Tome Red Hand of Doom.

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Jester's Weapon and Armor Proficiency wrote:Jesters are proficient with light armor but not with shields of any kind. A Jester is proficient with no weapons, but suffers no attack penalty for using a weapon with which they are not proficient or which is made for a character of a different size than themselves. Even, perhaps especially, improvised weapons may be used without the usual -4 penalty.
Go nuts.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

C-can they be on fire?
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Some other Jester ability wrote:Poison Use
And poisoned. So it's kinda like poison fire.
Last edited by Hicks on Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Stuff I've Made
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

According to PCGen, colossal Spiked Gauntlets deal 3d6 base. With the bonuses from the feat, that should turn into 4d6+2.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Hells bells, with that feat both your colossal poison fire spiked gauntlets aren't even actual magic weapons, so you still get to have 4 magical goodies you care about.
Last edited by Hicks on Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Kid Radd
Stuff I've Made
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Hmm. Could he get a two-for one deal on augment crystals? That could add another adjective pretty easily.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Oh my god Jester. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

THUNDER RYU
Chaotic Neutral Tiefling Ninja 3/Swashbuckler 2 (Royalty of a Fallen Nation Black Sheep Noble)
Size/Type: Medium Outsider [Human][Native]
Hit Dice: 3d6+2d8+10 (32 HP)
Initiative: +6 (+5 Speed of Thought +1 Dex)
Saves: Fort 3 (1+2), Ref 7 (6+1), Will 3 (0+3)
Speed: 45'/Climb Speed 45'
AC: 21 (10 + 5 Armored In Life + 5 Armor + 1 Dex)
BAB: +5
Attacks:

Kusari-gama (DMG 145) +9 (1d6+2, 20/x2, Variable Reach)
Masterwork Bastard Sword Nodachi +10 (1d10+2, 19-20/x2, Einhander)

Abilities: Str 14, Dex 10(12), Con 14, Int 19(21), Wis 10, Cha 8(6)

Item Slots:
1: Magic Adamantium Kusari-gama @ +2
2: Magic Grey Armor @ +2
3: Magic Ring of Kage Bunshin no Jutsu Mirror Image 5/day
4: Magic Adamantium Bastard Sword @ +2
Rations, Tales of the Totally Sweet Ninja, bright red scarf.

Feats: Whirlwind, Two Weapon Fighting

Skills:
Balance 10 (9+1)
Bluff 7 (9-2)
Disable Device 14 (9+5)
Tumble 10 (9+1)
Jump 11 (9+2)
Spot 9 (9+0)
Hide 5 (4+1)
Move Silently 6 (5+1)
Know (Your Mum, in the Biblical Sense) 6
Escape Artist 9
Gather Information 6
Craft (Alchemy) 6

Class Features: Armored in Life, Surprise! (+2xCharacter level damage to flat footed), Too Fast by Half, Wall Jump, Ninja'd (Either act first in Surprise round or make a Surprise round), at-will Invisibility, Speed of Thought (Int to Initiative, damage and attack on flanked and flat-footed enemies.), Cowabunga!

Fencing (once a round, can make a parry attempt), Your Opponent is Me! (if hit=successful, opponent must hit or Full Defend, or count as flat footed + 3xClass Level bonus damage), Combat Climbing (Climb = Move speed, enemies take -4 penalty to hit when climbing), Tie-Up (if hit=successful, target makes (Attack Roll) Escape Artist check or is Entangled. If they fail by 10 or more, immobile instead).

Exotic Weapon Selections: Kusarigama, Bastard Sword (one handed), Harpoon (It's Cold Outside)

Backstory:
Thaddeus DeRoux is one of the many, many, many results of human/succubus inter-relations within the lonely and powerful Wizard contingent. Incredibly intelligent, but with all of the awkwardness of a weak-willed wizard with the unnerving wrongness of a Demon, Ryu was not accepted in polite society. The unnecessary mauling of "enemies of justice" didn't help matters much at all. Especially when "enemy of justice" could mean "that guy with the funny hat" or "the mean Aasimar girl who wouldn't play Hospitaler with him." Still, he was born into a very, very high-tier noble family and things like this are understood as par for the course. His parents will disavow any knowledge of his existence, but that doesn't really matter to a peasant in West Dungerton who knows of the DeRoux and not much else.

