Tome Red Hand of Doom.

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

I withdraw from this endeavor. I'm posting this from my church's computer. My home internet has been and has stayed down, and I have been and am taking care of and on call for my sick, nigh bed-ridden, father. I am sorry. I do not have the time for another play by post game. Good luck gang, and be sure to save Brindol in my stead.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Sooo... What up? Is this game happening? Any estimate as to likely start times? Since I'm considering running a module I'm partway through designing, but I like to stick to a max of 2 play-by-post games.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

Has anyone seen Kaelik?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I'm here ish. I guess I can just to a party of five, because those people are never going to finish their sheets, and Hicks dropped out.

It probably won't start till sometime after Tuesday.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

I finished my sheet, right?
endersdouble
Journeyman

Post by endersdouble »

OK, good. Still ready to go whenever you are.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Okay, so the five people who actually finished their characters. My question is:

Umm... Where do you want to do this, because I are ready.

We can do it in a thread here, should we start a new thread? Is that in any way against the spirit or rules of ITT if we play a game in it?

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
endersdouble
Journeyman

Post by endersdouble »

I think a PbP is perfect for ITT. I'd recommend starting a new thread (keeping this one as the OOC/org thread, just to make things easier.)

I'm ready to go, well, whenever. What's the full party?
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

endersdouble wrote:I think a PbP is perfect for ITT. I'd recommend starting a new thread (keeping this one as the OOC/org thread, just to make things easier.)

I'm ready to go, well, whenever.[...]
Seconded.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Okay:

Party wise we have:

Kore the Tome Barb
Tammi the Conduit
Aethros the Curator
Victor the Hicks Dread Necro (But now he's a Monk 3/Something 2)
Thunder Ryu the Swashbuckler/Ninja
Jibberish the Drow Jester

So here's my deal. Everyone makes one post right now following my post, and puts their character sheet in it, Edit it when you level and stuff. But don't post again until all 6 of you have posted. Meanwhile I'll go start the In game Thread.

For simplicities sake, you guys all know each other and have come here together, and it's your job to figure out how that all works. But the next 6 posts should have no discussion, only character sheets.

EDIT: All 5s should be replaced with 6s, because I forgot that Hictor had to leave for busy reasons.

EDIT2: Link to your class if it's Community and not Tome.

Spoiler block any Community feats you have under the sheet.
Last edited by Kaelik on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

endersdouble
Journeyman

Post by endersdouble »

TAMMI
Male Aasimar Conduit Of The Lower Planes 5 (I Saw Mommy Kissing Mariliths, or, Rosemary Has Two Mommies)

Size/Type: Medium Outsider [Native, Human]
Hit Dice: 5d6+15 (35 HP)
Initiaitive: +2
Speed: 30'
Armor Class: 20 (10 + 5 armor + 2 Dex), 12 touch, 15 flatfooted
BAB: +3
Attacks:hells if I care. SLAs.
SA: Spell-like abilities (Spheres: Violation [basic], Death [basic], Dominion [basic]), Enhanced Sphere Access (2/day 1st power, 1/day 2nd power)
SQ: Darkvision, Immunity to Electricity, Telepathy, healed by negative energy, Immunity to Death Effects, Evasion
Saves: Fortitude +6, Reflex +8, Will +6
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 14, Con 14(16), Int 12, Wis 10, CHA 21(23)
Skills: Diplomacy +17, Concentration +11, Spellcraft +9
Feats: Lightning Reflexes, Persuasive, Wings of Evil
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Stuff:
  • 1. Magic Fedora (+CHA)
    2. Amulet of Health (+CON)
    3. Ring of Invisibility (5/day: CL 5 Invisibility Sphere)
    4. Mithral Chain Shirt of Resistance (+Saves)
    Flashy (but mostly black) clothing, jewelry, handcuffs, and various adventuring sundries.
Tammi (his mother(s) wanted a girl) is the offspring of a Marilith and a very devoted worshipper. Don't even ask me how that works. Like most teens, he got rebellious; unlike most, he was bright enough to realize that his parents ways were, in fact, best, so he didn't go for that rebellious-good-offspring-fighting-against-evil-ways bullshit. He's quite happy abusing his dark blood powers, he just enjoys pissing off mom & mom by doing it as far away from them as possible. He's spoiled rotten, but slick enough in conversation to, uh, get away with it. Mad, bad, and dangerous to know.
Last edited by endersdouble on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Flint Azzith
"The bigger they are, the more killing they need."

Lawful Evil Human Fighter 2/Monk 3 (Experimental Stock: +1 natural armor, -2 initiative)

Size/Type: Medium Humanoid (Baatezu, Extraplanar, Human)
HD: 2d10+3d8+10 (39 hp)
Initiative: -3
Speed: 30 ft. (60 ft. in Angry Gargoyle Movement)
Attack: Halberd +11 melee (1d10+6)
Full Attack: Halberd +11 melee (1d10+6) and slam +4 melee (1d8+2 bludgeoning)
AC: 22 (+3 Wis, +8 armor (+5 vs touch/incorporeal touch), +1 natural), touch 18, flat-footed 19
Special: weapons training, combat focus, armored in life +5, fighting styles, rain of flowers, abundant leap, evasion, immunity to fire and poison, resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and electricity 8, see in darkness, telepathy
Abilities: Str 16 (18), Dex 8, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 10
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +12, Will +9
Skills: Climb +8, Jump +19 (+31 with insight bonus to speed), Knowledge (the planes) +9, Move Silently +6, Ride +4, Sense Motive +11, Survival +8 (+10 on other planes), Tumble +3
Feats: Product of Infernal Dalliance (Baatezu), Blood War Squaddie, Lightning Reflexes, Giant Slayer(B)
Languages: Common, Infernal
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Proficiencies: Pretty much whatever, given a couple days
Equipment: Magic Halberd, Belt of Strength, Magic Bronze Dragonscale Shirt, Dragoon Boots (Jump bonus + Feather Fall)

Fighting Styles: Angry Gargoyle Movement - 30' insight to speed, +4 to AC
Hungry Dragon Touch - piercing damage and 2 points Con damage, applies to weapon

Deep in the Nine Hells, there are places where mad Baatezu researchers experiment upon the fiend-tainted offspring of the mortal races, seeking to form enhanced fodder for the endless Blood War. Flint was one of the more successful subjects, what with still being alive and sapient afterwards, and was trained to fight and die against the Tanar'ri siege beasts known as Goristro. Like many others, his platoon were wiped out in one of the many futile battles in the Gray Waste, but through sheer luck he managed to not only survive, but find a portal to the Prime Material. He'd managed to escape from the Blood War, at least for a time, and now could make his own way in the world.

The Baatezu experimentation left his flesh partially hardened into a carapace, tougher but slower to react, and his extreme assault training allowed him to excel at fighting things bigger than he was - so mercenary work and fighting huge monsters was pretty much the obvious thing to do. So far, his adventures have been performed solo, but sometimes you can't get things done on your own...

Flint's approach to life is much like his approach to fighting things: jump at it headlong, hold on for dear life, and stab repeatedly.
Last edited by Quantumboost on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

THUNDER RYU
Chaotic Neutral Tiefling Ninja 3/Swashbuckler 2 (Royalty of a Fallen Nation Black Sheep Noble)
Size/Type: Medium Outsider [Human][Native]
Hit Dice: 3d6+2d8+10 (32 HP)
Initiative: +6 (+5 Speed of Thought +1 Dex)
Saves: Fort 3 (1+2), Ref 7 (6+1), Will 3 (0+3)
Speed: 45'/Climb Speed 45'
AC: 21 (10 + 5 Armored In Life + 5 Armor + 1 Dex)
BAB: +5
Attacks:

Kusari-gama (DMG 145) +9 (1d6+2, 20/x2, Variable Reach)
Masterwork Bastard Sword Nodachi +10 (1d10+2, 19-20/x2, Einhander)

Abilities: Str 14, Dex 10(12), Con 14, Int 19(21), Wis 10, Cha 8(6)

Item Slots:
1: Magic Adamantium Kusari-gama @ +2
2: Magic Grey Armor @ +2
3: Magic Ring of Kage Bunshin no Jutsu Mirror Image 5/day
4: Magic Adamantium Bastard Sword @ +2
Rations, Tales of the Totally Sweet Ninja, bright red scarf.

