Web sites that makes us laugh, cry, or both

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
ishy
Duke

Post by ishy »

Huh, higher income tax for the wealthy but income is distributed extremely evenly with practically no difference?
Gary Gygax wrote:The player’s path to role-playing mastery begins with a thorough understanding of the rules of the game
Bigode wrote:I wouldn't normally make that blanket of a suggestion, but you seem to deserve it: scroll through the entire forum, read anything that looks interesting in term of design experience, then come back.
nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

ishy wrote:Huh, higher income tax for the wealthy but income is distributed extremely evenly with practically no difference?
Every communistic policy I implant tends to fuck up the economy a bit more. Sadly, I believe it's possible this site is some kind of free-market propaganda.
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Planned economies just start out really low compared to free-market ones. They grow with some patience.

Proof.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
tussock
Prince

Post by tussock »

I allowed euthanasia, so life expectancy fell a little, healthcare spending fell, average incomes went up a bit, and the economy shrank slightly, people are happier on average, so ... that all makes sense and is also a bit sad.

CIVIL RIGHTS LOVEFEST. You want to smoke pot until you die? Go right ahead, but please allow the state to guarantee the highest quality of both experiences. If only I could figure out how to raise taxes for a little less need for the big needle.
PC, SJW, anti-fascist, not being a dick, or working on it, he/him.
ishy
Duke

Post by ishy »

tussock wrote:I allowed euthanasia, so life expectancy fell a little, healthcare spending fell, average incomes went up a bit, and the economy shrank slightly, people are happier on average, so ... that all makes sense and is also a bit sad.

CIVIL RIGHTS LOVEFEST. You want to smoke pot until you die? Go right ahead, but please allow the state to guarantee the highest quality of both experiences. If only I could figure out how to raise taxes for a little less need for the big needle.
I honestly don't understand why allowing euthanasia would lower life expectancy in any noticeable way.
Gary Gygax wrote:The player’s path to role-playing mastery begins with a thorough understanding of the rules of the game
Bigode wrote:I wouldn't normally make that blanket of a suggestion, but you seem to deserve it: scroll through the entire forum, read anything that looks interesting in term of design experience, then come back.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

I had one of those once.

I was given the option to outlaw clothes.

I took it.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

The only real criteria for a NationStates issue getting accepted into the rotation is that different options come with benefits and tradeoffs of some kind (though since there's not any kind of multiplayer related to your actual nation it doesn't need to be at all balanced) and that issues with options which come with unexpected consequences are favored. Note that nowhere in there do the unexpected consequences have to make any sense. It's totally fine if passing one law causes your nation's cultural taboos to shift drastically overnight.
TiaC
Knight-Baron

Post by TiaC »

I think this is the right thread for this?

http://newsthump.com/2016/10/27/destruc ... horcruxes/
virgil wrote:Lovecraft didn't later add a love triangle between Dagon, Chtulhu, & the Colour-Out-of-Space; only to have it broken up through cyber-bullying by the King in Yellow.
FrankTrollman wrote:If your enemy is fucking Gravity, are you helping or hindering it by putting things on high shelves? I don't fucking know! That's not even a thing. Your enemy can't be Gravity, because that's stupid.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Hiram McDaniels
Knight

Post by Hiram McDaniels »

nockermensch wrote:http://www.nationstates.net/

See I feel like your mistake is trying to make a nation that actually works.

I made a left-wing utopia and a corporate police state just to see who far I could stretch either idea. If I tried to make a place that actually worked I would probably crashfail hard.
The most dangerous game is man. The most entertaining game is Broadway Puppy Ball. The most weird game is Esoteric Bear.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

This game is fun, I made a country emphasizing preservation of nature, spirituality, education, and compulsory military service.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=zebonia

I got various telegrams to move my nation, I guess there's a PvP or cooperative aspect to this too depending on how wartorn the regions are?
Last edited by OgreBattle on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hiram McDaniels
Knight

OgreBattle wrote:This game is fun, I made a country emphasizing preservation of nature, spirituality, education, and compulsory military service.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=zebonia

I got various telegrams to move my nation, I guess there's a PvP or cooperative aspect to this too depending on how wartorn the regions are?
Yeah. There's a troll group that's trying to install a puppet delegate to the WA apparently. I decided to join with my corporate police state and undermine them from the inside.
The most dangerous game is man. The most entertaining game is Broadway Puppy Ball. The most weird game is Esoteric Bear.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

So what exactly happens if I support someone on a council or move to a region?

I just got a telegram from Nazis:
✠ Nazi Europa is a Fascist region dedicated to the destruction of Leftism within Nationstates and beyond. All Right-Wing Ideologies are welcome; including Third Positionist ideologies.
✠ Rather take the fight directly to the Left instead of beating your head against the wall debating them? NE has an internationally infamous military. Noted for causing chaos and destruction all over Nationstates. The NE Military has been hardened through years of constant conflict with the Left.
✠ NE's founder is a UH-60 Blackhawk Crew Chief in the United States Army. Many members inside of NE are either active duty or veterans from many countries all over the world. (US, Poland, Lithuania, Germany, Russia)
✠ Join our Discord Server and participate in one of our many discussions about politics, history, modern events, and many other topics. Discord is an offsite chat medium and thus is out of the reaches of game rules. The real discussions go down there.
✠ NE operates as a Meritocracy. Positions are available to those demonstrating exceptional loyalty, ability, activity, and integrity. Anyone can earn their way into the top and a seat among the Elite.
Unfortunately they were not "lets roleplay the grimdarkness of the recent past there is only waaar" Nazis but "Just give fascism a chance!" IRL Nazis.
Last edited by OgreBattle on Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hiram McDaniels
Knight

OgreBattle wrote:So what exactly happens if I support someone on a council or move to a region?