From a young age, he voraciously read stories of derring-do and epic adventure. To him, these were encapsulated in the dashing duelist and the totally sweet ninja. These two parties don't get along very well, as he soon learned, and there was much scoffing at his aim to combine the two. Once the name "Thad DeRoux" became blacklisted by ninja and pirate society, Thad donned a mask and the moniker Thunder Ryu. His strong-willed delusion and lack of qualms for killing earned him a spot as ninja trainee. His first mission, to infiltrate the hated pirate collective and reverse-engineer their secrets. Eager to fulfill his lifelong dream, Thunder Ryu rushes headlong into death for justice, adventure, and the pursuit of the inexplicably awesome.
Last edited by Mask_De_H on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
endersdouble
Journeyman

Post by endersdouble »

We really do like the bad touch in this party.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

Okay, Dungeon Monk / Jester combo with HUGE GUANTLETS and FALCON PUUUUUUUUUU-

I'll get right on that.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

endersdouble wrote:We really do like the bad touch in this party.
You and be baby ain't nothin' but PCs so let's do it like they do on the plane of Carceri.

*gettin' horny now*
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

Reading the Jester class, I've become convinced that this is all I want to play.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Quantomboost, I gotta be honest with you. Your Dread Necro makes me sad. Not that it is bad or anything... it's just that you should know that you have other options*.

*This shameless plug has been brought to you by iGarados! IMAGICORP EVOLVED!
Last edited by Hicks on Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kid Radd
Stuff I've Made
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

I considered it, but the lack of armor proficiencies and smaller spell list threw me.

...although now that I think about it, I could free up a slot for an Attune Sphere/Attune Domain with Desecrate... and have vampire minions... and periodically rant about the War of the Ice Walkers...

Gah, I'm too easy to convince. >_<
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

If there is still any room I'd be interested in playing a Knight/Fiendish Brute. I can have a sheet up in the next few days. I have a few questions about things for the character, but those can wait for a more concrete build.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

Alright, what exactly does Poor and Good save add up to in a class, yeah? I guess I've never learned the basic of character creation when I use a generator to do my dirty work.

Izz't "Isis" Garl'gezmond (Yes, she's related to my previous character)
Neutral Good Drow Jester 5
Size / Type: Medium Humanoid [Elf]
Hit Die: 5d6+5 (35 HP)
Initiative: +2
Saves: Fort; 1+2, Will; 1+2, Ref; 4+2
Speed: 30
AC: 12
BAB: +3

Attacks:
Darts (1d4 piercing, x2, 50 ft)
Dagger, punching (1d4 piercing, x3)
Rapier (1d6 piercing, 18-20/x2)
Scimitar (1d6 slashing, 18-20/x2)

Abilities: Str 10 (0), Dex 14 (+2), Con 12 (+1), Int 12 (+1), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 16 (+3)

Items Slots:
1: Glove of Holding
2: Mask of Disguise Self

Feats: Two-Weapon Fighting, Combat Looting

Skills: Gather Info; 5 (+3), Bluff; 5 (+3), Diplomacy; 5 (+3), Balance; 5 (+2), Sense Motive; 5 (+2), Listen; 5 (+2), Move Silently; 5 (+2)

Class Features: Poison Use, Ignore Components, Harlequin's Mask (As long as she's masked, she ignores compulsion), Spell Casting, Laugh It Off (Add Charisma modifier to morale rolls), Powerslide (Make Balance check to halve damage), Sneak Attack, Jester's Feint (Throw random things opponent to deny Dex bonus), Cruel Comment (Say mean things to gives penalty)

History:
This is the story of how the Drowish Mafia almost fell from an internal rebellion. The ruling family at the time was the Garl'gezmond, the godmother was Heraxi. She had five children at the time; Hexln, Ozris, Izz't, Baldraxe and Sezz't, from oldest down. Izz't was the last pure drow sibling. After she nearly got bitten by a wererat, godmother contemplated how a wererat would have bolstered her ranks and then how great deal many templated would do the same. Baldraxe was a quarter human and Sezz't half tiefling. The two were closest; Baldraxe sheltered Sezz't and the girl fostered a naively innocent personality. Ozris didn't miss all this and convinced his sisters to take advantage of this. Manipulate the half-breeds to their own ends, as it were.
Izz't took the most joy from this; instigating herself amongst the two. At the time, she didn't know the two were finding religion; Baldraxe to some violent god of retribution and Sezz't to Pelor. Through them, Izz't found the laughing god. Suddenly, all her worries were naught to the great joke of the universe. Then Berak was born; half-human. Baldraxe realized he had only a future as his mother's breeded weapon and spoke of rebellion. Izz't found the idea deliriously hilarious and convinced Ozris and Hexln of the idea.
Minus Sezz't and baby Berak, the siblings assasinated their mother and Hexln took up the mantle of godmother. Then Hexln betrayed them, forcing her three co-conspirators into hiding. Ozris stole away with Berak and Baldraxe with Sezz't but Izz't walked alone. She stole a magic mask the would let her look like a high elf and took the name 'Isis,' thinking that just enough that her dear sister STILL might find her. And she laughed.
In the intervening years, she lost contact with Baldraxe and Ozris, now calling themselves Baldur and Osiris. When they saw her again, she was no longer the amoral if empathetic (Chaotic Neutral) girl they knew. She had grown in body and insanity. The whole word was joy now and she sought to make others share in her joy (Neutral Good).
Last edited by God_of_Awesome on Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:14 am, edited 9 times in total.
endersdouble
Journeyman

Post by endersdouble »

God_of_Awesome wrote: 3: Vorpal Scimitar
Say what?
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Time to do science to it.
God_of_Awesome wrote:Alright, what exactly does Poor and Good save add up to in a class, yeah? I guess I've never learned the basic of character creation when I use a generator to do my dirty work.
Basically:

Good - 1/2 class level + 2
Poor - 1/3 class level

Both round down.
BAB: 3/4 (?)
That means you get BAB in this pattern: 0,1,1,1. So at 5th, you'd have: 0+1+1+1+0 = +3 BAB.
1: Cloak of Neverending Shuriken (Exactly as it sound, a cloak from which shurikens are produced at an unceasing rate. Also comes in black)
2: Bag of Holding Woodland Animals (Whenever an item is pulled from this bag, roll a d10 to see which Small woodland animal it is. Or if its a badger. (Chaos-tainted varieties gives you giant frogs))
3: Vorpal Scimitar
4: Mask of Many Faces (I can't remember the actual name of the item but it's basicly a mask with an alter self spell on it, right?)
(Too much? I'm not even very clear on what vorpal is except it cuts very well. As for others, I'm not entirely sure either)
Hat of Disguise is an item which has at-will disguise self, that may be what you're thinking of.

Vorpal is a major weapon property, I don't think we're allowed to get those at this point (for good reason, they're very powerful). It turns a natural 20 into a decapitation (most people like their head so much they die without it). A magic scimitar would be more appropriate in terms of power (basically, +2 to hit/damage at this point).

The other items don't sound particularly overpowering given our starting level IMO. Maybe a little below, the Gray Bag of Tricks (equivalent to your bag roughly) is like 900 gp.

Also, our alignment distribution is awesome.

Edit: Oh, I updated my character build to use Hicks's DN. I'm pleased with the results. ^_^
Last edited by Quantumboost on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

:ecstatic: Jubilations! :ecstatic:

I woulod have run my Dread Necro, but I was kind of leary going all "minion master" over the internet.

God of Awesome, although shuriken are now decent (i.e. they now don't explode on contact with soft targets like children) you might want to also consider Acid Flasks and Alchemist Fire, as those do energe damage and bypass DR, also be slathered in contact poison, let your Sneak Attack dice deal energy damage, and are resolved as touch attacks[/i], muy importante! Acid costs 10gp/flask, and Alchemist fire 20gp; you might want to carry around 50 or more of the suckers.

You might want to replace Weapon Finesse with Point Blank Shot, as you are super squishy and melee is the last place you wanna be. +3 attack and +BAB to damage really dosen't suck when your primary attack will be shuriken. You need to pick out an armor out of the Races of War; it helps if you've downloaded the PDF and use it to create "Tome" characters.

Also, you got spells, don't forget!

Edit: Holy shit do shuriken get the bad touch. 1d2 damage with a 10' increment as an exotic weapon? Even upped to colossal size, it's a piddly 1d8! Freaking Darts do a d4 (colossal 3d6) @ 20', and that's a simple weapon!. In comparison...
  • Shuriken: 1d2 (1d8), 20/x2 w/ 10' increment
    Darts: 1d4 (3d6), 20/x2 w/ 20' increment
    Daggers: 1d4 (3d6), 19-20/x2 w/ 10' increment
    Short Spear: 1d6 (4d6), 20/x2 w/ 20' increment
    Acid Flask: 1d6 (4d6), 20/x2 w/ 10' increment Touch Attack
    Javelen: 1d6 (4d6), 20/x2 w/ 30' increment
    Trident: 1d8 (6d6), 20/x2 w/ 10' increment
    Alchemist Fire: 2d6 (8d6), 20/x2 w/ 10' increment Touch Attack

Are you shure Shuriken is the way you wanna go?
Last edited by Hicks on Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Kid Radd
Stuff I've Made
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

I dunno how the Tome books classify it, but Vorpal is so weaksauce I would let level 5 characters have it, and not even blink. After all, it's a max chance of around 1:21, which means even casters who have their spells saved on on a 2 make you cry (unless you have multiple attacks, but they still have better than 5% accuracy on their instant kills).
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:Clearly, your cock is part of the big barrel the server's busy sucking on.
Can someone tell it to stop using its teeth please?
Juton wrote:Damn, I thought [Pathfailure] accidentally created a feat worth taking, my mistake.
Koumei wrote:Shad, please just punch yourself in the face until you are too dizzy to type. I would greatly appreciate that.
Kaelik wrote:No, bad liar. Stop lying.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type I - doing exactly the opposite of what they said they would do.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type II - change for the sake of change.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type III - the illusion of change.
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

Vorpal: 1/round per enemy struck, On strike Fort Save (10+1/2hd+your CHA modifier) or Die. Hard-Core.
-Kid Radd
Stuff I've Made
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

Shurikens are weak sauce? How bout throwing knives? I was gonna go with that until V for Vendetta kept popping in my head.

The Bag of Holding Woodland Animals (With the chance of pulling out an angry badger) is supposed to be for the Jester's Feint class feature. I figured a random mouse would be just as distracting as a colorful ball. No?

Okay, the verdict on vorpal is apparently still wavering so I'll just let that play out.

The Mask of Many Faces is my best estimation for the item worn by Drizz't in one of his books. Since I own alot of Drizz't books due to my hard on for drow, I can't remember which.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Okay, First things first:

1) If we get 7-8 people, I am willing to run two games. So don't let too many people discourage you.

2) As far as mundane items. Get what you want within reason. If you fight with Flasks, maybe you have a few hundred of them of various kinds (feel free to use Evil Water/Lawful Water/Chaotic Water too). If you happen to want some manacles or whatever, you have them. Within Reason though.

3)Characters:
KORE
"MY RAGE IS HUGE!"
I HOPE MY RAGE IS NOT SHOWING!
Male Human Barbarian 5 (Raised by Hydras)
Size/Type: Medium Humanoid [Human]
Hit Dice: 5d12+15 (53 HP)
Initiaitive: +3
Speed: 30'
Armor Class: 25 (7 Armor + 5 Shield + 3 Dex)
Attacks:
  • Battleaxe +14 (1d8+7, 20/x3)
    Armor Spikes +14 (1d6+7, 20/x2)
    Shield +14 (1d6+7, 20/x2)
SA: Rage (-2 AC, +2 morale Atk/Dam/Saves, DR 4/-, +3d6 Rage Dice, Combat Movement +15', Battle Hardened, Sidestep Hazzards)
SQ: Fast Healing 5, DR 5/Adamantine, +4 Bullrush, +2 Disarm
Saves: Fortitude +7, Reflex +4, Willpower +2
Abilities: STR 20, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Intimidate +8, Hide +9, Listen +9, Move Silently +9, Spot +9
Feats: Two Weapon Fighting, Combat School*, Blitz
Alignment: Neutral Good
Stuff:
  • 1. Magic Adamantine Battleaxe
    2. Magic Adamantine Shield (+2 Bullrush, +2 Disarm)
    3. Magic Masterwork Adamantine Breastplate with Magic Adamantine Armor Spikes (ACP -5, ASP -2, Dex +3; DR 5/ Adamantine, +2 Bullrush)
    4. Belt of Magnificence (put into statistics)
    Backpack with bedroll, trail rations, rope, pitons, and other crap i may or may not need to keep track of.
*10 headed strike style (Axe, Shield, and Spikes)
What is a Belt of Magnificence? Are you seriously trying to pass of as one of your items something that gives six enhancement bonuses and is therefore completely destroying the Book of Gears by itself? The whole point of "eight items" is that you can only have 8 level appropriate bonuses, and everything else needs to be lateral power.
TAMMI
Male Aasimar Conduit Of The Lower Planes 5 (I Saw Mommy Kissing Mariliths, or, Rosemary Has Two Mommies)

