The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
NEW FEATURE: Ignore User
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parthenon
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How possible would it be to have like, Kaelik, Zinegata and ubernoob automatically ignore Crissa, Ganbare and whoever elses posts and vice versa? Not showing that there is a post and letting you click to read the actual post, but not seeing that post at all? So that they have to actively log out, read it, copy and paste as needed, log back in and then reply to have an argument.

Because it seems everyone is having bullshit arguments and bringing discussion from thread to thread and shitting all over the forum.

Not permanently, just for a couple of weeks or so, since making it not worth arguing for a couple of weeks may reduce the threadshitting.
CatharzGodfoot
King

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Would it be possible to expand this to an 'ignore thread' feature? This would alleviate the issue of repeatedly checking a board when a single thread that you don't care about (say, Dominions of the Den) keeps accumulating posts.

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack
Meikle641
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to second this idea, for the same reason.
My store page: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/10679/Heartbreaker-Press
shadzar
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

CatharzGodfoot wrote:
Would it be possible to expand this to an 'ignore thread' feature? This would alleviate the issue of repeatedly checking a board when a single thread that you don't care about (say, Dominions of the Den) keeps accumulating posts.
it is possible with the software as that phpbbhack exists for this version.

likewise i would like for this feature as well...never really got why they decided to add usergroups but leave out ignore functions by default.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Forwarded to the IT Department.
[/TGFBS]
CatharzGodfoot
King

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fbmf wrote:
[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Forwarded to the IT Department.
[/TGFBS]

Thanks for looking into it.

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack
Starmaker
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While we're at that, is it possible to add the "view newest post" link (what "" points at) to the thread marker ()?
Cynic
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After the recent rehash of the dog-rape argument. I would like to say that the ignore thread feature would be awesome.

Thanks for working on it, guys.
Josh_Kablack
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sign me up for wanting to ignore any and all future dog-rape threads.
Juton
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I may have missed it, but is there some way to take a user of your ignore list?
TarkisFlux
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's a link in the first post in this thread. Zherog has it in all caps and everything.

Fectin: "Ant, what is best in life?"
Ant: "Ethically, a task well-completed for the good of the colony. Experientially, endorphins."
RobbyPants
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Juton wrote:
I may have missed it, but is there some way to take a user of your ignore list?
Other than that, the quick and dirty way is to put any one random person on ignore, and then follow the link on the page after that, which brings you to your ignore list. You can then remove that random person plus the other one you wanted to remove.

It's a kludge, but it works.
Juton
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks.
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonder if it's possible to change the ignore message to "You are ignoring [Poster], Click this Schmuck Bait to read their post"

Cuz I keep clicking that box, and it never gets any better afterwards New Tongue Smilie
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm wondering if it's possible for a person to be sent message telling them they've been ignored. Not necessarily by whom, just that another person has put them on ignore. The ignorer gets to hope the ignored is shamed into being less of an asshole, the ignored gets to giggle in their immaturity at having chased off another "idiot."

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:
In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Josh_Kablack
Prince

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Prak, I think timing would make it patently obvious who was doing the ignoring in most such cases. And that means anonymous messages would be pointless. Unlike some others I visit, this forum doesn't have any sort of taboo against saying "I'm going to ignore <<ignoramus>> if he keeps this up" or "why the hell aren't you folks ignoring <<asshole>>, he never has anything to say" in actual posts, so if you somehow think doing so might shame someone, go nuts.
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For some reason the more passive aggressive "You have been ignored" message appeals to my mind more. I don't know why, it's just a momentary whim.

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:
In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Vebyast
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Josh_Kablack wrote:
Prak, I think timing would make it patently obvious who was doing the ignoring in most such cases.
The classic solution is to delay the notification long enough to make it ambiguous which argument prompted which person to ignore you.

Josh_Kablack wrote:
Unlike some others I visit, this forum doesn't have any sort of taboo against saying "I'm going to ignore <<ignoramus>> if he keeps this up" or "why the hell aren't you folks ignoring <<asshole>>, he never has anything to say" in actual posts, so if you somehow think doing so might shame someone, go nuts.
That's true; on the other hand, someone has requested the feature, suggesting that there are people around that don't want to publicly announce their actions like that. I'd certainly appreciate the option if I had reason to ignore someone.

Probably moot anyway.
2) How to be a zookeeper for hyper-intelligent shit-flinging apes.

Last edited by Vebyast on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Xur
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it possible for the boards to have a weird hickup so like80% of all prominent posters are ignored? I am totally sure I had like 2-3 people max. on my list and now when I log in, almost everyone is in there. I didn't do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: