My DM Is a Moron

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

I think that that's exactly what he did. And, really, it shouldn't be terribly surprising. I can't believe that you and the other people in your group that know about the problems let him continue to act this way.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

Plus Fucking One. And what would proving a Cleric could deal with routine encounters prove?
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:Clearly, your cock is part of the big barrel the server's busy sucking on.
Can someone tell it to stop using its teeth please?
Juton wrote:Damn, I thought [Pathfailure] accidentally created a feat worth taking, my mistake.
Koumei wrote:Shad, please just punch yourself in the face until you are too dizzy to type. I would greatly appreciate that.
Kaelik wrote:No, bad liar. Stop lying.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type I - doing exactly the opposite of what they said they would do.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type II - change for the sake of change.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type III - the illusion of change.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

That even with a monk riding on his back, the Cleric is still awesome enough to get the job done. I think that this could be a new paradigm, fill the party with shit and see exactly how much dead weight a caster can pull.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

Akula wrote:That even with a monk riding on his back, the Cleric is still awesome enough to get the job done. I think that this could be a new paradigm, fill the party with shit and see exactly how much dead weight a caster can pull.
Over 9,000 I'd say. Though even gimped by a Win spell, the enemies can most likely kill a Monk if they care.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:Clearly, your cock is part of the big barrel the server's busy sucking on.
Juton wrote:Damn, I thought [Pathfailure] accidentally created a feat worth taking, my mistake.
Koumei wrote:Shad, please just punch yourself in the face until you are too dizzy to type. I would greatly appreciate that.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type I - doing exactly the opposite of what they said they would do.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Their hatred of the Slow Fall ability will let them strike the monk down from beyond the grave?
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:Their hatred of the Slow Fall ability will let them strike the monk down from beyond the grave?
Yeah, sure. Why not?
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Of course not. I want to use adventure ideas from the published books.
Fail. Right there.

That's his excuse, and it's weak. A good GM will be able to keep stringing the players along even if they read the adventure.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
ImYourDM
NPC

Post by ImYourDM »

Are you guys reading the same post I am? Are you just not comprehending the level of genius at work here? This DM clearly wins. I heart and approve this rant!
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

ImYourDM wrote:Are you guys reading the same post I am? Are you just not comprehending the level of genius at work here? This DM clearly wins. I heart and approve this rant!
I hereby declare this trolling.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

I like how you respond to it two weeks later. :p It might have otherwise died of starvation.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

...You Lost Me wrote:
ImYourDM wrote:Are you guys reading the same post I am? Are you just not comprehending the level of genius at work here? This DM clearly wins. I heart and approve this rant!
I hereby declare this trolling.

:tsk:

Game On,
fbmf
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Well, it was more of a remark of amusement, since the account was obviously created for the simple purpose of making the comment. It was like trolledbot trolling, not dumb trolling.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I am against common sense. "Common sense" just traps you into old behaviors in situations where you're over your head. I try to fly by the seat of my pants wherever I am. I occasionally do stupid things, but I do learn a little bit from everything I do.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

CondorDM wrote:I DM and have 20 years now, i always understand my opinions and game itself doesn't appeal to everyone, no ones game or opinions do.

I always ask something of my players, don't like my opinions or have a beef with something in my game, to either accept things as they are and focus on gaming, if their opinion stays strongly negative about what i am offering then leave the game and we can part ways(this includes friends). Doesn't mean not be friends but i rather have people who focus on the game and not the negative lines in-between they use to pick apart what i am offering.

If your not happy with something instead of bitching and complaining leave!, nothing wrong with having some manners and politely bowing out of a game(cause sorry to anyone gaming with me, i ain't gonna change for you!, just how it is).

That person maybe your friend but you don't seem like much of a friend to him, coming on and saying he is a moron, that ain't what a friend would do, maybe someone selfish and immature may do what your doing now(you can take that as you wish).

If your not happy with a game leave, there will always be other people running games and now a days with the net being and optional place to play leaves no excuses why someone sticks in a game they don't like and bitch and create conflict, spoil the game for the person running it and other players.

To me this is common sense but common sense ain't always that common eh. Happy gaming all!.
This is... an incredibly conceited attitude that is not productive to learning as a GM in any way whatsoever. You're basically saying that, instead of giving you feedback about something you may be doing wrong, you'd rather people just didn't tell you anything and left your game. Well, frankly, I'm glad that you said this up front - I can cross ONE person off my 'will game with' list.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Gnosticism Is A Hoot
Knight

Post by Gnosticism Is A Hoot »

Count Arioch the 28th wrote:I am against common sense. "Common sense" just traps you into old behaviors in situations where you're over your head. I try to fly by the seat of my pants wherever I am. I occasionally do stupid things, but I do learn a little bit from everything I do.
I'm sure there's a difference between 'common sense' and 'unexamined prejudices', but I've never been able to figure it out.
The soul is the prison of the body.

- Michel Foucault, Discipline & Punish
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Sinister, you may have noticed that all he's done on the Den is rock up to be a condescending asshole, and a pretty stupid one at that. That's just par for course (as well as terrible advice, encouraging people to put up with awful DMs and encouraging DMs to be raging assholes).

And I like to think there's a difference between common sense (don't put your hand in the fire, clean up your own mess, don't piss your friends off) and "common sense" as said in a Northern English accent - "those students with their book learning, they still got no bloomin common sense."
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.