angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

DSMatticus wrote:That trailer looks dumb.
You went too far in analysis when one single line tells you everything you need to know about how hard the movie is going to suck, and it boils down to three words:

"WAAAAAAAAAAAH MUH HUMANITY!"

That subtext alone tells me the screenwriter doesn't understand transhumanism, cyberpunk, or Motoko, one bit. The movie is a shallow Hollywood attempt at another Aeon Flux.

P.S: Yes, I get VERY bitchy when talking sci-fi, and even more so cyberpunk, and twice that for transhumanism.

Last edited by Dogbert on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shatner
Knight-Baron

Post by Shatner »

A plank of the Republican strategy leaked (old but topical 30 Rock clip).
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ok, so there are youtube builders like the Aussie who has an entire shed workshop and makes functional replicas of pop culture weapons that I'm pretty sure violate Australian weapon laws, but he's clearly a professional who knows what he's doing, for all his dicking around.

And then there's this guy, who has a home made laser cutter in his tiny apartment and probably shouldn't be allowed to operate a hammer
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

And then, there is this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/user/colinfurze

If you haven't been otherwise introduced to the crazy brit before.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Stahlseele wrote:And then, there is this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/user/colinfurze

If you haven't been otherwise introduced to the crazy brit before.
I thought Furze was Australian?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Nah mate, born and bred in britain.
Colin Furze (born 1979) is a plumber, stuntman, inventor, filmmaker, and YouTuber from Stamford, Lincolnshire, England.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Huh, I stand corrected. Furze is the professional I was talking about.

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Ah, i see.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

DEADPOOL 2 Teaser Trailer (2018)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4tFNfROlqk
Oooh yeah . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

The summary of "Old Man and the Sea" at the end was hilarious.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

The KinoCheck 'Looks good, leave a like' bit as he's stripping down in the phone booth added something.

The graffiti and posters were also nice, though I wonder how many people are going to read into various things.
Shrapnel wrote:The summary of "Old Man and the Sea" at the end was hilarious.
Did you pause it and read? 'Cuz I don't remember Old Man and the Sea like that. Especially not the crazy-weird shark dicks or inevitable interspecies weddings.
Last edited by Voss on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

Well, I never read the actual novel, but I did read the summary in the trailer, and now I can call myself an expert on Melville.
Last edited by Shrapnel on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

erik
King

Post by erik »

I think that wandered into creepy territory since most of it is her just rustling around without saying anything. Or so I presume that that constitutes most of it, as I skipped ahead in 5 minute intervals because I couldn't believe the thing lasted 27 min.

It did amuse me in the comments that the vid creator clarifies that it is a wild pikachu that she's treating, not a trained one. Almost as much amusement as the comment "i swear i've seen someone who looks just like you and is also called nurse joy".
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

DP2 Trailer
I liked the name graffitied onto the booth.

@erik
Never seen any wapanese cosplay vids eh?
They are basically all like that.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

If a video has ASMR in the title, it's going to wander into creepy territory.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

I'm not much for fighting games, and I mostly think Injustice is dumb as paint, but damn if this video of the Flash showing off his moves didn't make me laugh multiple times. It gets a little boring in the middle, but at ~50 seconds his ultimate starts and it is crazy awesome.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Trailer for THOR: RAGNAROK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQVXIPVRbCU
DO. NOT. WANT! -.-
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote: