The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Annoying Questions I'd Like Answered...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 240, 241, 242

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyzmarca
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrapnel wrote:
Okay, so I recently got a Gundam model kit, because I like making models and Transformers aren't the only giant robots that I like. This model, however, had a part that is about a quarter the size of an atom and is translucent, and, because my life is soooo awesome, that part of course fell out of my fingers into the couch and disappeared into the ether. So, my question is: Is there some place I can go to order/buy individual parts of a model kit? I don't want to have to buy a second model just to replace one piece.

You can order replacement parts from Bandai Japan.

If you can read Japanese, and are willing to pay shipping from Japan.

https://www.wakuwakumono.com/order-gundam-replacement-parts-japan-step-step/
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can also try here- http://www.bluefincorp.com/catalog/replace

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:
In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Shrapnel
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Much appreciated, to you both.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No worries.

Why are tontines illegal? Is it just because it's a form of gambling that isn't overseen?

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:
In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
deaddmwalking
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

According to Wikipedia:

Questionable practices by US life insurers in 1906 led to the Armstrong Investigation in the United States restricting some forms of tontines. Nevertheless, in March 2017, The New York Times reported that tontines were getting fresh consideration as a way for people to get steady retirement income.[3]

I'd guess that if you're a member of a tontine, you have an incentive to kill every other member could be considered an issue.
hyzmarca
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prak wrote:
No worries.

Why are tontines illegal? Is it just because it's a form of gambling that isn't overseen?

It's not gambling. Gambling requires chance, there has to be some random factor to qualify as gambling. Death rates are non-random.

Yeah. The main reason is that it encourages beneficiaries to go Highlander on each other. The other reason is that, because the beneficiaries pay up front, it's very easy for the insurance company to just spend large sums of it on bullshit like expensive parties, banking on the hope that the investors will die quickly, and then delay payment if they don't.

Basically, a tontine is a really easy way for a fraudster to get a lot of money up front. It's also a shit investment.

There's also the fact that some people figured out how to game the system and started buying tontines on other people, mostly five-year-old girls, to maximize live expectancy.

Last edited by hyzmarca on Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Whipstitch
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a really silly way to define gambling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 240, 241, 242
Page 242 of 242

Jump to: