Redirecting Attacks

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Calibron
Knight-Baron

Redirecting Attacks

Post by Calibron »

So I was just thinking, it's a pretty common thing for a hero fighting robot drones or whatever to either use one of their severed blaster arms to shoot down his enemies or to basically hijack one of them and direct all its blasts to kill his enemies while simultaneously using it as a shield; I also thought that it's a less common, but even more cinematic and cool thing for a hero to grab a fire(or whatever) breathing enemies head or horns or whatever and swivel their head so the creature hits its allies instead of his friends, or at least just misses his friends and makes the creature waste its time.

As is we can get pieces of this oft used trope/cliche/whatever, in the Tomes through the Grab On grapple option, and in a very limited way from Combat Looting's lvl 11 ability, but I was thinking we should have some kind of mechanical option for redirecting or controlling an enemy's powers in this manner for Tome games and for TNE. For Tome material I was thinking about some kind of grapple centric feat that maybe I could cook up myself, and for TNE, well, I guess we should just add that to the list of things we want characters to be able to do(unless I'm just way off base here).
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I think that's a rather cool trope, and the ability to do so (with more or less guaranteed success against mooks, less so against level-appropriate enemies) would be a good inclusion.