The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
maintenance on images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zherog
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: maintenance on images Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For a brief period this morning (starting now and for about the hour or so) most smilies will be unavailable. I'll post again when they're done.

I'm helping fbmf out with some back-end maintenance on the system.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Zherog
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK - all the smilies that were on the Old Den should now be here, with the same codes. In addition, any codes that existed here should be mapped to one of the old images.

Several smilies have alternate codes in the database. For example, any of the following codes:

Code:

:tongue:
:p
:P
:-p
:-P

Will give this image: Sick Smilies that have alternate codes should only appear in the list once. So, for example, clicking on the tongue smilie in the top right corner will give you

Code:
:tongue:

in your window. But any of the others will work if you type them in.

If anybody sees any problems with the images, please let me know by posting here. For example, if there's an image from Old Gaming Den that still isn't working, I need to know about it.

I will take requests for new images, too. However... those are subject to fbmf approving them, and I'd like to wait a week or so before dropping them into the database.

There'll be some other back-end maintenance type stuff taking place this weekend. So if you see something bizarre, it's probably me fucking things up.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Crissa
King

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Colon capital-P should be Sick not Tongue.

That's the most annoying of the smilie transcription errors.

-Crissa
Zherog
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just tried it on the Old Den, and colon capital-P didn't produce anything before. Therefore, it's not a transcription error, but rather one of preference.

If there are other things that are transcription errors, though, I really would like to know about those. You sort of implied there were others, at least, by saying this was the most annoying.

Last edited by Zherog on Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zherog
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that sounded a lot pissier than I intended. Let me try again, before it causes problems.

I don't think the colon capital-P thing is a transcription error, because it didn't produce anything before. I'm completely OK with changing it if that's what fbmf wants.

If there are other things people think are transcription errors, I absolutely want to know about them so I can get those fixed.

Zherog
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Colon Capital-P now produces Sick

Crissa
King

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It didn't produce anything before because there wasn't a Sick for awhile.

I didn't mean it was your transcription error, just that is was an error that peeved me.

-Crissa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: