Breyer Fucking Resign Already You Sack of Shit

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Breyer Fucking Resign Already You Sack of Shit

Post by Kaelik »

I now get to say things like this again.

Democratic judges are insanely old, and they need to all start resigning if they are over the age of 65 tomorrow.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Whatever
Prince

Post by Whatever »

Yes.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

I would rather Barrett resign.
Orca
Knight-Baron

Post by Orca »

82 years old is past any reasonable retirement age, yes.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Re: Breyer Fucking Resign Already You Sack of Shit

Post by Kaelik »

I regret to inform everyone that this sack of shit has not retired, and in fact is busy defending the sacred non partisan institution.

Absolutely fuck this guy so much. I hope every day for the rest of his life someone yells at him to retire.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

I'm just waiting for the Republicans to gain one (or more) Senate seat in 2022, for Breyer to die early in 2023, and for McConnell to break his record with Scalia and refuse to move forward with the appointment for over 600 days.

"We just had an election, but we need to let the voters decide two years from now."
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Meanwhile, some people including the head of the judiciary chair in the house introduced a court packing bill, and Pelosi did Pelosi things by instantly announcing it would never see a vote as long as she was speaker, because it's important to never allow anyone to exert pressure. You must announce that pressure is bluff as soon as possible so that anyone you might be pressuring knows to ignore it immediately, and tell everyone that you will not be whipping votes for the bill and will in fact be whipping against the bill.

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Justice Breyer has published an entire book about how no politics ever happens at the Supreme Court and we should all thank John Roberts for his very good decisions and obey our god kings on the Supreme Court.

I wish I was kidding.

Someone recently pointed out that apparently all democratic supreme court justices are the dumbest mother fuckers in the universe who's ego and blindness make them incapable of making the decision to retire, while all republicans do strategic retirements.

Something that is easy to forget at the time, but both the justices that retired in 2009 (both of whom are STILL ALIVE) so that Obama could appoint their replacements were appointed by Gerald Ford and H W Bush, but had drifted left.

Meanwhile, the only two seats appointed by a democrat at the time, Clinton appointees Breyer and Ginsburg, both decided to stick it out when people were begging them to retire, and both will eventually be replaced by republican presidents. Breyer will probably live until January 21st 2025 and then die immediately just to spite democrats and will never retire, but at this point he definitely won't retire until after the midterms and republicans get their permanent Senate Majority since they are rewriting voting laws to guarantee permanent republican control.

RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Kaelik wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:31 pm
Breyer will probably live until January 21st 2025 and then die immediately just to spite democrats and will never retire, but at this point he definitely won't retire until after the midterms and republicans get their permanent Senate Majority since they are rewriting voting laws to guarantee permanent republican control.
He might be replaced by a Republican in 2025 if the Senate picks up just one seat in 2022 and he dies after they take office in 2023. I bet McConnell would try to break his 2016 Scalia record since he could just refuse to vote on anyone Biden nominates. I mean, he broke the record both for the longest stall and the quickest start-to-finish process. He's not even attempting to hide the fact this is a super partisan process because his excuse in 2020 "the White House and Senate were controlled by different parties" for why we had to wait to replace Scalia.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Why hide it? There are no political consequences for anything he does. Who's going to do anything about it? Dems? Republicans very literally almost got people on both sides killed on Capitol Hill and nothing has happened to anyone that matters. At this point McConnell is just running up the score.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Well sure! And he held one seat open for over a year and then rushed a candidate through in less than a month, and the result is that right now a democratic supreme court justice is writing a book about how he wants Mitch McConnell to pick who replaces him because McConnell and Biden appointments are literally identical and indistinguishable because no politics could ever occur at the Supreme Court, except him choosing to strategically resign, which would be the first act of politics ever, since no one has ever strategically resigned before now.

phlapjackage
Knight-Baron

Post by phlapjackage »

Necro:

Speaking of the supreme court, Kaelik (et al), what's your take on the recent news that all of the justices voted against a formal code of conduct? Are all the justices corrupt, or is there more to it than that? I saw one excuse was that judges wouldn't want that power to be wielded against them by a hostile Congress or something similar.
Koumei: and if I wanted that, I'd take some mescaline and run into the park after watching a documentary about wasps.
PhoneLobster: DM : Mr Monkey doesn't like it. Eldritch : Mr Monkey can do what he is god damn told.
MGuy: The point is to normalize 'my' point of view. How the fuck do you think civil rights occurred? You think things got this way because people sat down and fucking waited for public opinion to change?
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

phlapjackage wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:22 am
Necro:

Speaking of the supreme court, Kaelik (et al), what's your take on the recent news that all of the justices voted against a formal code of conduct? Are all the justices corrupt, or is there more to it than that? I saw one excuse was that judges wouldn't want that power to be wielded against them by a hostile Congress or something similar.
I think certainly most of them are corrupt! I wouldn't definitely exclude even Sotomayor or Brown-Jackson from it, and I would affirmatively say all the rest are corrupt.

But an additional thing that all nine of them seem to think which is very dumb, is that is that they as supreme court justices for either seflish or selfless reasons or both have an obligation to make/keep the Supreme Court respected. And probably mostly for selfish reasons, but also because of ideological blinders, they think the way to do that is to say "bribing supreme court justices is cool and good, stop complaining" instead of doing the hard work to have a supreme court that doesn't accept bribes.

Obviously, my answer is "no one should ever respect the supreme court as much as they claim, and judicial review is a made up bullshit that congress should overrule whenever they want" but also separately, that even when it comes to giving the amount of respect the court should have, it's actually more important to stop respecting a supreme court that takes bribes at all then it is to keep respecting the bribed supreme court, a sentiment I apply generally to a lot of institutions.

phlapjackage
Knight-Baron

Post by phlapjackage »

It's actually more important to stop respecting a supreme court that takes bribes at all then it is to keep respecting the bribed supreme court, a sentiment I apply generally to a lot of institutions.
Thanks, that's good to know there's no complicated law wrangling stuff, just plain corruption (or covering up for corruption). I see it similar to cops, even if not every one is actively corrupt, the others are helping to cover for them, so really ASCJAB.
Koumei: and if I wanted that, I'd take some mescaline and run into the park after watching a documentary about wasps.
PhoneLobster: DM : Mr Monkey doesn't like it. Eldritch : Mr Monkey can do what he is god damn told.
MGuy: The point is to normalize 'my' point of view. How the fuck do you think civil rights occurred? You think things got this way because people sat down and fucking waited for public opinion to change?