Monster Manual II

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

ZER0
Journeyman

Monster Manual II

Post by ZER0 »

I have a game I'm running where a chain golem is required. Well, not required so much as 'would be really, really nice'. Unfortunately, I do not possess a Monster Manual II, and can not access the necessary monster statistics. If anyone has a .pdf file or knows where I can find one (other than a torrent file; my computer does not handle torrents as it should and most seem to make it explode), please let me know. You would have my eternal gratitude. Or, at least for as long as I remember.

Thanks,
ZER0
Absentminded_Wizard wrote:
4e PHB, p. 57 under "Target" (bolding mine) wrote:When a power’s target entry specifies that it affects you and one or more of your allies, then you can take advantage of the power’s effect along with your team-mates. Otherwise, “ally” or “allies” does not include you, and both terms assume willing targets. “Enemy” or “enemies” means a creature or creatures that aren’t your allies (whether those creatures are hostile toward you or not). “Creature” or “creatures” means allies and enemies both, as well as you.
Yes, according to 4e RAW, you are your own enemy.
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

You can grab one from DriveThruRPG.com. You will need an account with them, however. Buying books from that website is perfectly legal.

However, it's against the CoC here to direct you towards 'getting' the book through extralegal means or even discuss positively about it. So if you're not willing to pay for a .pdf then you're on your own, man.
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Back before I downloaded basically everything onto my hard drive via MIRC I used to use www.scribd.com for quick checks. It's slow, but here's one of MM2.