Feats: Whirlwind, Two Weapon Fighting

Skills:
Balance 10 (9+1)
Bluff 7 (9-2)
Disable Device 14 (9+5)
Tumble 10 (9+1)
Jump 11 (9+2)
Spot 9 (9+0)
Hide 5 (4+1)
Move Silently 6 (5+1)
Know (Your Mum, in the Biblical Sense) 6
Escape Artist 9
Gather Information 6
Craft (Alchemy) 6

Class Features: Armored in Life, Surprise! (+2xCharacter level damage to flat footed), Too Fast by Half, Wall Jump, Ninja'd (Either act first in Surprise round or make a Surprise round), at-will Invisibility, Speed of Thought (Int to Initiative, damage and attack on flanked and flat-footed enemies.), Cowabunga!

Fencing (once a round, can make a parry attempt), Your Opponent is Me! (if hit=successful, opponent must hit or Full Defend, or count as flat footed + 3xClass Level bonus damage), Combat Climbing (Climb = Move speed, enemies take -4 penalty to hit when climbing), Tie-Up (if hit=successful, target makes (Attack Roll) Escape Artist check or is Entangled. If they fail by 10 or more, immobile instead).

Exotic Weapon Selections: Kusarigama, Bastard Sword (one handed), Harpoon (It's Cold Outside)

Backstory:
Thaddeus DeRoux is one of the many, many, many results of human/succubus inter-relations within the lonely and powerful Wizard contingent. Incredibly intelligent, but with all of the awkwardness of a weak-willed wizard with the unnerving wrongness of a Demon, Ryu was not accepted in polite society. The unnecessary mauling of "enemies of justice" didn't help matters much at all. Especially when "enemy of justice" could mean "that guy with the funny hat" or "the mean Aasimar girl who wouldn't play Hospitaler with him." Still, he was born into a very, very high-tier noble family and things like this are understood as par for the course. His parents will disavow any knowledge of his existence, but that doesn't really matter to a peasant in West Dungerton who knows of the DeRoux and not much else.

From a young age, he voraciously read stories of derring-do and epic adventure. To him, these were encapsulated in the dashing duelist and the totally sweet ninja. These two parties don't get along very well, as he soon learned, and there was much scoffing at his aim to combine the two. Once the name "Thad DeRoux" became blacklisted by ninja and pirate society, Thad donned a mask and the moniker Thunder Ryu. His strong-willed delusion and lack of qualms for killing earned him a spot as ninja trainee. His first mission, to infiltrate the hated pirate collective and reverse-engineer their secrets. Eager to fulfill his lifelong dream, Thunder Ryu rushes headlong into death for justice, adventure, and the pursuit of the inexplicably awesome.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

Izz't "Isis" Garl'gezmond (Yes, she's related to my previous character)
Neutral Good Drow (Polish) Jester 5
Size / Type: Medium Humanoid [Elf]
Hit Die: 5d6+5 (35 HP)
Initiative: +2
Saves: Fort; 1+2, Will; 1+2, Ref; 4+2
Speed: 30
AC: 12

Attacks:
Darts (1d4 piercing, x2, 50 ft)
Dagger, punching (1d4 piercing, x3)
Rapier (1d6 piercing, 18-20/x2)
Scimitar (1d6 slashing, 18-20/x2)

Abilities: Str 10 (0), Dex 14 (+2), Con 12 (+1), Int 12 (+1), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 16 (+3)

Items Slots:
1: Glove of Holding
2: Mask of Disguise Self

Feats: Two-Weapon Fighting, Combat Looting

Skills: Gather Info; 5 (+3), Bluff; 5 (+3), Diplomacy; 5 (+3), Balance; 5 (+2), Sense Motive; 5 (+2), Listen; 5 (+2), Move Silently; 5 (+2)

