DM takes his ball and goes home.

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

Yes, but that's an awful lot of hoops to jump through to make a 2000+ population city. So I'll accept the possibility, but not for the DM in question.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Well, if it's only a town of 2K, I maybe can buy it; the town that my high school (old building) was along cliffs at the edge of the sea, but was surrounded by cedar swamp; the rock layers were impermeable and the tectonic lift slowly pushes the cliffs higher and the high rain and runoff from the mountains (hundred miles away) basically piles up on the forest plains before drilling down the edge of the cliffs.

Most of the towns were built at the base of the cliffs or where the rivers cut through because that gave access to the sea and fishing; but archeological record shows that has led to all the cities being destroyed about every 300 years or so via tsunami.

The town the highschool was in had lost several hundred meters of the town itself in written history, and there was a 6' tsunami while I was attending school (we had to evacuate).

But we did not have pressurized wells, and that water was really not very good to drink (either swampy or high in iron) except for the river water. But we drank the well water anyhow.

-Crissa