The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Tome Red Hand of Doom.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Tome Red Hand of Doom. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Put stuff here. Start by making level 5 characters. Link to any stuff not directly in the Tomes that you want if you can.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
imperialspectre
1st Level

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's being done for ability generation?
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'm gonna make my drowish barbarian / champion mix if I may. Unfortunatley, my ability to make a character is SUB-PAR.

EDIT: And I mean statting one. I otherwise create awesome characters.

Last edited by God_of_Awesome on Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
endersdouble
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How many players are you taking? Once you answer imperialspectre, I'll make something--probably a caster, but quite possibly a Sphere-based one. Would you be OK with a True Fiend or Conduit? Sick
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

+1 on the ability scores question. I'll go with an Elemental Weird, I think, or possibly a Dread Necro if that fits better.
koz
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll be playing one of the following, based on other choices: my Nightmare Seeker, my Psion or my Speaker, as soon as Kaelik tells us how stats will be generated.

EDIT:
God_of_Awesome wrote:
Well, I'm gonna make my drowish barbarian / champion mix if I may. Unfortunatley, my ability to make a character is SUB-PAR.

EDIT: And I mean statting one. I otherwise create awesome characters.

GoA, we're all nice folks here. I'm sure that we'd be more than willing to help you out with generation. Heck, I'm positive I'll be more than willing to help you out with character generation!

Last edited by koz on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, we made a Tome Barbarian and a Tome Drow. Gonna use that. The one thing I'm stuck on is, other then bonus feat, what is the general feat progression of any character? A feat per level or... what?
koz
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

God_of_Awesome wrote:
Well, we made a Tome Barbarian and a Tome Drow. Gonna use that. The one thing I'm stuck on is, other then bonus feat, what is the general feat progression of any character? A feat per level or... what?

Core 3.5 states that you get 1 feat at 1st level, 1 at 3rd, another at 6th, another at 9th, and so on. This has not been changed. Thus, as a 5th level non-human, you get 2.

Mask_De_H
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

+1 on what we do about ability scores as well. I'll probably go D-con Monk or Koumei's Swashbuckler/Ninja
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool.

Another thing, before Tome, this character used the Dragon Totem variant of Barbarian. It fit with his character that he was this willfull, crazy and especially scary son of a bitch. I'm using Tome Barbarian but any suggestions in editing in some Dragon Totem like abilities.

Quote:
•A 1st-level dragon-totem barbarian gains Blind-Fight as a bonus feat.
•At 2nd level, a dragon-totem barbarian gains a +2 bonus on saves against paralysis and sleep effects.
•At 5th level, a dragon-totem barbarian gains the frightful presence ability. The save DC is equal to 10 + 1/2 barbarian level + barbarian's Cha modifier.

Also, their was Tome Drow, anyone know where that is?

Other then that; here goes:

Baldraxe Garl'gezmond
Male Drow CG
Barbarian 2 / Champion 3

Feat and Abbilities:
•[Tome] Champion 3
Deity's Weapon (Combat School: Great Axe)
Detect Thoughts
Unyielding Thoughts
Divine Form
Domains Spells (CL 1, Fire and Death)
Granted Powers (Fire and Death)
Lay On Hand
Divine Grace
Divine Health
Aura of Divinity
•[Tome] Barbarian 2
Rage
Combat Movement (+5)
Rage Dice (1d6)
•[Tome] Drow
???
•ECL 5
[Tome] Two-Weapon Fighting
[Tome] Combat School (Katana)

And that's it so far. Any [Tome] Feats particularly suited to cutting off heads?

Last edited by God_of_Awesome on Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:59 am; edited 3 times in total
FrankTrollman
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Races of War Drow is in Races of War.

koz
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GoA - the Blind-Fight thing is an actual [Combat] feat you can take. As for Frightful Presence, I think it was made into a Fiend feat if I remember right.

As far as head-slicing goes, have you considered Insightful Strike, Blitz or Whirlwind?

Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Iaimeki also wrote a couple of Intimidate [Skill] feats here which could increase your scaritude.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kaelik wrote:
Anyone up for a Tome Red Hand Run on the Gaming Den?

Tome classes subbing for shitty NPCs too.

Probably use some of the upgrade options, like Black to Juvenile, ect.

Say yea?

If it's a forum game, I'd love to. I don't have all that much familiarity with Instant Messaging software, but I might be willing to try it depending on the times. I can post at least once a day most days and will let the group know in advance if I can't post during a given time period.

I'd like to try a Curator, since that class has interested me for a while. I think I had a sheet on Mythweavers for a game that never ran, and I will see if I can modify that into something for this game and link it here.

I have not read RHoD, but I vaguely remember people talking about and reviewing it. I know you oppose incorporeal undead, some lich guy who can be reasoned with, dragons, and a goblinoid army.

EDIT: Myth-Weavers is down, so I'll just produce a new character from scratch. Curator is here: http://www.tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=49091

However, I'm going to look at the latest Tome pdf and see if anything jumps out at me first. Going to be spending about an hour and a half going home on public transit before too long, so I might as well capitalize upon the opportunity to come up with a new character concept.

Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) 32 PB, average HP.

2) Link to Champion:

a) Of course Sphere based casting is fine. Did you not see my post in the thread that started this?
b) Weird seems good, might have some spot problems with race/feat/sphere, but probably not, and will only bother if the ones you choose have a complaint. Little bit object to the wording of Expert Spheres + save DCs.

Heighten spell should be mandatory no matter how you build, and you shouldn't feel punished by taking it at level 1, but then having it not work on your Expert Spheres and wishing you had taken something else.

