Webcomics

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

A lot of that stuff is fairly early on, but some of it might be only mentioned in passing, if you skip through the big walls of text you'd could miss it.

Also, don't forget the Dollamancer, there was a lot of that. And possibly the way the jokes about the female casters "Flash"ing enemies got handled.
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Grek wrote:Uh, I don't remember any of that shit. Did Erfworld go kinda nuts since the last time I read it?
Not sure what was the last update you read but shit just kept getting crazier and not exactly in the good sense. Charlie got revealed plus a lot of his secrets while more and more magic shenigans being pulled off in a scalating arms race.
Thaluikhain wrote:A lot of that stuff is fairly early on, but some of it might be only mentioned in passing, if you skip through the big walls of text you'd could miss it.

Also, don't forget the Dollamancer, there was a lot of that. And possibly the way the jokes about the female casters "Flash"ing enemies got handled.
Ah yes that dollmancer, kinda had scrubbed him off my head.

And sure, big critical battle? Time to show some tits and ass!
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

Iduno wrote:
Mord wrote:Wowsers. That is, uh, one heck of an obituary. Like, totally normal up until you get to the part where it's like "btw sometimes the guy who rapes a 13-year old girl is also the victim." That takes some intensely motivated reasoning. I guess I can't blame them for not wanting to remember their son as a child rapist.
Especially when it's fairly common that the 24-year-old didn't just come up with the idea on their own, and it's somewhat likely they had the same thing happen to him when he was younger.
Um... No?

If an 8-year-old engaged in a sexual act with another 8-year-old, it's a good bet that one or more of the children involved were previously molested. After the age of ~16, when sexual urges are strong, any sexual act is likely a deliberate choice regardless of previous sexual activity.

By the time you're 24, 'coming up with the idea' of 'having sex' doesn't require any type of previous abuse to explain.

By the time you're 24, you should CERTAINLY understand that having sex with someone more than a decade younger than yourself is a predatory act.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Well book 1 is where a gamer gets summoned into a sort-of kiddified fanasy world and it's established by the non *Boop*ed profanity at end of book 1 that the series is going to about him literally breaking the physical rules of that world by thinking in ways others don't think and breaking that world's taboos......which now seems like it might be a bit problematic in hindsight.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

Heir's Game is a consistently entertaining webcomic about duelists, including some good humor.

A recent comic in the series kind of outlines what it's about without you needing to know any of the characters.