One More Try On The Paladin Fix

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Oh, sorry - by "jumper", I meant "user of teleportation for direct combat purposes", a.k.a. those guys that blink around. My earlier point was that those are extremely screwed by bastion of hope - but they're rare (possibly nonexistent in official material, not sure) enough as to not make the ability overpowered.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
ZER0
Journeyman

Post by ZER0 »

I figured that, since I made a condensed skill list for the Ranger, I may as well do it for the Paladin.

Class Skills: Awareness (Wis), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Knowledge (political) (Int), Knowledge (the planes) (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Speak Language (-).
Skills/Level: 4 + Intelligence modifier.

For reference, Knowledge (political) covers the following former skills.

Knowledge (history)
Knowledge (nobility and royalty)
Knowledge (religion)
Absentminded_Wizard wrote:
4e PHB, p. 57 under "Target" (bolding mine) wrote:When a power’s target entry specifies that it affects you and one or more of your allies, then you can take advantage of the power’s effect along with your team-mates. Otherwise, “ally” or “allies” does not include you, and both terms assume willing targets. “Enemy” or “enemies” means a creature or creatures that aren’t your allies (whether those creatures are hostile toward you or not). “Creature” or “creatures” means allies and enemies both, as well as you.
Yes, according to 4e RAW, you are your own enemy.