HTML code in posts

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Deesix
NPC

HTML code in posts

Post by Deesix »

It seems that no matter what I do, I cannot get HTML codes to work. Apparently it is enabled by administrators for people on a case for case basis, or something like that. I'm trying to use the Power Cards for a homebrew Ranger class created on a website, which look nice and work well.

Copy/pasting would involve either the powers looking like poop, or tedious editing of the individual powers (which are going to number very high eventually), which I simply will not do.

I'd like to request to have HTML enabled for me, or whatever it is that needs to be done.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I think the problem is this board uses BBCode and not HTML, so you're simply SOL there :/
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Deesix
NPC

Post by Deesix »

Damn. Well, according to the FAQ it can be enabled by Admins. If this is impossible, I should probably just delete my thread. I don't have the time to individually edit powers like that.
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

Post by Quantumboost »

What tags are being used in the HTML? If they're fairly simple and have corresponding board tags, you might be able to do a mass search-and-replace. Turning "<a href=" to "[url=" and the like.

It probably wouldn't be *as* pretty, but eh.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

We won't be enabling HTML due to the potential security issues that could raise. Sorry.

Quantum is correct that converting codes isn't too terribly difficult.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

If I'm really pressed, I'll just embed a PDF as an image.

-Crissa
Murtak
Duke

Post by Murtak »

Odds are there is a HTML to BB code converter out there. Alternatively, if all you are looking for is some simple tag replacement a small Ruby/Python/Perl script should do it if find/replace doesn't. Of course if you wanted HTML for CSS styling or something like that you are out of luck.
Murtak