maintenance on images

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Zherog
Knight-Baron

maintenance on images

Post by Zherog »

For a brief period this morning (starting now and for about the hour or so) most smilies will be unavailable. I'll post again when they're done.

I'm helping fbmf out with some back-end maintenance on the system.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

OK - all the smilies that were on the Old Den should now be here, with the same codes. In addition, any codes that existed here should be mapped to one of the old images.

Several smilies have alternate codes in the database. For example, any of the following codes:

Code: Select all

:tongue:
:p
:P
:-p
:-P
Will give this image: :P Smilies that have alternate codes should only appear in the list once. So, for example, clicking on the tongue smilie in the top right corner will give you

Code: Select all

:tongue:
in your window. But any of the others will work if you type them in.

If anybody sees any problems with the images, please let me know by posting here. For example, if there's an image from Old Gaming Den that still isn't working, I need to know about it.

I will take requests for new images, too. However... those are subject to fbmf approving them, and I'd like to wait a week or so before dropping them into the database.

There'll be some other back-end maintenance type stuff taking place this weekend. So if you see something bizarre, it's probably me fucking things up.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Colon capital-P should be :sick: not :tongue:.

That's the most annoying of the smilie transcription errors.

-Crissa
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

I just tried it on the Old Den, and colon capital-P didn't produce anything before. Therefore, it's not a transcription error, but rather one of preference.

If there are other things that are transcription errors, though, I really would like to know about those. You sort of implied there were others, at least, by saying this was the most annoying.
Last edited by Zherog on Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't fix stupid.

Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

that sounded a lot pissier than I intended. Let me try again, before it causes problems.

I don't think the colon capital-P thing is a transcription error, because it didn't produce anything before. I'm completely OK with changing it if that's what fbmf wants.

If there are other things people think are transcription errors, I absolutely want to know about them so I can get those fixed.
You can't fix stupid.

Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Colon Capital-P now produces :P
You can't fix stupid.

Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

It didn't produce anything before because there wasn't a :sick: for awhile.

I didn't mean it was your transcription error, just that is was an error that peeved me.

-Crissa