Video Games

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Also I didn't realize that I was going to have sex with one of the robobrains in Far Harbor, but dammit I'm standing by that decision.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

How do you fuck a cylinder on treads?
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Archmage Joda
Knight

Post by Archmage Joda »

With protection, firstly.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

It's a bit of old news, but still.

This year is scheduled the release of Pathologic 2 - a remake of the great game Pathologic that was released in 2005 and poorly translated to english in 2006. Pathologic is a game about three healers who battle the plague in a small town. It's designated as Survival Horror, but really there's not much horror in the classical sense.
Anyway, I highly recommend the game. You can check out a free pre-alpha demo here and get Pathologic Classic HD on Steam. Pathologic Classic HD features redone translation and HD graphics.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Shrapnel wrote:How do you fuck a cylinder on treads?
That was my first question, unfortunately it went all "fade to black" so I do not have any answers.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Probably some sort of access port that is semi wired into the brains remaining pleasure centres.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Those chaps at General Atomics think of everything.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Fallout: New Vegas had Fisto the Sexbot, remember?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Fisto was made by Robco though. Totally different scenario.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

that and his name has fist in it
bears fall, everyone dies
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Did you try it? How is it?
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Korwin wrote:
Did you try it? How is it?
You get a power called Gigaton Blast at one point.

This is a completely accurate description.

Most games just call something a gigaton attack, without really thinking about what that means. This game lets you accidentally vaporize a major metropolitan area in the normal course of gameplay. This isn't even a limited use special power. It's just something that you can casually do as much as you want.
Last edited by hyzmarca on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

I dunno. What I'm seeing doesn't look like it's worth $16. It's basically just an FPS where missing is penalized. The basic premise is cool, but without actually interesting gameplay it's going to get old pretty quick (or, I guess, a compelling story, but I'm not holding my breath on that one either).
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Chamomile has the gist of it. It's an incredibly awesome framework that is being massively under-utilized. It is the sort of game that will leave you sad for what it could be instead of excited for what it is. Buy it on the cheap, because it's probably something worth experiencing. Keep an eye on the developer, because they are sitting on an engine with the potential to become a game no one has ever successfully made before.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Fallout 4 mod question: anyone know of any good companion tracker mods? The vanilla one that comes with Vault Tech workshop is excellent at tracking Ada and useless at tracking anyone else. I also know that a lot of people have this issue but no one has a solution that I have found.
Hadanelith
Master

Post by Hadanelith »

Haven't used it meself (I haven't actually booted the game in ages), but I understand Amazing Follower Tweaks does this job (and a billion others) quite well.

https://rd.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26976
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I'll cautiously try that, I'm already running Better Companions.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

From what I've heard from backer beta participants Pillars of Eternity 2 sounds like a real turd. They apparently doubled down on 4e style per encounter bullshit and nerfed the ever living shit out of casters. In a further bid to making characters staid and boring as possible the "Devoted" subclass is apparently the strongest thing going and that's just literally a Fighter who gives up all but one proficiency in exchange for a fat bonus.
bears fall, everyone dies
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Dawn of War 3 is now officially dead.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

You're being awfully generous for considering it was ever alive beyond a microtransaction simulator.

Sad/Funny thing is that the first dawn of war was pretty good and had so much potential. They could've just kept adding shinier graphics and moar units/factions and the fanbase would've been pleased. But nope, dawn of war 2 was a CoH reskin, and then dawn of war 3 was some moba abomination.

Steam page going red with negative reviews.

Now here's hoping Relic does not screw up Age of Empires 4.
Last edited by maglag on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.
Hadanelith
Master

Post by Hadanelith »

Are you high? Dawn of War 1 was a Company of Heroes reskin. Directly. Dawn of War 2 was a weird small unit tactical RPG thing (which was fun, don't get me wrong, but it was a very different direction). Dawn of War 3 seems to be trying (and failing) to have some of both.
That said, what happened that DoW3 is dead *now*? I honestly haven't heard much of anything about it since release.
Blicero
Duke

Post by Blicero »

Hadanelith wrote:Are you high? Dawn of War 1 was a Company of Heroes reskin. Directly.
For your consideration. Pay careful attention to the release dates.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer ... awn_of_War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Company_of_Heroes
Last edited by Blicero on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Out beyond the hull, mucoid strings of non-baryonic matter streamed past like Christ's blood in the firmament.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

@Hadanelith
Player count has gone way below what even DoW1 with Soulstorm Expansion still has on steam.
And they have decided to cut their losses, stop producing any and all new stuff for DoW3 and isntead move the ressources to other projects.
And that, in my eyes, pretty much spells death to a game.

I liked DoW1, i liked DoW2 even better.
I have DoW3 in my Steam Library and have yet to actually load it up even once.
The main thing i did not like about DoW1 and 2 was the fucking campaign map.
And the fact that you had to do exactly the same things, no matter who you were playing as and against at any one time . .
For fucks sake, they did not even make the spawn points fixed, so if you play a certain map as Speech Marines and the AI is Orkze, then you play as Orkze and the AI is now the Speech Marines, you still start in the same spot and the AI is in the same spot as well . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

maglag
Duke

Post by maglag »

Blicero wrote:
Hadanelith wrote:Are you high? Dawn of War 1 was a Company of Heroes reskin. Directly.
For your consideration. Pay careful attention to the release dates.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer ... awn_of_War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Company_of_Heroes
Thanks!

Dawn of War 2 was the CoH reskin. Motherfucking 3-men devastator squads with a single heavy bolter and a predator tank suddenly is a max tier unit.
Stahlseele wrote: The main thing i did not like about DoW1 and 2 was the fucking campaign map.
And the fact that you had to do exactly the same things, no matter who you were playing as and against at any one time . .
For fucks sake, they did not even make the spawn points fixed, so if you play a certain map as Speech Marines and the AI is Orkze, then you play as Orkze and the AI is now the Speech Marines, you still start in the same spot and the AI is in the same spot as well . .
Winter Assault had a pretty boss campaign where you first decided as order (humies+eldar) or chaos (orkz+kayos), then in the second to last mission everybody was fighting but had their own objective as they raced to capture a titan and you had to decide which one to support, and then depending on which objective you completed you would play a different scenario for the last mission.

Also quite enjoyed the Chaos Rising traitor mechanic where your most corrupt party member turns out to have been working kayos all along and fights you in a boss battle.
Last edited by maglag on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FrankTrollman wrote: Actually, our blood banking system is set up exactly the way you'd want it to be if you were a secret vampire conspiracy.