What happened to Crimson Lancer's thread?

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Draco_Argentum
Duke

What happened to Crimson Lancer's thread?

Post by Draco_Argentum »

As topic. That thread is the only one I can remember getting deleted without explanation. Normally things are just locked and I rather like that. So, what actually happened that was bad enough for a nuke?
ckafrica
Duke

Post by ckafrica »

I remember a MPSIMS attempt to covertly restart the laugh/cry threads which seemed to have gotten a similar fate but I'd say it's the only other one I know of too
The internet gave a voice to the world thus gave definitive proof that the world is mostly full of idiots.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Perhaps Lancer deleted his first post? I'm not sure if that nukes a thread, but it might.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

well, looks like the aWoD thread got nuked with no explanation... I may have caused that...for which I apologize if that's the case...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
TarkisFlux
Duke

Post by TarkisFlux »

What did you do that might have caused that? More importantly, how can we never do it again?
The wiki you should be linking to when you need a wiki link - http://www.dnd-wiki.org

Fectin: "Ant, what is best in life?"
Ant: "Ethically, a task well-completed for the good of the colony. Experientially, endorphins."
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

well there was that huge fight with frank about whether or not OWoD featured Dog rape...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
TarkisFlux
Duke

Post by TarkisFlux »

Saw the start of that earlier today. Guess it went right to hell. Yay...
The wiki you should be linking to when you need a wiki link - http://www.dnd-wiki.org

Ant: "Ethically, a task well-completed for the good of the colony. Experientially, endorphins."
Gelare
Knight-Baron

Post by Gelare »

Huh, it is, in fact, gone. That's sort of rough for those of us who actually hoped to use that game someday.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

yeah, I'm surprised it poofed, usually the offending posts will just be deleted, or moved...

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I actually have no idea how or why that post vanished.

Using the power of the "back" button, I was able to call it back up and attempt to post on it. The thing that came up was:
Sorry, but only moderators can reply to posts in this forum.
So it seems to still exist, but be inaccessible, and with no explanation.

-Username17
Mr. Bane
Journeyman

Post by Mr. Bane »

phpbb has a notable error of showing that message to posts that don't exist in the mysql database.

It could be there, or it might be gone.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Who won the argument? Did it?

And I'm pretty sure it's just a server issue. Because yeah, usually individual posts are deleted and occasionally a thread gets locked for a bit and people are told to cut it out. And that thread has already caused an immense problem in the past, from a technical stand-point.

If I'm thinking of the same one.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

The thread with franks SR boardgame draft in my invention has vapourised as well.
TarkisFlux
Duke

Post by TarkisFlux »

The SR Horror thread seems to be back now... some weird server voodoo goin on in these parts...

Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

I hope the aWoD thread comes back soon -- I was actually using that! Server weirdness sucks.

edit: Nevermind I'm dumb, looks like some enterprising users copied over the old thread.
Last edited by Surgo on Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

See, if we didn't know our mods, things like this would lead to suspicion (and probably rightly so) of mods dinking with threads they don't like, if it was their policy to delete them outright without explanation.

I hate places like that.

Love for fbmf.

-Crissa
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

yes, love for our mods and this place.

It's so much nicer when the mods are friendly.