The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Dungeon Crusade Game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judging__Eagle
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Dungeon Crusade Game Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, right now I've had uhm, interest expressed by a few Denners to join the game that I'm going to run on Elliquiy (my referral link is here btw).

I know that getting approved takes some time, so you can post your characters here.

Right now Koumei is playing an Arbites 3/Judge 1 grapple-artist.... I think that she has a thing for characters that get the best of their enemies via wrestling. A +16 mod at lvl 4 is pretty close to busting the RNG.

I've got an other player who made a Penal Legionarre/Roguish Scoundrel; with a laspistol and chainsword... he missed the memo about plasma pistols. I'll ask him if he wants one.

The third player wants to make a Vetran/Commisar, but hasn't written his character up.

People from the Den that want to join the game, but want to write their characters ahead of time can do so in this thread. I'm going to copypasta the two already submitted characters from the thread I started on E.

Frederick Hartigan
Penal Legionaire 3/Roguish Scoundrel 1
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Coda Abigail Celeste

Background:

Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tirel "Fixer" Montrain, Storm Trooper/Deep Strike Assaulter

Short Backstory
cthulhu
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Still working on this, there is a notable lack of feats for guns.

Name: Unit 5072-6f62-6162-6c79-2047-6176-696e "Gavin"

Short Backstory

Last edited by cthulhu on Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
cthulhu
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually some questions - will vehicles be useful, like at all?
cthulhu
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Secondly, why the fuck just not play the game here? fbmf is unlikely to care about chainsawing people in the face Big Grin

That said, regoing on other site.

Last edited by cthulhu on Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Judging__Eagle
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vehicles. Oh, DEFINITELY Big Grin

If the PCs don't get a vehicle eventually, I'll probably assign them a Salamander; it's a weaponless, amphibious, scout-like vehicle with more engines and fuel-tanks than anything else.

Well, there's no dice-rolling app here. That's really the main obstacle; offline dicerollers work, but I've always been a bit ambivalent about them. They feel like an extra website to have to deal with when I use them. =/

I'm not sure how good the Elliquiy Dice-Roller is though. I've always loved the way that Myth-Weavers has embedded Dice Rolls, so that they show up in your posts; and RPoL has a 'checkable' dice-roller for the group as a whole to use; E has dice-rolls that can be sent to the GM or something.

I'll need Koumei to confirm and clarify how E's dice-system works.

On Feats

For a Gun-user:

Two Weapon Fighting, use assault-speed pistols for max attacks.

Point Blank Shot; +3 to hit within 30' (ie. when it's a big fucking deal if you miss or not, b/c that means you're in charge range of the enemy), add BAB to ranged damage

Sniper: you've got it; it increases the PBS benefit to 60' (meaning you're able to hit better outside of most people's charge range)

Hunter: Ride a vehicle, have no shooting penalties! You won't have an Ass-cannon, but a heavy bolter, stubber or Las-raper, i mean cannon that doesn't get jostled about works good.

Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
cthulhu
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I might do up a vehicle jockey then with that assurance Big Grin
Judging__Eagle
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Omg, yes, please do.

I want a very action heavy game. Vehicles would really help with that.

Having the supreme bulk of a vehicle allows me to throw dozens of completely weak monsters in waves and have them slaughtered with the PCs staying relatively safe while they ride on top and shoot.

Also, it would allow for more "strategic", rather than "tactical", types of battles. With the speed and defenses of a vehicle, the PCs are able to travel large amounts of distance, leap into combat against a specific target. With the target dealt with, they can then jump back into the vehicles when the PCs have attacked what they wanted to.

Personally, I like the idea of a very intelligent and challenging series of encounters that involve large groups of enemies, I might use the medium creature "swarm" template in order to create mobs of stuff like orks or goblins or w/e.

[I'll discuss this more later]
cthulhu
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's useful that the fluff states that a leman russ can run off chopped wood or anything else that you can shovel in the boilers- and so presumably can other imperial engines.

Hey other question - two weapon fighting for example specifies melee weapons in the feat. Are we relaxing the language on that?

