Webcomics

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

Thanks for linking Existential Comics, nockermensch. Those comics made my day.
Last edited by Lago PARANOIA on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

I just found Nimona independent of this thread and I read it start to finish. Holy shit, that was awesome.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

I archive binged Schlock Mercenary last weekend after somebody linked to the middle of it. It was pretty amusing, and I like the amount of foreshadowing in each book.
DSMatticus wrote:I sort my leisure activities into a neat and manageable categorized hierarchy, then ignore it and dick around on the internet.
My deviantArt account, in case anyone cares.
erik
King

Post by erik »

rampaging-poet wrote:I archive binged Schlock Mercenary last weekend after somebody linked to the middle of it. It was pretty amusing, and I like the amount of foreshadowing in each book.
I'm waiting for this piece of foreshadowing to come to fruition...

TOZ
Duke

Post by TOZ »

If Stand Still, Stay Silent hasn't been mentioned, it is fucking beautiful.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Muh Phoenix

The guy who made the Nuzlocke comics also parodied the recent-ish X-Men V. Avengers comics. Like all his work, it is unfinished yet hilarious.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Nobody recommended Strong Female Protagonist yet? I'm not the only one to think it started kinda lackluster, but it improves quickly and greatly; do start from the start, and it has alt-text.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Shatner
Knight-Baron

Post by Shatner »

Shrapnel wrote:Muh Phoenix

The guy who made the Nuzlocke comics also parodied the recent-ish X-Men V. Avengers comics. Like all his work, it is unfinished yet hilarious.
This comic is fucking hilarious. I'm loving it.
erik
King

Post by erik »

So in Girl Genius, anyone think that Hoffmann may be Agatha's Cousin via her Uncle?

Since he first was introduced I thought he looks a bit like Barry H, but I figured he was just a minor character and it was only a coincidence... until today's panel with "Hoffmann the Hero" and the characters talking about how his adventures didn't make sense.
Last edited by erik on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Not much about Sparks and people associating with them makes sense.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So I just found a completed webcomic called "By Crom" which is basically a joke a day single panel comic about Conan offering advice to the author on mundane issues-

Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

The subtitle is "Conan the Barbarian is My Spirit Guide." It was awesome. I have both collections.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I might start imagining how a barbarian would respond to whatever trivial shit I'm dealing with...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
ishy
Duke

Post by ishy »

Latest Powernap - taunting death:
Gary Gygax wrote:The player’s path to role-playing mastery begins with a thorough understanding of the rules of the game
Bigode wrote:I wouldn't normally make that blanket of a suggestion, but you seem to deserve it: scroll through the entire forum, read anything that looks interesting in term of design experience, then come back.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

That Conan help series is great
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Strong Female Protagonist
http://strongfemaleprotagonist.com

About a superhero who figures out that beating up criminals doesn't sold any of the underlying structural problems that cause crime.

Also, Erfworld seems to be updating on a regular schedule again, has a buffer and an art team.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

http://itsthetie.com/
not many, but i got some good chuckles out of some of them.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Blade
Knight-Baron

Post by Blade »

@hyzmarca: Thanks for SFP, I really enjoy it. :)
erik
King

Post by erik »

Blade wrote:@hyzmarca: Thanks for SFP, I really enjoy it. :)
+1. I binged it all ysterday.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Powernap is awesome. I wish it had an actual update schedule, though.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Penny Arcade has the best explanation of the whole "attack the weak spot" trope in video games-