Force Mage

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Bigode wrote:Mostly fair, but I think the fire mage was not intended to be used with Rapid Shot.*
Come now that's a silly argument of not originally being intended to do something. There are many unintended archetypes that are currently being used out there.

The flask Rogue, The TK wizard, The DFA Inspire courage Bard, and others are crazy things that are just not intended. I gave you three valid uses that aren't even in crazy town territory. They can be used to go into crazy town territory but most anything can as well.

ALso another point, who the fvck cares if the fire mage was intended or not to be used with Rapid Shot or not. No offense to Keith or Frank. I have the utmost respect for both of them. They have more talent, skill, and hidden secrets** than I possess. They are savants in this field and in their fields as well. But they are only two men. They may be giants in the field but I don't think their intended use should even fvcking matter too much. I don't mean throw it to the wayside. I just mean that if someone has an alternate use for the class then give it the same weight as what Frank or Keith would give it.

* Italicized emphasis mine
** Hidden Secret 1: picture a dank dark cave and inside as the camera slowly pans in, you see a a flock of bats fly into the screen and out and then there is a gigantic computer screen with a forum screen on it. Batman sits there and types furiously and creating endless revisions and creations of roleplaying systems. He has assumed the name FrankTrollman on the internet these days. sometimes he just wants to invent a device that'll let him punch someone over the internet and then leave a calling card that just screams "I'm the GOd-Damn batman." His reason for doing this is very simple. It is the same reason that Batman does anything. His parents are dead.
~~
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

virgileso wrote:That would surprise me greatly, to see Frank actually not take into account the existance of a feat that's in the PHB.
Context. Consider (not saying I'm sure, just that I consider it likely): it's post-RoW and Orion (who requested it) was using Tome warriors (which almost surely means also Tome feats).

Cynic: what I mean's that the fire mage seems to have been designed for an environment where Rapid Shot doesn't exist at all. The category of "unintended" you mention is retardation pure and simple, and totally not what I'm talking about. Note: F&K themselves said they (in general) support people using unforeseen stuff, but when the element literally didn't exist, that's another matter, right?
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.