Last edited by cthulhu on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Quantumboost
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I approve of having vehicles, especially flying, because that plus Grav-chutes = DEATH FROM ABOVE!

Although I wonder if there's actually a benefit from having multiple Tinkers...
cthulhu
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(+2 AC or +25% range or speed) AND (+1 to hit or +2 damage) w/ 8 hours.

is how I read tinker - so either it could straight up stack, OR you could stake a second tinker with the first and choose the other options OR it wouldn't stack.

either way I might ditch it.

Edit: Obvious Vehicle choices are a Valkyrie with Rocket pods and a lascannon or a chimera.

Given the cool factor, the Valkyrie is probably the better choice. Can I bling it out with some vehicle mods?

Last edited by cthulhu on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Koumei
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elliquiy dice roller: you can send the results to the GM or you can just link to the results (I'd usually put "X + Y = [linky]Z[/linky]" at the bottom of a post).

Although lately people have just said "meh, roll real dice, we'll use the honour system".
cthulhu
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Incidently, yeah, that site is blocked from work wholesale
cthulhu
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New Character: Shock Trooper 3 / Shock Pilot 1

Name: Staff Sergeant Lafayette G. Pool

A description of this Character in less words than are in this sentence: A lanky veteran of the Armageddon wars, Pool is tanker and all-star hardarse.

(Yeah, I know, I'm cheating on 'all-star')

Look and feel: Physically Lafayette is a tall, wiry twenty something with sandy hair who has troubles fitting in tank hatches. He's tough from his service in the Guard, but never really overcame his physical weakness - but he makes up for that by endurance, grit and determination.

Lafayette thinks that if you're lax with your uniform you're probably lax with changing the oil and frankly both of those things are completely unacceptable. As a result he is always well turned out despite the incredibly greasy profession that is being a tanker. People get used to washing uniforms.

Personal History: After being refused entry into the Imperial Navy, Pool was drafted into the PDF during the Armageddon campaign.

Pool was quickly pormoted after he took control of his dated PDF lemon Russ after the commander was killed and single-handedly turned back a major ork attack, being transferred into the imperial guard and establishing a hard won reputation for himself as a crack tank commander, accounting for over 180 kills of Ork vehicles.

The loss of Pool's first tank "In The Mood," (all succeeding tanks have been called "In The Mood!") was to a Ork Rokkit from some tankbusta Boyz at the Adeptus Mechanisus Factory complexof Les Forges not far from the Orc Rokk's landing ground. Pool's crew survived and got a new Leman Russ, and pushed on undauntedly against the Orks.

Personality: Pool is a hard drinking, hard fighting veteran who always wants things done right and will not tolerate slipshod methods, whether in maintenance, gunnery, or driving. He demands the best out of his men and he usually gets it. He firmly believes that the quickest way out of whatever shithole the imperium has dumped in this time is to smash to pieces whoever stands in his way and crush the rest under his treads, and he believes that he is the guy with the crew and the tank that can do it.

He makes friends easily and also makes enemies even faster. He has a quick temper and is not above ignoring orders when they didn't suit him - and record of exemplary service and strong tactical nous keeps him shielded from the Commissariat.

Last edited by cthulhu on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:42 pm; edited 5 times in total
Cynic
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... I haven't read Dungeon Crusade and the more I look at this the more I get the urge to join the game even though the term "adult" is attached to it which I've come to attach the term " Pron" which isn't bad but I just don't need to role play. I've never 40ked but I've got an amalgam of all of the violently loud bad-mouthed Sam L Jackson characters as a prototype in my mind.

Edit: Adult of course does mean more than pron, I just focus on the sexuality more than anything else and don't mind it in my role playing that is why I am going to give this a shot is what I am saying. Why the fvck am I elaborating? Hey, look :bolt:

Last edited by Cynic on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
cthulhu
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I agree, hence my constant pestering to run somewhere else - if dice rollers are good at mythweavers..

anyway, get on board. The rules are decent.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd prefer a tank of some kind. I want you guys crushing trees (and other stuff) at first.

With a plane, there's no point in creating forest terrain encounters. Instead you'd just fly from objective to objective. Also, I'd have to just make aerial encounters, and after a while you're probably going to get sick of Wyverns and shit.