Power now v Power Later is not a Tome choice!
c)All three options look okayish. Except: 1) I will feel free to arbitrarily nerf/disallow any feat or "power" or "utterance" at any time. I'm not going to read through all that for balance.

2) You have to set a feat on fire to play any of those classes. I don't like that you basically just took the Fiendish Conduit and made it better by giving each one heighten SLA for free.
koz
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First off, thanks for the stat generation stuff.

Secondly, Frank has pointed out, twice, that non-auto-scaling DCs were a system flaw, and thus, instead of making me burn a feat on Heighten SLA, why not just make the Conduit work the same way I do?

Lastly, if I make a firm decision on what I'm playing, will you at least be able to tell me if the choices I have are acceptable prior to character approval? I dislike mid-game nerfs.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mister_Sinister wrote:
Lastly, if I make a firm decision on what I'm playing, will you at least be able to tell me if the choices I have are acceptable prior to character approval? I dislike mid-game nerfs.

Generally speaking, yes. I'm not a big psionics person, so lots of that stuff is confusing to me, and I won't see it's crazy uses off the top of my head.
cthulhu
Duke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lock me in.. not sure what to play, we have heaps of brusiers and front lines and no rogues or a straight up mage or druid abuse machine, but the point is to play tome classes so lets blow off mages or druids.

So I might play a monk. Or a conduit monk.
ubernoob
Duke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kaelik wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:

Generally speaking, yes. I'm not a big psionics person, so lots of that stuff is confusing to me, and I won't see it's crazy uses off the top of my head.
Last I checked there weren't any references to actual printed psionics in any of those classes.
Midnight_v
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hobgoblin
Monk 1/Samurai 4
Weapon finesse
Point Blank shot.
Fighting Stlye: Blurred Mongoose Stlye. +4 Ac/+30ft movement
(though I have some questions about how the Ancestral weapon works in light of the book of gears changes to magic weapons)
Or....
Aasimar
Firemage 5
w/Mortal bane BoVd.
Elusive target.

Simple... to the point.

Quote:
Dear Midnight, you have actually made me sad. I took a day off of posting yesterday because of actual sadness you made me feel in my heart for you.
...If only you'd have stopped forever...
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ubernoob wrote:
Kaelik wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:

Last I checked there weren't any references to actual printed psionics in any of those classes.

Powers.

I saw a whole bunch of powers in that list.
Hicks
Duke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As before, I am soooooooooooooo in. Character to follow.

shadzar wrote:
those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.

Lokathor wrote:
Commander: Ah! Adventurers! Perfect.
Tibellus: You can tell by the lobster on my head.

Stuff I've Made
ubernoob
Duke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kaelik wrote:
ubernoob wrote:
Kaelik wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:

Powers.

I saw a whole bunch of powers in that list.
Scroll down. You'll see that those are patently not psionic powers.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, my Champion class is bad?
Hicks
Duke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KORE
"MY RAGE IS HUGE!"

Male Human Barbarian 5 (Raised by Hydras)
Size/Type: Large Humanoid [Human]
Hit Dice: 5d12+10 (48 HP)
Initiaitive: +2
Speed: 30'
Armor Class: 23 (7 Armor + 5 Shield + 2 Dex - 1 Size)
BAB: +5
Attacks:
    Battleaxe +13 (2d6+7, 20/x3)
    Armor Spikes +13 (1d8+7, 20/x2)
    Shield +13 (1d8+8, 20/x2)
Space/Reach: 10'/10', 10'
SA: Rage (-2 AC, +2 morale Atk/Dam/Saves, DR 4/-, +3d6 Rage Dice, Combat Movement +15', Battle Hardened, Sidestep Hazzards)
SQ: Fast Healing 5, DR 5/Adamantine, +4 Bullrush, +2 Disarm
Saves: Fortitude +6, Reflex +3, Willpower +1
Abilities: STR 20*, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 8
Skills: Intimidate +7, Hide +4, Listen +8, Move Silently +8, Spot +8
Feats: Two Weapon Fighting, Combat School**, Blitz
Alignment: Neutral Good
Stuff:
    1. Magic Adamantine Battleaxe
    2. Magic Adamantine Shield (+2 Bullrush, +2 Disarm)
    3. Magic Masterwork Adamantine Breastplate with Magic Adamantine Armor Spikes (ACP -5, ASP -2, Dex +3; DR 5/ Adamantine, +2 Bullrush)
    4. Giant Belt of Strength: When worn it provides an enhancement bonus to Strength and increases the wearer's and any of their held possession's natural size category by 1 (i.e. -1 AC/Attack, +4 Grapple, -4 Hide, Increases Reach, no mods top STR, DEX, or CON) as long as they wear this belt.
    Backpack with bedroll, trail rations, rope, pitons, and other crap i may or may not need to keep track of.
*266 lb light, 533 lb medium, and 800 lb heavy load
**10 headed strike style (Axe, Shield, and Spikes)

KORE's philosophy is simple, yet brilliant! It goes like this:

And sometimes like this:

Edited to have only 4 magic items
Edited to replace Belt of Magnificence with Giant Belt of Strength

Hey, God of Awesome, you need 5 levels of Barbarian before you can take the Fast Healing when you multiclass.

shadzar wrote:
those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.

Lokathor wrote:
Commander: Ah! Adventurers! Perfect.
Tibellus: You can tell by the lobster on my head.

Stuff I've Made

Last edited by Hicks on Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:17 pm; edited 6 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: