Mainly for Koumei: animated objects...

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Amra
Knight

Mainly for Koumei: animated objects...

Post by Amra »

So there was a comment made here about defeating Dryads and thus having to spend five rounds wailing on an animated chair. This made me smile. So much so, that I actually did, as threatened, run the party in last night's session up against a farmhouse full of soft furnishings.

I'll spare everyone the extended campaign background stuff and just say this: it was totally hilarious and reminded me how much good it can do everyone to throw in a sho-'nuff comedy session every so often :)

Some favourite moments:

(Opening the encounter)

* Me: "As though suddenly imbued with a life of its own, the chair that you're sitting in suddenly spills you off and collapses on top of you, pinning you to the floor..."
Player: Aw crap, the farmer shops at IKEA?!

* Ultimate Magus blasts a bunch of cushions: "Ha! Yes!"
His wife (playing a Beguiler/Cleric): "So, you think you are strong because you can survive the soft cushions? We shall see..." [1]

(A few minutes later, the UM player sees his opportunity)

* "Biggles! Get her OUT of the Comfy Chair!" [2]

* Guy playing the Sacred Fist looks glumly at his d20 roll and says in morose tones: "I bet curtains aren't subject to critical hits, are they?"
Me: "Nope".
Him: "And stunning that sofa isn't going to work either, is it?"
Me: "Nope".
Him (muttering viciously): Fucking Laura fucking Ashley...

I don't know why that was so funny, it just was :D

Anyway, a good time was had by all - which is, of course, the point of the whole damn exercise - so thank you Koumei for randomly inspiring me :)

[1] Which is really only going to mean anything to you if you're a Monty Python fan.
[2] Yeah, that too.
Last edited by Amra on Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Thank you. I'm glad it turned out to be so much fun, and a reminder of why 3E is still totally awesome and 4E is not.
JonSetanta
King

Re: Mainly for Koumei: animated objects...

Post by JonSetanta »

Amra wrote: * Me: "As though suddenly imbued with a life of its own, the chair that you're sitting in suddenly spills you off and collapses on top of you, pinning you to the floor..."
Player: Aw crap, the farmer shops at IKEA?!
Ugh. Oh. Ah. I know all too well. Took me a minute to remember.
IKEA 'sittable' furniture has a tendency to either fold under, break, bend, or simply topple from bad balance.
Best joke, IMO.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.