The Leman Russ thing is that Imperial engines come in like a dozen flavours. From steam to fission. So wood works, but sometimes your engine is basically a "typical" Rifts vehicle engine: "X years of lifespan" (or until destroyed).

I'm going to use RPTool's Map Generator thing, and

http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/15602.htm#

As the basis for some of the PC Tokens.

If you want me to use a token that better reflects your character, you can dig them up yourselves, link them to me, and I'll make a token out of the image. Try to send me a large an image as possible, but really small pics work perfectly.

Conversely, I might just use your character name, but that's boring and ugly.

Here are some places to look for token ideas:

Sprite Images: Warhammer stuff mostly, some 40k stuff

http://www.rengels.de/warhammer/lists/index.html

Cool Mini is probably a good place to look, put in some search parametres, use a high quality for the rating of the models that you're looking for, and you can get some good looking things to crop or link to me.

coolminiornot.com

The Heresy Online forum has user submitted Galleries. There's about 100-ish IG things, go nuts.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/539

Here's what I'm going to use for monster tokens:

http://magist.com/vry/v/Freebies/LowresOverhead/?g2_page=1

I'm just saving what I think that I'll be using.
Cynic
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Errm - Penal legionnaire 3/ reformed officer 1 is the idea for now.

I'll stat it out as the day but I'll need help with the back story any takers to help I can be on most most messaging clients or what not or do it however you choose.
cthulhu
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just updated my character a bit, will need to research vehicle options, though it will almost certainly be a chimera.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoops, missed your post A Cynic.

Well... I saw a thread on the adult board where someone wanted a GM to run a Dark Heresy game, and I posted some of the Dungeon Crusade! material.

Then someone asked if I was going to run a game... and yeah, sort of snowballed from there.

The whole sexuality thing is probably going to come up as often as an Eldar is going to save an individual human's life; but the violence, genocide and wholesale murder to 'alien scum' (or... just the Skum monsters from the MM) that is the bread and butter of the setting will probably happen.

I have a feeling that simply creating tons of glass cannon monsters might be a good idea. Mostly to keep the 'action' level of the game high.
Cynic
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'd like to join if possible. My mind was made up even before your post, J_E

I'm trying to find out more about ze setting :-)
Judging__Eagle
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, this needs the following:

1) A Proper Intro Post

2) Also, holy shit, this will synergize well with two other projects that I want to work on. I) A series of Modelling projects that I want to do, specifically of special terrain, and "Sci-Fi" interiors and II) Using said Modelling projects as the backdrop for a comic-style narration project

I need to get working on this more.

Ok.... Intro.... I'm thinking more Rogue Trader than Imperial Guard, Inquisitorial Agents or the like.

It gives the PCs a ton more laterality in terms of what they can do, as opposed to being IG with IG officers over their heads. So, the PCs can make trade agreements with Elves, and not be deemed instant traitors for doing so.

Date: 130 M42 M 10 D 23
Vessel: "The Emperor's Adamant Fist" , formerly "Derelict #1891, aka 'Steel Star'
Commander: Promethos Hiemrich D'Guy, Merchant Independent

Mission: To accompany Imperial trader, Promethos Hiemrich D'Guy on his Exploratory Crusade into the fringes of the galaxy.

Primary Objective: Gather resources for the Imperium of Man
Secondary Objective: Expand the knowledge of the fringes of the Imperium
Tertiary Objectives:
-Secure complete control of the Space Hulk "The Emperor's Adamant Fist"
-Explore planets that the "Adamant Fist" approaches

Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
cthulhu
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some imperial guard units actually hire Kroot mercenaries to fight alongside them and kill their commissars because they are not stealth enough, so there is lots of flexibility.
Cynic
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So can someone get in touch with me about a rogue trader codex book? nudge nudge wink wink know what I mean?
cthulhu
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There isn't a rogue trader codex book since the 1980s.

Rogue traders are just the.. rogue traders who trade illegally with aliens and renegade worlds outside the normal boundaries of the imperial merchant marine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> In The Trenches All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: