Persistent Darkfire

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

Persistent Darkfire

Post by SunTzuWarmaster »

It's probably only good at level 5 or so, but this particularly cleric hack in my upcoming campaign is particularly humorous to me:

Level 5-6: Point Blank Shot (Elf Domain) + Rapid Shot + DMM(Persist) + Darkfire

Throw Fire twice per round for 2d6 dmg (+1 w/in 30) per hit as a ranged touch attack with range 120 at level 5. This scales up to 3d6 at level 6.

*comparison - the TWF rogue will be doing something like 8d6 on a SA at level 5/6.
Caedrus
Knight-Baron

Re: Persistent Darkfire

Post by Caedrus »

SunTzuWarmaster wrote:It's probably only good at level 5 or so, but this particularly cleric hack in my upcoming campaign is particularly humorous to me:

Level 5-6: Point Blank Shot (Elf Domain) + Rapid Shot + DMM(Persist) + Darkfire

Throw Fire twice per round for 2d6 dmg (+1 w/in 30) per hit as a ranged touch attack with range 120 at level 5. This scales up to 3d6 at level 6.

*comparison - the TWF rogue will be doing something like 8d6 on a SA at level 5/6.
I recently recommended something like this to a DM who was trying to please a player who wanted to make a "Red Mage" at level 5. I said that she could cover her desire to cast "Fire" along with Cure and Hit Things with a Cleric, and recommended Darkfire, and carryin' a metamagic rod of Maximize (it applies to every use, if I interpret correctly)
Last edited by Caedrus on Wed May 27, 2009 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.