drops the bag on the ground, and begins to strap the belt around himself; cinching the three thick straps into their respective buckles.

It was just a belt. He didn't feel any stronger, or tougher, or smarter. Maybe it was a dud?

"Hmm.... well, let's see. I don't feel any different."

He reached in again. there was a small flask. It seemed to be filled with shadows. Small crawling things seemed to move inside the clear flask. He tentatively opened the stopper on the flask, and a swarm of tiny flying nightmares flew out of the flask.

Kore tried to swing Cleaver at the swarm, but it was pointless. It was more than pointless. The creatures swarmed on the axe, and seemed to burrow and eat the stone weapon.

The sound of bacon frying was all that could be heard, as the stone was slowly consumed and embedded with the black things that had filled the flask.

Cleaver was Cleaver no more. It was a dark thing. The stone blade was now a smooth, black, metal. Its edges seemed to be impossibly sharp.

Cleaver had been consumed, and Kore looked in marvel at his weapon.

"I call you.... Nightmare's Edge. Edge. For that is what you are. The edge that will slice anything I face."

He kept looking at the adamantine vorpal weapon. It was a bit different though. Longer, thinner. Leaner.

Kore chuckled. The fates were playing a joke on him.

"A black bastard sword for a black-hearted bastard." He swung the weapon. It was longer than he was used to, but not impossibly so. It would take him a week or so to get used to using his weapon.

He sighed, and put the former Cleaver, now Edge; into the clip behind his shoulder on his armour.


Oh, and Alignment: N

I'm going to leave him as a blank for now. My actions in games tend to be all over the place. Usually, the result is a neutral character.
_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mask_De_H
Duke


Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1812

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Well, it doesn't look like there's much we can do. I mean, I'm awesome but by Father's Brow I'm not that awesome. Let's head to Acre."

Hood walks up behind Kore, able to relax after finally being able to put down the moving scenery illusion.

"So, role call on the people not dead eh? The big guy and I are present and accounted for."

Hood raises his hand while peering into the santa sack of awesome Kore had acquired.

"Got anything for me love?"
_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judging__Eagle
Prince


Joined: 07 Mar 2008
Posts: 4625
Location: Lake Ontario is in my backyard; Canada

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kore wrote:


"Search for yourself pack-brother. We'll need all the tools we can get for this."

The bag was on the ground, it's shape extended by its contents.


_________________
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Utterfail
Master


Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Posts: 221

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of course Xaxus grabs the bit of cloth, thats rad loot. Also, its Utterfail. Not Ubernoob. Don't want to sully his name.

Quote:

Xaxus reaches into the skull of the skeleton taking the bit of cloth. A gift? For me? You shouldn't have. And then quickly continues down the escape path with Rover and Grover, under the cover of Hood's helpful Illusion.

Acre does seem to be our best bet. he waits his turn to reach into the loot sack and pulls out... a shiny magic Ring of Sustenance.

_________________
Failing since 1989

I suppose this signature has run it's course.


Last edited by Utterfail on Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hicks
Duke


Joined: 27 Jul 2008
Posts: 1139
Location: Blytheville, AR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool beans dudes. just remember that the pre/suffix on weapons don't come online untill level 3+. Adamantine is still totally OK. I'll update the character sheets in a bit.
_________________
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd

shadzar wrote:
those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.

Lokathor wrote:
Commander: Ah! Adventurers! Perfect.
Tibellus: You can tell by the lobster on my head.


Stuff I've Made
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group