Random Thought: Combining Feats

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Psychic Robot
Prince

Random Thought: Combining Feats

Post by Psychic Robot »

I was considering this because I was thinking of Pathfinder's feat system: you get a feat every other level instead of one every three levels. Now, while I'm a fan of giving players more options with their characters, getting all those feats down on paper can be a hassle.

Instead of giving players extra feats, what if one combined feats? For instance, you could start out with Dodge and it would automatically segue into Mobility and Spring Attack at a certain level.

This would, in effect, give the players more feats. My only thought is: "What if the player doesn't want to Spring Attack?" That is where splitting the feats up seems to be a benefit.

So...erm...what say you?
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Well some feats branch off into different trees of feats. Some feat trees are suck now and be good later (ex Endurance tree) while others get diminished returns (ex Two Weapon fighting). Some just plain suck all around (ex Weapon spec/focus tree).

Also what you are suggesting is still pretty much going to be the same kind of hassle except now it is on a fixed path.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

This is very much the direction we took feats with Races of War.

-Username17