Web sites that makes us laugh, cry, or both

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Blade
Knight-Baron

Post by Blade »

http://www.penisland.net

SFW, but it's worth reading the text and paying attention to the logo.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Hey, I've got that as my website in my profile!

I'm so glad that penisland is getting the exposure it deserves.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

That website is VITAL to teaching young students the value of spaces between words. I have used it on at least three kids. Works every time. ;)
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I guess this is where this goes?

So, SCP turned their logo rainbow, or something, for Pride Month.

4chan/reddit homophobes got all offended, and created their own SCP ripoff, the RPC Authority:
Because creativity is not their strongsuit

But...that's not all, because...

OF FUCKING COURSE THE SYMBOL IS A TECHED UP VERSION OF A NEO-NAZI GROUP SYMBOL.

However, the hilarious thing is their rules:

Neo-nazis from SCP have created their own SCP-rip off safespace.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

I haven't been to SCP in a while, so I missed that. I'm going to have to go throw a few hours of my life away opening tab after tab of entries...

So, what the fuck is the homophobe's plan? They're going to create their own SCP clone, and spend countless hours writing a bunch of (probably shitty) articles about supernatural things that likely rip off SCP?

I guess I'd say "cool", and let them leave and start their own insular community. Hopefully, since SCP is pretty well established, Google puts hits for that type of thing higher, and RCP remains a fairly tiny, stagnant group of assholes.
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

Prak wrote:OF FUCKING COURSE THE SYMBOL IS A TECHED UP VERSION OF A NEO-NAZI GROUP SYMBOL.
So? SCP the fictional organization isn't exactly Medecins Sans Frontieres, they're an unaccountable militant conspiracy that routinely purges its staff and at least one of the characters who run it is a neo-Nazi.
Prak wrote:However, the hilarious thing is their rules:

Neo-nazis from SCP have created their own SCP-rip off safespace.
This makes sense. They don't want their (international) creative community to get involved in (Amerocentric) real-life politics and champion (a selection of) IRL causes. Did SCP put up a sign to support (e.g.) the Irish abortion referendum?

That said, neo-Nazi evaporation is always good.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

To be fair, one of the SCP admins did "pre-emptively" ban a lot of people for the assumption that later they would say racist/sexist/transphobic things. Said admin was removed from his post rather quickly once it was investigated, but good luck convincing people of that.

That being said, it wasn't like SCP wasn't shit to begin with. I'm not sure that making a new one with a veiled neo nazi symbol as the logo would make it not shit.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I mean, fair point about SCP in-universe.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.