Class Features: Poison Use, Ignore Components, Harlequin's Mask (As long as she's masked, she ignores compulsion), Spell Casting, Laugh It Off (Add Charisma modifier to morale rolls), Powerslide (Make Balance check to halve damage), Sneak Attack, Jester's Feint (Throw random things opponent to deny Dex bonus), Cruel Comment (Say mean things to gives penalty)

History:
This is the story of how the Drowish Mafia almost fell from an internal rebellion. The ruling family at the time was the Garl'gezmond, the godmother was Heraxi. She had five children at the time; Hexln, Ozris, Izz't, Baldraxe and Sezz't, from oldest down. Izz't was the last pure drow sibling. After she nearly got bitten by a wererat, godmother contemplated how a wererat would have bolstered her ranks and then how great deal many templated would do the same. Baldraxe was a quarter human and Sezz't half tiefling. The two were closest; Baldraxe sheltered Sezz't and the girl fostered a naively innocent personality. Ozris didn't miss all this and convinced his sisters to take advantage of this. Manipulate the half-breeds to their own ends, as it were.
Izz't took the most joy from this; instigating herself amongst the two. At the time, she didn't know the two were finding religion; Baldraxe to some violent god of retribution and Sezz't to Pelor. Through them, Izz't found the laughing god. Suddenly, all her worries were naught to the great joke of the universe. Then Berak was born; half-human. Baldraxe realized he had only a future as his mother's breeded weapon and spoke of rebellion. Izz't found the idea deliriously hilarious and convinced Ozris and Hexln of the idea.
Minus Sezz't and baby Berak, the siblings assasinated their mother and Hexln took up the mantle of godmother. Then Hexln betrayed them, forcing her three co-conspirators into hiding. Ozris stole away with Berak and Baldraxe with Sezz't but Izz't walked alone. She stole a magic mask the would let her look like a high elf and took the name 'Isis,' thinking that just enough that her dear sister STILL might find her. And she laughed.
In the intervening years, she lost contact with Baldraxe and Ozris, now calling themselves Baldur and Osiris. When they saw her again, she was no longer the amoral if empathetic (Chaotic Neutral) girl they knew. She had grown in body and insanity. The whole word was joy now and she sought to make others share in her joy (Neutral Good).
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Aetheros
Neutral Aasimar Curator 5
Strength: 9 (-1)
Dexterity: 12 (+1)
Constitution: 12 (+1)
Intelligence: 12 (+1)
Wisdom: 16 (+3)
Charisma: 22 (+6) (increased by 1 at level 4, +2 from amulet)

HP: 5d8+5 (28)
AC: 26 (10 + 8 Armor + 5 Shield + 1 Dex +2 Cover (from shield's second power))
Touch AC: Either 13 or 11
Incorporeal Touch AC: either 18 or 16
Flat-footed AC: 25
Fortitude: +5 (4 + 1) (+8 on saves against mind-affecting effects)
Reflex: +2 (1 + 1) (+5 on saves against mind-affecting effects)
Will: +7 (4 + 3) (+10 on saves against mind-affecting effects)
Initiative: +2 (+2 Dex)

Attacks:
Luminous Bolt
+6 Ranged Touch Attack (Short Range)
3d6 Light Damage (6d6 for undead) + DC 18 Save or be Dazzled

Skills:
Diplomacy (Cha): +10 (4 Ranks + 6 CHA )
Heal (Wis): +11 (8 Ranks + 3 WIS )
Knowledge (Planes) (Int): +3 (2 Ranks +1 INT)
Knowledge (Religion) (Int): +2 (1 Ranks +1 INT)
Knowledge (Arcana) (Int): +2 (1 Ranks +1 INT)
Knowledge (Nature) (Int): +2 (1 Ranks +1 INT)
Profession: 1 rank (Goldsmith)
Sense Motive (Wis):+11 (8 Ranks + 3 WIS )
Spellcraft (Int): +2 (5 Ranks +1 INT)
Spot (Wis): +13 (8 Ranks +3 WIS +2 Race)
Tumble (Dex): +5 (4 Ranks +1 DEX)
Use Magic Device (Cha): +7 (1 Ranks +6 CHA)
Feats
[at level 1] Zen Archery
[at level 3] Curative Acolyte (description in sblock)
Someone has to carry the first-aid kit. Not you.

