Video Games

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

And then Nintendo ruined Bayonetta by including her in Babby Brawl.

I wouldn't want a Platinum Metroid: it'd either change Metroid into something it isn't meant to be by focusing on Samus' ass, or it'd be a Platinum game that isn't what it's supposed to be, by not focusing on her ass. The only available option is to not have them make it. Maybe just go back to side-on sprite-based (or polygons but still side-on if you're feeling lazy, I understand that it's less work when you're a big company that knows how to make 3D models) and with a huge game world to explore?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

I dunno, I like Bayonetta in Sm4sh. Her Final Smash is SHIT, though.

I think that, as long as Team Ninja don't get the game, then there is no possible way that the new Metroid could be as bad as epic dumpster fire that was Other M.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Koumei wrote:And then Nintendo ruined Bayonetta by including her in Babby Brawl.

I wouldn't want a Platinum Metroid: it'd either change Metroid into something it isn't meant to be by focusing on Samus' ass, or it'd be a Platinum game that isn't what it's supposed to be, by not focusing on her ass. The only available option is to not have them make it. Maybe just go back to side-on sprite-based (or polygons but still side-on if you're feeling lazy, I understand that it's less work when you're a big company that knows how to make 3D models) and with a huge game world to explore?
Wait, you mean you don't play Metroid to get Samus to show as much of her ass on the ending as possible?

On the other hand Platinium games would add grinding over grinding, so nevermind that. I don't want to collect fifty Ridley's asses just to get the next beam upgrade.
Shrapnel wrote:I dunno, I like Bayonetta in Sm4sh. Her Final Smash is SHIT, though.

I think that, as long as Team Ninja don't get the game, then there is no possible way that the new Metroid could be as bad as epic dumpster fire that was Other M.
"Metroid Prime 4: Federation Forces!"

I kid, I kid, but I would still like to know what the fuck Nintendo's devs were smoking when they decided to make a Metroid game without Samus after years of no Metroid game.
Last edited by maglag on Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

maglag wrote:
Shrapnel wrote:I dunno, I like Bayonetta in Sm4sh. Her Final Smash is SHIT, though.

"Metroid Prime 4: Federation Forces!"

I kid, I kid, but I would still like to know what the fuck Nintendo's devs were smoking when they decided to make a Metroid game without Samus after years of no Metroid game.
It was still better than whatever they wuz smokin' when they made Other M, because at least you could play Fed Force without wanting to die painfully.

Other M is the Chrono Cross of video games. The only other game that comes close to being as bad is Star Wars Battlefront 2016.
Half asleep upon my knee
maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Chrono Cross is in a completely different level of suckitude on my humble opinion. At least Other M has the excuse that it was Nintendo's first attempt of giving Samus a personality. The whole "silent badass solo hunter" from previous games was simply a direct interpretation of gameplay. So I'm willing to justify it as simple failure from attempting to do something they had never tried before.

However Chrono Cross was supposed to be the sequel to a game filled with plenty of detailed characters, and then shits all over them and fails to produce any new proper characters, while having no excuse whatsoever because they already had shown to be able to do it right.
Last edited by maglag on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Chrono Cross is the most misguided but in terms of malfeasance and pure fail it's tough to beat Alien: Colonial Marines.
bears fall, everyone dies
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

maglag wrote:Chrono Cross is in a completely different level of suckitude on my humble opinion. At least Other M has the excuse that it was Nintendo's first attempt of giving Samus a personality. The whole "silent badass solo hunter" from previous games was simply a direct interpretation of gameplay. So I'm willing to justify it as simple failure from attempting to do something they had never tried before.

However Chrono Cross was supposed to be the sequel to a game filled with plenty of detailed characters, and then shits all over them and fails to produce any new proper characters, while having no excuse whatsoever because they already had shown to be able to do it right.
Actually, Metroid: Fusion gave her a personality first, and it DIDN'T turn Samus into a love-struck school girl stuck in an abusive relationship.

But I personally believe that both Other M and Chrono Cross are objectively the same equal levels of badong, and that deciding which one is worse ultimately comes down to personal preference.
Whipstitch wrote:Chrono Cross is the most misguided but in terms of malfeasance and pure fail it's tough to beat Alien: Colonial Marines.
I've never heard of it, myself. How bad was it?
Last edited by Shrapnel on Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Half asleep upon my knee
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

So so bad.
The Trailer had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the delivered product . .
Kind of like the MW5 Trailer and MWO <.<
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Shrapnel wrote:I've never heard of it, myself. How bad was it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPk7gllRZm4
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

And here is the same person, with all of his friend, actually playing it so you can see for yourself: it's really that bad
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

It was so much different and worse than the trailer had made it seem that there was actually a lawsuit about that.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

bears fall, everyone dies
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Holy shit, is that really what the game looks like? For 2012? That's fucking hilarious!

That alone might make the game worse than Other M.
Half asleep upon my knee
icyshadowlord
Knight-Baron

Post by icyshadowlord »

I despise Other M, but few things are as horrible as Aliens Colonial Marines (which I assume that gif is from).
"Lurker and fan of random stuff." - Icy's occupation
sabs wrote:And Yes, being Finnish makes you Evil.
virgil wrote:And has been successfully proven with Pathfinder, you can just say you improved the system from 3E without doing so and many will believe you to the bitter end.
Hadanelith
Master

Post by Hadanelith »

That gif is from A:CM, yes. It also has some horrible dithering and compression. No, the game doesn't look *that* bad, but it's still not nearly as pretty as we were lead to believe it would be.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I just got the Necro pack for Diablo 3. I don't know if it was worth $15. The class is fun though. And I'm pretty sure that they tweaked the drop rates since I last played, my intended build was complete in less than 30 hours, plus I had the other 3 class sets by then, I have characters that I played for 60+ hours that only have one or two pieces of one class set.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Zaranthan
Knight-Baron

Post by Zaranthan »

Here's some footage in glorious 720p, also showing off the unfathomably bad AI:

https://youtu.be/UGX2WE4QUw8?t=1m42s

Give it a good 40 seconds for the full effect.
Koumei wrote:...is the dead guy posthumously at fault for his own death and, due to the felony murder law, his own murderer?
hyzmarca wrote:A palace made out of poop is much more impressive than one made out of gold. Stinkier, but more impressive. One is an ostentatious display of wealth. The other is a miraculous engineering feat.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

So, Mega-Maker is going to be a thing, it seems.

Now before you panic, don't worry: Capcom haven't remembered Mega-Man exists, so it's not a sign of the apocalypse. This is a fan thing. Obviously, this means there could be a C&D in the future (pending Capcom remembering Mega-Man exists and thus recognising their IP in this).

But it's 2 days from release, and even if it is taken down before then, it's a free toolkit so they'd lose nothing by "having it somehow be accidentally leaked onto the web", even if it's not downloadable through their site.

Looks good. But honestly, shame on Capcom for not having already made this. In a sensible universe it'd be a day 1 "you can buy it on the same day as the console" release for the Switch (replacing a $70 remake of Super Street Fighter 2, which would instead just not be released), helping pave the way for it to make its niche as the creative console for ___-maker games.
Last edited by Koumei on Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiseman
Duke

Post by Wiseman »

There's a Zelda maker somewhere.
Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Kingdom Hearts.
RadiantPhoenix wrote:
TheFlatline wrote:Legolas/Robin Hood are myths that have completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a bow".
The D&D wizard is a work of fiction that has a completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a book".
hyzmarca wrote:Well, Mario Mario comes from a blue collar background. He was a carpenter first, working at a construction site. Then a plumber. Then a demolitionist. Also, I'm not sure how strict Mushroom Kingdom's medical licensing requirements are. I don't think his MD is valid in New York.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

They're gonna get shut down fast
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Yeah, Capcom hate the idea of people having fun. Who ever would have imagined that in 2017 they'd be rated amongst some of the biggest [EDITED] in gaming? For that matter, who would have imagined that Rockstar would be there alongside them?
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

So.
Somebody gifted me Aven Colony on steam.
And i will probably end up refunding it.
Because it is a horribly broken piece of software.
No frame limiters where needed.
Abyssmal performance elsewhere.
Black lines dancing across the screen like shadows.
German localized text does not fit into the windows and the sentences just stop when they run out of space to render in.
Also hard crashes to desktop after a few minutes of playing.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

A.) Some mad bastard made a VR MOD for Alien: Isolation . . yeah, no, fuck that noise!

B.) I just watched my favourite Streamer and Youtuber play "What remains of edith finch". THAT was a hauntingly strange experience . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Aand the Civ 6 Summer Update broke my game it seems.
Even after a clean reinstall i can not start it without it crashing to desktop seconds later <.<
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Ikeren
Knight-Baron

Post by Ikeren »

I'm playing Path of Exile. It's a Diablo 2 remake that is FTP-ish. It's very aRPG, it's very diablo 2, and I'm enjoying it immensely.