Size/Type: Medium Outsider [Native, Human]
Hit Dice: 5d6+15 (35 HP)
Initiaitive: +2
Speed: 30'
Armor Class: 20 (10 + 5 armor +3 shield + 2 Dex)
Attacks:hells if I care. SLAs.
SA: Spell-like abilities (Spheres: Violation [basic], Death [basic], Dominion [basic]), Enhanced Sphere Access (2/day 1st power, 1/day 2nd power)
SQ: Darkvision, Immunity to Electricity, Telepathy, healed by negative energy, Immunity to Death Effects,
Saves: Fortitude +6, Reflex +5, Will +6
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 10, CHA 23
Skills: Diplomacy +16, Concentration +10, Spellcraft +10
Feats: Leadership, Persuasive, Wings of Evil
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Stuff:
  • 1. Magic Fedora (+CHA)
    2. Amulet of Health (+CON)
    3. Ring of Invisibility (at will? continuous? BoG isn't clear, as spell)
    4. Magic Force Shield (+Saves, generated by bracelet)
    5. Mithral Chain Shirt
    Flashy (but mostly black) clothing, jewelry, handcuffs, and various adventuring sundries.

Assuming Leadership is as in DMG, I have 15th 1st and 1 2nd level followers. I'm going to say that I've started a [EDITED]-like cult of thief-acrobats and jesters. They steal shit, sneak about and piss off people I don't like.
1) Going by the DMG, you can't have a leadership score until level 6. Are you sure Tome Leadership gives you followers before level 6?
2) I'm going to have to ask for a Leadershipless game for right now. I'm looking at 5-6 tome characters already. And I hate leadership anyway, because having an Extra character is still always better than any other feat.
3) Ring of Invisibility isn't anywhere mentioned at all in Book of Gears. And if it were mentioned, it's a much more powerful item than any lesser item. So you wouldn't have it yet.
Aetheros
Neutral Aasimar Curator 5

Considering this as my character portrait, for it amuses me.
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg21 ... drasil.jpg

Strength: 9 (-1)
Dexterity: 12 (+2)
Constitution: 12 (+1)
Intelligence: 12 (+1)
Wisdom: 16 (+4)
Charisma: 22 (+6) (increased by 1 at level 4, +2 from amulet)

HP: 5d8+5 (28)
AC: 27 (10 + 8 Armor + 5 Shield + 2 Dex +2 Cover (from shield's second power))
Fortitude: +5 (4 + 1)
Reflex: +3 (1 + 2)
Will: +5 (4 + 1)
Initiative: +2 (+2 Dex)

Skills:
Diplomacy (Cha): +14 OR +17 (8 Ranks + 6 CHA + ?3 Persuasive? )
Heal (Wis): +11 (8 Ranks + 3 WIS )
Knowledge (Planes) (Int): +3 (2 Ranks +1 INT)
Knowledge (Religion) (Int): +2 (1 Ranks +1 INT)
Knowledge (Arcana) (Int): +2 (1 Ranks +1 INT)
Knowledge (Nature) (Int): +2 (1 Ranks +1 INT)
Profession: 1 rank (Goldsmith)
Sense Motive (Wis): +11 (8 Ranks + 3 WIS )
Spellcraft (Int): +2 (1 Ranks +1 INT)
Spot (Wis): +11 (8 Ranks +3 WIS)
Tumble (Dex): +5 (4 Ranks +1 DEX)
Use Magic Device (Cha): +7 (1 Ranks +6 CHA)

Feats
[at level 1] Persuasive OR Zen Archery (if Zen Archery, move 2 points from Dex to Wis for 16 total Wis)
[at level 3] Flurry OR Point Blank Shot
[at level 6] Wings of Good OR Wings of Evil (Energy Wings)
[at level 9] Wrappings of the Ages OR Whispers of the Otherworld OR A Feast Unknown

Magic Item Slots:

Magic Mithril Suit (No skill penalty)

Magic Force Shield (generated by a bracelet) (Provides shield bonus to AC against Incorporeal, +2 cover AC)

Amulet of Nondetection (as the spell) Removed due to 4 magic item starting cap
Amulet of Resistance (+2 at level 5) Removed due to 4 magic item starting cap
Amulet of Deflection (+2 at level 5) Removed due to 4 magic item starting cap
Amulet of Fire Resistance (5 at level 5) Removed due to 4 magic item starting cap
Amulet of Charisma (+2 at level 5)

Bag of Holding

Class Features:

Benedictions (Su): At levels 1, 3, 5, and 7, a Curator learns a Benediction. Each Benediction requires an immediate action to activate, may target any creature the Curator can see within Close range (including herself), and is usable at will. The effects of a Benediction end at the start of the Curator's next turn, and the affected creature is surrounded by a faint glow while its effects persist.

Azure Aegis
• The target of your Benediction receives an amount of temporary HP equal to your ranks in the Heal skill.
• The target of your Benediction receives a +2 morale bonus to AC.

Blessing of the Crimson Sun
• The target of your Benediction receives a +2 morale bonus to all saves.
• The target of your Benediction is cured of one of the following status effects: dazzled, shaken, sickened, or magical fatigue (your choice at time of use).

Goldeneye
• The target of your Benediction gains a +5 insight bonus to Listen and Spot checks, and to resist enemy feints.
• The target of your Benediction gains blindsense out to 15'.

Spheres: At 2nd level, and every 4 levels thereafter, the Curator gains basic access to a Sphere, which must be one of: Exorcism, Mystery, Piety, Restraint, Revelation, Splendor, or Vigor (see below). If she selects a Sphere in which she already has basic access, she gains advanced access; if she already has advanced accesss, she gains expert access.

Basic Access: Restraint Sphere
Special: You gain a +3 bonus on saves against mind-affecting effects.
Level, Benefits
1 Entangle
3 Web
5 Stinking Cloud
7 Black Tentacles
9 Wall of Stone
11 Repulsion
13 Forcecage
15 Prismatic Wall
17 Temporal Stasis
19 Imprisonment

Heal Injuries (Sp): With a one minute ritual, a Curator of 4th level can heal a number of characters equal to her class level of a number of hit points of damage equal to her ranks in the Heal skill. This action may be taken a number of times per day equal to 3 + the Curator’s Charisma Modifier (if any), and all affected characters must be within close range of the Curator for the entire period.
Gonna have to say no to Flurry. So I guess go the Archery route.
Victor Winterson
Neutral Evil Human Dread Necromancer 5 (Veteran of The War of the Ice Crawlers)

Size/Type: Medium Undead (Dark Minded, Human, Augmented Humanoid)
HD: 5d12+25 (63 hp)
Attack: +4 (+3 BAB, -1 Strength, +2 magic gloves)
AC: 16 (+4 armor, +2 deflection)
Special: Spellcasting, touch of death +5d6, practiced caster (light armor), rebuke undead, DR 5/magic, +4 Turn Resistance, undead traits, dark minded traits
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 12, Con -, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 19 (21)
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +6
Skills: Bluff +13, Concentration +13, Disguise +13, Gather Information +13, Intimidate +13, Knowledge (arcana) +11, Knowledge (religion) +11, Spellcraft +11
Feats: Attune Sphere (Frostbite), Attune Sphere (Heresy), Body Assemblage, A Feast Unknown, Whispers of the Otherworld
Languages: Common, Elven, Draconic, Infernal
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Proficiencies: All Simple weapons, Light Hammer, Longsword, Scythe, Composite Longbow, Light Armor
Equipment: Shifting Spiderweb (+deflection to AC), Crown of Charisma (+2 enhancement to Charisma), Magic Hands (okay, Gloves; +2 enhancement to weapon and touch attack/damage), Cloak of Resistance (+2 resistance to saves)

Minions: TBD, possibly some troll zombies, swordwraiths, ghouls

Spells per day: 8, 5
Spell save DCs: 16, 17
Why do you have five feats?

