Problem with mail server response codes?

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

K
King

Problem with mail server response codes?

Post by K »

So I got a personal message, but every time I tried to respond I got some kind of message like "cannot get mail server response codes."

WTF?
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

When I sent mine, I got that, and they still got to their destiny. But yeah, weird.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I will look into it.

Game On,
fbmf
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

I just got the same for posting here, instead of actually sending a PM.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Ramnza
Associate Fence Builder

Post by Ramnza »

We emailed Neil and we're waiting for his reply.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Bigode wrote:I just got the same for posting here, instead of actually sending a PM.
My hunch would be somebody has subscribed to the thread and requested an e-mail when a post is made. That'd explain why the error popped up while posting to a thread.

Unfortunately, I have no answers as to the root cause of the problem; we'll have to wait for Neil on that one.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Thanks, people.
Shatner
Knight-Baron

Missing Thread?

Post by Shatner »

I tried to PM fbmf and got the same error message. As such, I'm just going to post my message here.

Hello fbmf. Two or so days ago I started a thread in My Humble Opinion called "Where do you post? Where did you post?" I can't find that thread anymore in any of the various boards nor through the search interface. Do you know what happened to it?

Thanks in advance,
Shatner
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I got your message even though you got the nasty-gram from the server.

Your thread is in MPSIMS.

Game On,
fbmf