Max post length?

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

shau
Knight-Baron

Max post length?

Post by shau »

What is the maximum length for a post on this board? I am trying to review Divine Power, and wading through 96 shitty powers eats up a lot of space.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

really really long.

I just ran a test and successfully posted a 77733 word, 421790 character manuscript in this very space - that said I don't recommend doing so as that caused severe lag on my end.
Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

How long did it take to upload? That's like half a meg.

-Crissa
erik
King

Post by erik »

Heh, just let TD's posts be your guide. Those are a couple million characters apiece, right?
Titanium Dragon
Journeyman

Post by Titanium Dragon »

clikml wrote:Heh, just let TD's posts be your guide. Those are a couple million characters apiece, right?
I've actually hit the character limit on the WotC boards on more than one occaision (its 50,000 characters, in case you were wondering). One of my posts was over 100,000 characters long, so actually had to be cut up into three posts (I cut it up into four because I figured I might edit some of the individual sections).
erik
King

Post by erik »

I think I hit the limit once on WotC's old, old boards, but I don't recall what it was about. I try to keep things shorter these days.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

K and I have put together multipe manuscripts that hit the character limit on WotC. The ends of the Matrix is 350,001 characters long.

-Username17
Titanium Dragon
Journeyman

Post by Titanium Dragon »

Well, when I hit the character limit was back in... 2006ish? Whenever Ravnica came out.

Who knows what the limit will be tommorrow.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

If I'm looking at the database right, the max length is 16,777,216 bytes.

That, of course, doesn't mean that you should all rush to create posts of that length. ;)
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Zherog wrote:If I'm looking at the database right, the max length is 16,777,216 bytes.

That, of course, doesn't mean that you should all rush to create posts of that length. ;)
hefty document that. jeez
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.