Also, I think Dark Minded still take negative energy damage. You have a Curator, so you don't need to use your Charnel Touch, ...but, yeah. You still are going to take damage from your burst.

Also, what is "touch of death +5d6"?
THUNDER RYU
Chaotic Neutral Tiefling Ninja 3/Swashbuckler 2 (Royalty of a Fallen Nation Black Sheep Noble)
Size/Type: Medium Outsider [Human][Native]
Hit Dice: 3d6+2d8+10 (32 HP)
Initiative: +6 (+5 Speed of Thought +1 Dex)
Saves: Fort 3 (1+2), Ref 7 (6+1), Will 3 (0+3)
Speed: 45'/Climb Speed 45'
AC: 21 (10 + 5 Armored In Life + 5 Armor + 1 Dex)
Attacks:

Heavy Pick x2 +9 (1d6+2, 20/x4)

Abilities: Str 14, Dex 10(12), Con 14, Int 19(21), Wis 10, Cha 8(6)

Item Slots:
1: Magic Adamantium Heavy Pick @ +2
2: Magic Grey Armor @ +2
3: Magic Ring of Kage Bunshin no Jutsu Mirror Image
4: Magic Adamantium Heavy Pick @ +2
Rations, Tales of the Totally Sweet Ninja, bright red scarf.

Feats: Whirlwind, Two Weapon Fighting

Skills:
Balance 10 (9+1)
Bluff 7 (9-2)
Disable Device 14 (9+5)
Tumble 10 (9+1)
Jump 11 (9+2)
Spot 9 (9+0)
Hide 5 (4+1)
Move Silently 6 (5+1)
Know (Your Mum, in the Biblical Sense) 6
Escape Artist 9
Gather Information 6
Craft (Alchemy) 6

Class Features: Armored in Life, Surprise! (auto-crit flat footed), Too Fast by Half, Wall Jump, Ninja'd (Either act first in Surprise round or make a Surprise round), at-will Invisibility, Speed of Thought (Int to Initiative, damage and attack on flanked and flat-footed enemies.), Cowabunga!

Fencing (once a round, can make a parry attempt), Your Opponent is Me! (if hit=successful, opponent must hit or Full Defend, or count as flat footed + 3xClass Level bonus damage), Combat Climbing (Climb = Move speed, enemies take -4 penalty to hit when climbing), Tie-Up (if hit=successful, target makes (Attack Roll) Escape Artist check or is Entangled. If they fail by 10 or more, immobile instead).
Where are these classes?

Also, what did you use to come up with the Ring of Mirror Image as a lesser item? Your own judgment, or is there so official Frank writing on spells on items that I missed?
Izz't Garl'gezmond (Yes, she's related to my previous character)
Neutral Good Drow Jester 5
Size / Type: Medium Humanoid [Elf]
Hit Die: 5d6+5 (35 HP)
Initiative: +2
Saves: Fort; 1+2, Will; 1+2, Ref; 4+2
Speed:
AC: 12

Attacks:
Throwing Knives
Scimitar
Dagger

Abilities: Str 10 (0), Dex 14 (+2), Con 12 (+1), Int 12 (+1), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 16 (+3)

Items Slots:
1: Cloak of Neverending Shuriken (Exactly as it sound, a cloak from which shurikens are produced at an unceasing rate. Also comes in black)
2: Bag of Holding Woodland Animals (Whenever an item is pulled from this bag, roll a d10 to see which Small woodland animal it is. Or if its a badger. (Chaos-tainted varieties gives you giant frogs))
3: Vorpal Scimitar
4: Mask of Many Faces (I can't remember the actual name of the item but it's basicly a mask with an alter self spell on it, right?)
(Too much? I'm not even very clear on what vorpal is except it cuts very well. As for others, I'm not entirely sure either)

Feats: Weapon Finesse, Two-Weapon Fighting

Skills: NYW

Class Features: Poison Use, Ignore Components, Harlequin's Mask (As long as she's masked, she ignores compulsion), Spell Casting, Laugh It Off (Add Charisma modifier to morale rolls), Powerslide (Make Balance check to halve damage), Sneak Attack, Jester's Feint (Throw random things opponent to deny Dex bonus), Cruel Comment (Say mean things to gives penalty)
All of your items are all wrong.

1) You only have lesser qualities to work with, and most items shouldn't even have that, just a bonus.

So:

1) Cloak of making weapons.
2) Bag of pulling Critters out of it.
3) Another weapon?
4) Looking like other things.

4) You can have a Mask of Disguise Self that works on touch too. Polymorph effects... well, you probably wouldn't want it to touch you. Basically, like the Changeling shift ability. Also, you should have it provide an enhancement bonus to either Disguise or Charisma. Probably Charisma, because that's more important.

3) Why do you want another weapon? Aren't you going to be throwing stuff all the time? Do you just want a magic item? Various energy flasks and poisons can make that not needed.

2 and 1) I'm thinking about giving you an item which will count as a moderate effect, and you'll just have slightly better gear than everyone else, but I don't think they will complain, as they are generally more optimized, and it won't be a big deal.

Here it is:

Extra dimensional Gloves of Summoning (Come up with a better name.)

These gloves provide an enhancement bonus to dex, and have the following two abilities:

1) As a free action, you may either place an item that could be wielded in one hand by an average medium sized creature (even as an improvised weapon) into the glove's extradimensional storage, or take such an item out of it. Items inside, even small animals, are in stasis.

2) As a free action, maximum of 5 times per round, you may have the glove summon one non magical, non living item that can be wielded in one hand at random from some random place. Anything with magical glyphs (Arcane Mark, Glyph of X, ect) or with a spell currently active on it counts as magical.

The DM basically makes something up. But you can totally use this as justification for having basically any number of simple alchemical items and non masterwork weapons to then store in the extradimensional space.

While the number of items that can be stored in the dimensional space is large, it is not infinite, if over 100 items are stored inside at once, all future items placed inside disappear to a random astral location, and cannot be returned.

The wearer is constantly aware of the number and type of items stored in the glove.

So that + Mask, +2 other items.
Last edited by Kaelik on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
God_of_Awesome
Knight-Baron

Post by God_of_Awesome »

Alright, fixed a couple things on mine. Since the verdict is still out on my items, I haven't adressed them. Skills will be done despite my unending hatred of the damnded things.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

Kaelik wrote:Why do you have five feats?

Also, I think Dark Minded still take negative energy damage. You have a Curator, so you don't need to use your Charnel Touch, ...but, yeah. You still are going to take damage from your burst.

Also, what is "touch of death +5d6"?
I probably could have annotated that better. I'm using Hicks' Dread Necromancer here, and apparently didn't correct the comment. <_<;

The Body Assemblage and Whispers of the Otherworld are from the class's bonus feats. One from human, two from leveling.

The Dark Minded subtype modifies the Undead type like so:
- Not immune to mind affecting affects.
- Immune to morale and fear effects.
- Heals normally
- Any Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate attempts to influence a dark minded creature are made with a -10 penalty.
- A Dark Minded creature continues to advance in age categories, growing older and wiser over time. It does not accrue any penalties to its attributes for advancing in age categories, and a Dark Minded creature has no maximum age.

The default for undead is being healed by negative and damaged by positive, so... yeah.

Touch of Death is the negative energy touch ability from Hicks's DN (the equivalent to charnel touch). It does class level in d6 additional negative energy damage on melee attacks.
Last edited by Quantumboost on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

1) Everyone, finally edited in everyone's class with comments.

2) Quantum...

Why did your post specifically say "HoH Dread Necromancer" if you weren't using the Heroes of Horror Dread Necromancer?

3) No other undead subtype says "Heals normally" Does that mean that every single other undead is healed by positive energy? What is the point of having a completely superflous statement with no meaning or changes?

I was just going to change it anyway, so regardless of what it means, you are healed by negative energy, but whatever.

4) I am highly hesitant about "Draw from every possible book in existence, no DM, you aren't allowed to have any idea what the player is capable of doing, I created this class for the sole reason to make DMs lives miserable" spellcasting mechanics like "You get everything on any list with one school + anything on any list from any school."

You are also a minion class. I hate you. Like, a lot. I want to murder your face.

If you have any classes that don't meet those criteria that you might also want to play as much, I'm going to ask you to please please please please please please please play them.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.