I just got a telegram from Nazis:
✠ Nazi Europa is a Fascist region dedicated to the destruction of Leftism within Nationstates and beyond. All Right-Wing Ideologies are welcome; including Third Positionist ideologies.
✠ Rather take the fight directly to the Left instead of beating your head against the wall debating them? NE has an internationally infamous military. Noted for causing chaos and destruction all over Nationstates. The NE Military has been hardened through years of constant conflict with the Left.
✠ NE's founder is a UH-60 Blackhawk Crew Chief in the United States Army. Many members inside of NE are either active duty or veterans from many countries all over the world. (US, Poland, Lithuania, Germany, Russia)
✠ Join our Discord Server and participate in one of our many discussions about politics, history, modern events, and many other topics. Discord is an offsite chat medium and thus is out of the reaches of game rules. The real discussions go down there.
✠ NE operates as a Meritocracy. Positions are available to those demonstrating exceptional loyalty, ability, activity, and integrity. Anyone can earn their way into the top and a seat among the Elite.
Unfortunately they were not "lets roleplay the grimdarkness of the recent past there is only waaar" Nazis but "Just give fascism a chance!" IRL Nazis.
I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out if there's actual pvp in that game, or if it's all just roleplay.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Due to a quirk of the region system, there is PvP in the game. Regions are the guilds of Nationstates, and the "PvP" is gaming the system for electing guild leaders in such a way as to take over a region against the will of the original members. Since it was such a popular pastime, rather than making this impossible, the game's creator just patched in some systems to make it optional.

By default, a region's founder is the permanent ruler and has all mod tools, but you can (permanently) change it so that whoever has the most regional influence becomes the leader, with regional influence being gained over time depending on what proportion of other nations in that region have given you an endorsement. In a region where the leader is determined by influence, all mod actions cost some, especially removing a member. So a raid is when a whole bunch of nations join the nation at the same time and endorse their chosen leader, hoping to use weight of numbers to overwhelm the current leader's ability to expel the raiders and make their chosen leader the ruler of the region, with enough influence to expel enough of the original members without losing the leader seat back to one of the original members.

So it's about what you'd expect if someone saw early 2000s style griefing rampant in their game and decided to call it a feature instead of a bug. It's interesting only for the small handful of people on either side who end up with mod powers long enough to use (or decide not to use) them, while everyone else just provides an endorsement to their chosen leader and that's the end of it. The only reward is wrecking someone else's guild so they have to go and make a new one, which is why you will sometimes see a region that will talk about how they used to be a different region before their leadership and 80% of their membership switched to a new one, sometimes multiple times (usually this happens when a region turns on regional influence because they like how the system works as an ad-hoc election for moderator and then they get targeted for a raid and have to form a new region).
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Oh so population and military stats don't actually matter. I'd rather not do PvP and focus on creating my ideal nation then
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

So there was a bathroom crisis in my country and I went for the option of making bathrooms genderless.

STuff like employment, weaponization, and nudity went up. I figure some stats are affected by how issues are decided but do some stats just randomly fluctuate regardless of choice?

----

Boy/Girl Scouts group asked for govt help, a military advisor proposed making it mandatory for kids so I did so (already have mandatory military service). Result was...

Eco-Friendliness
Dolphin Recycling Awareness Index 32.9%

Pacifism
Cheeks Turned Per Day 13.5%

Public Education
Edu-tellignce® Test Score 5.2%

Environmental Beauty
Pounds Of Wildlife Per Square Mile 3.4%

Taxation
Effective Tax Rate 2.3%

Sector: Manufacturing
Gooback-Jerbs Productivity Index 1.7%

Tourism
Tourists Per Hour 1.6%

Culture
Snufflebottom-Wiggendum Pentatonic Scale 1.5%

Government Size
Bureaucratic Comprehensiveness Rating Scale Index 1.2%

Weather
Meters Of Sunlight 0.90%

Lifespan
Years 0.75%

Safety
Bubble-Rapp Safety Rating 0.73%

Scientific Advancement
Kurzweil Singularity Index 0.67%

Intelligence
Quips Per Hour 0.66%

Human Development Index
Human Development Index 0.46%

Economic Output
Battles 0.38%

Average Income
Battles 0.32%

Employment
Workforce Participation Rate 0.30%

Crime
Crimes Per Hour 0.36%

Weaponization
Weapons Per Person 3.8%

Charmlessness
Kardashian Reflex Score 4.4%

I wonder if a more athletic populace results in lower weaponization
Last edited by OgreBattle on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Last edited by koz on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

From #GOPDnD

Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

This is the best one
PC: A spider laid eggs inside my body and I need to get them out before they hatch
DM: You'll need the spider's permission first
Schleiermacher
Knight-Baron

Post by Schleiermacher »

I was kind of partial to
GOP: Without magical wards-
DM: The skies grow dark with the beating of tremendous wings.
GOP: -the Dragon will self-regulate.
But you're right, the spider one is probably the best.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

My favorite (from here)...
"I cast Detect Evil."

"There's no evil here. Only alt-good."
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

This one's pretty good, too-
DM: The Obamacare Dragon steps from the cave.
GOP: I slay it.
*rolls a 3*
DM: A miss.
GOP: I give up.
DM: The dragon saves the town.
#GOPDnD
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.