Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

erik
King

Post by erik »

Stahlseele wrote:Trailer for THOR: RAGNAROK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQVXIPVRbCU
DO. NOT. WANT! -.-
That's ok. I will want it twice as hard to make up for you.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

why? ._.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

It looks like they're going full Kirby on this one.
Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

hyzmarca wrote:It looks like they're going full Kirby on this one.
Did Kirby hate both Thor and Hulk's fans? Because that trailer takes a big piss on both fandoms.
erik
King

Post by erik »

I'm neither a hulk nor thor fan from their comics, mostly just the movies. So whatever piss is being taken doesn't bother me.

I enjoy Chris Hemsworth, and I can always do for more Idris Elba and Tom Hiddleston. I really dug Immigrant Song for the trailer. Of the various recent Marvel movies I felt like the first two Thors were the weakest, and this one looks like it is trying to be a lot more fun, which I think is a good direction. I laughed at Thor's line about his friend from work.

Jeff Goldblum... dunno bout that casting choice, I think he'd have made a decent CGI Mojo tho. Anywho, his presence suggests more silliness than seriousness. So I'm still down.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

The director's a funny guy from New Zealand so looking forward to it.

He also tweets funny:
https://twitter.com/TaikaWaititi/status ... 2862127104

The new Thor should be a good comedy
takes a big piss on both fandoms.
Thor's been through worse, didn't he get depowered and just drank and complained all the time recently

And Hulk has been raped at least once.
Last edited by OgreBattle on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Dogbert wrote:
Did Kirby hate both Thor and Hulk's fans? Because that trailer takes a big piss on both fandoms.
Kirby wanted to kill Thor, and all of the Asgardian gods, in an epic war story. Marvel wouldn't wouldn't let him. Which is why he created the New Gods. But DC wouldn't let him kill the New Gods either.

Oh, but the aesthetics.
]Image
Look at those walls. Look at those helmets.

Honestly, I love Thor and Hulk and the trailer is just awesome.
OgreBattle wrote: And Hulk has been raped at least once.
Attempted rape in the YMCA, but those guys decided that raping the Hulk would be a bad idea. Then there is encounter with Umar, where she basically magically forced him to pleasure her.
Last edited by hyzmarca on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

Dinosaur conducts Jurassic park theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp4khRB0T7g
Last edited by Ancient History on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

hyzmarca wrote:
OgreBattle wrote: And Hulk has been raped at least once.
Attempted rape in the YMCA, but those guys decided that raping the Hulk would be a bad idea.
Wait wait waitwaitwait wait. Hulk was raped at the Young Men's Christian Association? The hell?

e: Also, all the background extras in that still look like Power Rangers villains, especially the dude on the far right.
Last edited by Shrapnel on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Dogbert wrote:
Not a Marvel comic fan, so enlighten me: How so?

Game On,
fbmf
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

erik wrote:I'm neither a hulk nor thor fan from their comics, mostly just the movies. So whatever piss is being taken doesn't bother me.
agreed. This looks fun. Bad things happen when these films take themselves seriously.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

https://youtu.be/lIES3ii-IOg
Read the manual.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

fbmf wrote:
Dogbert wrote:

Game On,
fbmf
Because it offends his delicate sensibilities, duh.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

Darth Rabbitt wrote:https://youtu.be/lIES3ii-IOg
Read the manual.
This video came with a minute-long unskippable ad for me.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

fbmf wrote:
Dogbert wrote:

Game On,
fbmf
Because that trailer is basically a very changed scene from World War Hulk.
Which was NOT a Thor Story. It had Beta Ray Bills in it instead.
And catching, enslaving, shearing and making Thor a slave soldier gladiator . . yeah . . sure . . that is bent to go over well with the Thor Fans . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

I needed something silly: Batmetal Returns
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

fbmf wrote:Not a Marvel comic fan, so enlighten me: How so?
They're basically turning both the Ragnarok and Planet Hulk/World War Hulk story arcs into a teaser for Infinity War.
Longes
Prince

Post by Longes »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EZCBSsBxko

If only Netflix paid for the Shadowrun license :(
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Longes wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EZCBSsBxko

If only Netflix paid for the Shadowrun license :(
Oh my god YES! THAT would be so fucking awesome!
But this is pretty close and also:
What the hell, how and why did Smith manage to actually get into a good movie (at least from the trailer) again?
I like him as an actor, but i thought with the after earth and suicide squad he'd be burned o.O

Or if we are dreaming already:
can you imagine what netflix could do with the BATTLETECH license?

Or hell, WH40K?
Last edited by Stahlseele on Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

My brother worked on this animated episode of "Adam Ruins Everything" - which is a timely takedown of the Colombus myth.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3MJoKhO9G1g
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Dude! That's awesome! That's my son's favorite show.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

The dumbest thing you'll hear all day. I don't care what day it is.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

From now on I'm going to use that argument as much as possible.

"Hey, you shouldn't take so many ketchup packets. Leave some for others."

"Well, Archie Meedeez, Newton and Edison never mentioned anything about it, so I'll take as many damn ketchups as I please."
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."