[Tome of Virtue] Totemist

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Kind of: No Divine Casters Allowed. So it would involve actually finding an NPC that can do it.

Bringing people back from the dead is more expensive than just making a new character/not using those abilities yourself.

But yeah, the shining point of the Soldier is that at level 5 or 6, they get a Manoeuvre that forces a Save or Die on every attack that hits. So they boost their accuracy and make a note not to care about damage, and make that happen. And if they can't do that, they have Medium BAB so get to choose between missing or dealing fuck-all damage or getting killed by AoOs before they hit.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Koumei wrote:Kind of: No Divine Casters Allowed. So it would involve actually finding an NPC that can do it.

Bringing people back from the dead is more expensive than just making a new character/not using those abilities yourself.

But yeah, the shining point of the Soldier is that at level 5 or 6, they get a Manoeuvre that forces a Save or Die on every attack that hits. So they boost their accuracy and make a note not to care about damage, and make that happen. And if they can't do that, they have Medium BAB so get to choose between missing or dealing fuck-all damage or getting killed by AoOs before they hit.
Yeah, if your primary ability is house ruled to not work, you're not going to have very much fun. I can see why you would want to switch to something that didn't get rule zero'd.

Personally, I wouldn't particularly enjoy playing in a game that banned SoD's categorically as well as divine casters. If you don't want to deal with that stuff, you can just say "we're playing E6" and be done with it.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

The game has had a few problems with people having different expectations and ideas, but it's going pretty well. I think that's really the main thing, that everyone needs to be on the same page. At least part of the game (the King of Fighters tournament) would have worked better in an actual system that emulates one-on-one fighting games that aren't over in one rapid blitz (White Wolf's Street Fighter RPG, Thrash, whatever). But things are okay now.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Necroing this thread to ask about the Behir Totem. It creates a line of electricity out to close range, while the Chimera Totem and Winter Wolf Totem create cones of fire and cold respectively. Normally lines get some extra distance compared to cones to compensate for the lost area, so is it intentional that the Behir breath weapon has the same range?
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.