Spamming?

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

SphereOfFeetMan
Knight-Baron

Spamming?

Post by SphereOfFeetMan »

Hello fbmf.

Jerry has certainly created threads that have spawned interesting debate. I know it is true that for the most part, as long as a thread is interesting, it shouldn't be considered spam, and shouldn't be counted against a posters maximum "quota."

However, for my own information, and for anyone else interested, is there a general or hard limit on how many threads constitutes spamming?

The following thread is why I ask:

http://www.tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?p=54834#54834
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Jerry
Knight

Post by Jerry »

I assume that spamming is when someone repeatedly posts the same thread over and over, or threads that have nothing to do with the forum (off-topic, soliciting, etc.). If what I'm doing is spam by Fbmf's standards, I'll stop.

However, I don't consider posting very frequently "spam," as long as the posts are on-topic.
Last edited by Jerry on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

As of now, we have no number of posts per unit of time that is offically the SPAM standard.

What Jerry is doing isn't hurting my feelings all that much. As long as he is playing nice and the posts are on topic, I'm good with it.

Game On,
fbmf
SphereOfFeetMan
Knight-Baron

Post by SphereOfFeetMan »

Ok. Thanks for the quick reply.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Jerry
Knight

Post by Jerry »

SphereOfFeetMan wrote:Ok. Thanks for the quick reply.
And thanks for your concern, Sphere.