Benefit: You gain Spellcraft as a Class Skill if it wasn't already, and you can use Cure Minor Wounds as an at-will SLA that takes an attack action. The rest of the benefits depend on your ranks in Spellcraft.

4: you can also cast Cure Light Wounds, Delay Poison, and Purify Food and Drink once per hour each.

9: you can also cast Lesser Restoration, Remove Blindness/Deafness, and Remove Paralysis once per hour each. The previous tier of SLAs can now be used 3 times per hour. Cure Light Wounds upgrades to Cure Moderate Wounds

14: you can also cast Raise Dead, Restoration, and Remove Curse once per hour each. The previous tier of SLAs can now be used 3 times per hour. Cure Moderate Wounds upgrades to Cure Critical Wounds.

19: you can also cast Mass Cure Critical Wounds, Resurrection, and Greater Restoration 3 times per hour each. The previous tier of SLAs can now be used 3 times per hour. Cure Critical Wounds upgrades to Heal

Special: The damage/healing dice/mods for the SLAs granted by this feat are uncapped (For example, Cure Light Wounds is not capped at +5 to the hit points healed). All save DCs for the abilities granted by this feat are (DC 10 + highest mental ability modifier + 1/2 your level). All save DCs for the abilities granted by this feat are (DC 10 + highest mental ability modifier + 1/2 your level). Your caster level is equal to your character level.
[at level 6] Wings of Good OR Wings of Evil (Energy Wings)

Magic Item Slots and noteworthy mundane gear:
Magic Mithril Suit (No skill penalty)

Magic Force Shield (generated by a bracelet) (Provides shield bonus to AC against Incorporeal, +2 cover AC)

Amulet of Charisma (+2 at level 5)

Bag of Holding

x1 Masterwork Goldsmith's Tools + some gold to work with
x4 Daggers
x2 Noble's Outfit
x1 Ridiculous Adventuring Outfit (as seen in character portrait, worn over armor, includes armor padding)|
x100 pounds of assorted adventurer's gear (poles, chalk, iron flasks, chains, pulleys, tools, etc.)
x30 days rations

300 GP of assorted coins
Class Features:

Luminous Bolt (Su): As an attack action, a Curator may fire a bolt of light at her foes. This has a range of Close (25 feet +5 ft./2 levels), does 1d6 light damage per two levels of Curator (rounded up), and requires a ranged touch attack to hit. Any creature damaged by this attack must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + CHA + 1/2 your level) or be dazzled for one round. Undead and creatures specifically vulnerable to light take double damage, and incorporeal undead targeted by this effect have no miss chance due to incorporeality.

Benedictions (Su): At levels 1, 3, 5, and 7, a Curator learns a Benediction. Each Benediction requires an immediate action to activate, may target any creature the Curator can see within Close range (including herself), and is usable at will. The effects of a Benediction end at the start of the Curator's next turn, and the affected creature is surrounded by a faint glow while its effects persist.

Azure Aegis
• The target of your Benediction receives an amount of temporary HP equal to your ranks in the Heal skill.
• The target of your Benediction receives a +2 morale bonus to AC.

Blessing of the Crimson Sun
• The target of your Benediction receives a +2 morale bonus to all saves.
• The target of your Benediction is cured of one of the following status effects: dazzled, shaken, sickened, or magical fatigue (your choice at time of use).

Goldeneye
• The target of your Benediction gains a +5 insight bonus to Listen and Spot checks, and to resist enemy feints.
• The target of your Benediction gains blindsense out to 15'.

Spheres: At 2nd level, and every 4 levels thereafter, the Curator gains basic access to a Sphere, which must be one of: Exorcism, Mystery, Piety, Restraint, Revelation, Splendor, or Vigor (see below). If she selects a Sphere in which she already has basic access, she gains advanced access; if she already has advanced accesss, she gains expert access.

Basic Access: Restraint Sphere
Special: You gain a +3 bonus on saves against mind-affecting effects.
Level, Benefits
1 Entangle
3 Web
5 Stinking Cloud
7 Black Tentacles
9 Wall of Stone
11 Repulsion
13 Forcecage
15 Prismatic Wall
17 Temporal Stasis
19 Imprisonment

Heal Injuries (Sp): With a one minute ritual, a Curator of 4th level can heal a number of characters equal to her class level of a number of hit points of damage equal to her ranks in the Heal skill. This action may be taken a number of times per day equal to 3 + the Curator’s Charisma Modifier (if any), and all affected characters must be within close range of the Curator for the entire period.
------------
Background
There are many beings and organizations throughout the planes that are willing to offer power at a price. One of these is a cult of magic-users based in Outland and a city in the Astral Plane who revere an entity that dwells in a tower of dark crystal. Initiates must pledge to strive to make the world a better, more beautiful place according to its standards. Perhaps unfortunately, it likes cruel irony, practical jokes, and horrifying hellscapes just as much as art galleries, and pretty landscapes. Aetheros was a middle-aged goldsmith and casual scholar before learning considerably more about the nature of the multiverse than he liked in a planar library. The cult seemed to offer the best deal for power and a shot at immortality he could afford.

Greatly changed first by an infusion of raw magical power and then by several years of training in light magic, few from his old life would recognize Aetheros now. Though generally a friendly and helpful person when it wouldn't cost him too dearly, he is bound by his oath to the master of the crystal tower and also feels a quiet fury at many aspects of the world, which causes him to take a great deal of satisfaction from violence. Aetheros came to this particular Material Plane in the hopes of finding a place he could start developing his skills and reputation on his own without worrying too much about offending a major planar entity. Once he's attained a decent amount of personal power, he intends to create a temple to his master somewhere on the plane.
EDIT:

Curator:
http://www.tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=49091
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

It looks like this game has ground to a halt. Are we waiting on anyone in particular?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Yes, you, GoA, and either endersdouble or quantumboost posting on behalf of endersdouble.

God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

Wait, I'm holding up the group?

I CAST RAGE

Kidding, I understood what you meant. I'll wait for someone else to volunteer before throwing my lot in.
Last edited by God_of_Awesome on Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Very well. In the future, if I fail to act in a timely manner, consider my PC to be on the following AI script each turn:
1: If it wouldn't cause trouble for allies, throw down a battlefield control SLA. If not, goto 2. Otherwise, goto 3.
2: Shoot enemy. Prioritize near over far, powerful over not. Goto 3.
3: Ready benediction to shield an ally from attack when they look threatened. Goto 4.
4: If viable, move to cover
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

Should the rest of us write an AI script?

Roll a d4 for the following options:
1. Buff an ally
2. Debuff an enemy
3. Attack an enemy with a melee attack
4. Attack an enemy with a ranged attack

Re-roll if option is inappropiate. Take cover and flank as appropiate.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

No you shouldn't write an AI script. This is not Guardians. Just declare actions.

Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

This game has not updated for a while. I think I'm withdrawing from playing, so I can consolidate my list of threads to check into something smaller.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:This game has not updated for a while. I think I'm withdrawing from playing, so I can consolidate my list of threads to check into something smaller.
That's fine, the game is basically dead, but it's dead because four people refuse to post their character actions, and you are one of those four.

All you have to do to update the thread is post you fucking actions.

Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Really? Then, in accordance with the tactics laid out previously, I move and shoot. Possibly heal. If that is insufficient, I will further clarify that I move away from enemies if possible. Aetheros was built to be very simple tactically, since I expected that would speed combat resolution.

EDIT:

Now wishing I had just posted "I move and shoot!"
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:Really? Then, in accordance with the tactics laid out previously, I move and shoot. Possibly heal. If that is insufficient, I will further clarify that I move away from enemies if possible. Aetheros was built to be very simple tactically, since I expected that would speed combat resolution.

EDIT:

Now wishing I had just posted "I move and shoot!"
Who you target does matter.