Tome PBP on Brilliant Gameologists

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Tome PBP on Brilliant Gameologists

Post by Prak »

ad thread
Alright, I've got a game worked up involving a Mad Chirurgeon, and since it's hell trying to get my RL group together, I figured I'd do up an online game.

I would prefer 4 people, but I might be willing to take more. I will allow anything from the Tome Pdf 0.6 Build 23, or waiting to be included:
Flurry of Blows
Intelligent Fighter
Improved Natural Weapons (AKA Eleven Testicles)
Master of Submissions
Spell Focus
Bottomless Magic
Timeless Magic
Stealth Magic
Elemental Mastery
Mountaineer
Super Jump
Mystic
Architect
Delver
World Traveller
Historian
Local Color
Environmentalist
Feral Spirit
Regal
Undead Hunter
Profound Presense
Cosmologist
Scholar
Multi-Weapon Fighting
Jack of all Trades
Ghostly Visage
Trickery
Banter
Coward
Cerebral Assassin
Deific Attention
Ki Shot
Lifecrafter
Mental Weaponry
Painmonger
Sky Scraper
Spirit Pressure
Evocation Focus
Necromancy Focus
Conjuration Focus
I can allow other sources on a case by case basis, just ask.

I'm thinking 1st, maybe second level.

Do a standard character app with name, class, description, and some background.

Some particularly obscure rules (prcs, feats, spells) will be rewards that must be earned through exploration and roleplay, I have several I plan to include, and if someone has something specific they'd like to pick up at some point, they can let me know I'll work it in to the best of my abilities.

Lastly, there will be several references and influences for many parts of this game and I will give rewards for people who get the reference. People can pm with guesses and if multiple people guess correctly, I will give multiple prizes.

Assuming we have a group together by christmas, there will be a short RP thread to "celebrate" involving presents for players.

any questions?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
ZER0
Journeyman

Post by ZER0 »

How do I apply?
Absentminded_Wizard wrote:
4e PHB, p. 57 under "Target" (bolding mine) wrote:When a power’s target entry specifies that it affects you and one or more of your allies, then you can take advantage of the power’s effect along with your team-mates. Otherwise, “ally” or “allies” does not include you, and both terms assume willing targets. “Enemy” or “enemies” means a creature or creatures that aren’t your allies (whether those creatures are hostile toward you or not). “Creature” or “creatures” means allies and enemies both, as well as you.
Yes, according to 4e RAW, you are your own enemy.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

you go on the brilliant gameologists forums, and just say you want to play. there's a link at the top of the OP.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.