The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Youtube videos that make us Laugh, Cry, or Both
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Longes
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Russian android for assistance in space
OgreBattle
King

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nuts
https://twitter.com/tetsu_0114_bass/status/782252893365637120
Ancient History
Invincible Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Boondocks - Riley's Fuck You Speech

I miss this show.
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ancient History wrote:
Boondocks - Riley's Fuck You Speech

I miss this show.

Season 4 was garbage.
angelfromanotherpin
King

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Star Wars toilet prank.
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uCEeCUecNI

Music Genre: Video Games
Wiseman
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aoq36hCndrE

Happy Halloween!

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Stahlseele
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUtG93BebJ4
So, first GITS Movie Trailer with Scarlet Johansen.
Carefull optimistic or RUINED?
erik
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stahlseele wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUtG93BebJ4
So, first GITS Movie Trailer with Scarlet Johansen.
Carefull optimistic or RUINED?

I was really hoping she'd be Batou. It looks cool and seems like she would do well with her Black Widow chops. Still, I wish Hollywood didn't whitewash everything.
Stahlseele
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why were you hoping for HER to be BATOU? O.o
erik
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stahlseele wrote:

Ha ha, well, not that she's a great Batou, just that I think it would be more challenging and she's probably up for it. As soon as I saw her though I was dreading another whitewashing, and figured it would be a sweet twist if it were instead a gender swap like Battlestar Galactica's Starbuck (which I think worked awesomely).
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

erik wrote:
Stahlseele wrote:

Ha ha, well, not that she's a great Batou, just that I think it would be more challenging and she's probably up for it. As soon as I saw her though I was dreading another whitewashing, and figured it would be a sweet twist if it were instead a gender swap like Battlestar Galactica's Starbuck (which I think worked awesomely).

She would make a garbage Batou. no part about a small hyper attractive woman fits any part of Batou's style, personality, or place in the story. In fact, it would undermine several of Batou's actual purposes, which are to contrast against the Major.
Sigil
Knight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not optimistic, the dialogue in the trailer was just bad.
angelfromanotherpin
King

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was hoping for an epic Scream-style bait-and-switch, where Johansson played the Major for the opening sequence, and then they switched out that body model for an Asian actress who'd take the role for the rest of the movie.

Oh well, at least Johannson gets to continue rubbing her action-star career in the face of every executive who refuses to give Black Widow a solo movie.
Stahlseele
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seeing how whiteish the characters in the GITS Universe are anyway . .
I mean, come on, Batou looks like a borderline albino most of the time <.<
DSMatticus
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That trailer looks dumb.

So, right away you can tell they're going for a different aesthetic. GITS has always hovered somewhere between grounded in reality and bleakly industrial, but the live action film is clearly going for big, bold, and flashy. That robogeisha hangout is absurdly modern. I won't count that against the movie generally, but it's worth pointing out.

Then Scarjo takes off her coat, and we're treated to an outfit that is somehow even stupider than the one the major already wears. Are you fucking serious? Look, I generally make a lot of room for the rule of cool, but... 1) the rule of cool does not apply here because that looks fucking stupid, and 2) the character wearing that outfit is essentially an on-duty SWAT operative. Where the fuck is she keeping her gear, even basic shit like extra magazines? She has more pockets in her casual streetwear outfit! What the hell!

Generic slow-mo fight choreography, hurrah. God this scene is abysmal. Look, I'm generally fine with absurd gun kata. GITS actually has quite a few scenes - including the episode they're borrowing from with this robogeisha stuff - where cyborg badasses deliver beatdowns to people with guns. But there are also plenty of scenes - again, including the episode they're borrowing from with this robogeisha stuff - where cyborg badasses remember that guns have an effective range larger than a couple meters and use them that way. And I can't actually think of a lot of scenes where characters act like their gun has the effective range of a sword and deliberately charge people just so they can... shoot them harder?

You can even see that the goon in the back during the OMGEPIC!!1! wall-run cut has his gun pointed at Scarjo the entire time and instead of pulling the trigger just stumbles backwards lamely and waits to be shot because... well, it'd ruin the scene if he pulled the trigger, wuddn't it? Ultimately, I think slow-mo "look at what we can do with wires and CG" was completely the wrong approach for this film. You want the action to be fast and violent and it'd be nice if it made some semblance of fucking sense.

Robo-Scarjo scene, where they're building her or whatever - that's incredibly uninspired. I get what they are going for, and it's not a bad thing to go for, but visually it just falls flat. Cyborg innards can and should be a lot cooler looking than that, your CG guys need to get their shit together. The dialogue over top of it is somehow even worse. "You're the first of your kind, but you're not invulnerable." GEE, THANKS DOC. I THOUGHT THAT BECAUSE I WAS MADE OF PLASTIC AND METAL THAT I WAS IMPERVIOUS TO ALL HARM. YOU KNOW, LIKE A SPORK. "Maybe next time you can design me better." SHUT THE FUCK UP SCARJO YOU'RE JUST MAKING THINGS WORSE.

"Everyone around me, they feel connected to something... something I'm not..." aaand cut to bleak cyberpunk alley, focus camera on lady with strange chrome facepaint. That's definitely what I think when I think humanity's interconnectedness. I'm getting mixed signals here, movie. You are dropping vaguely philosophical concepts and then convincing me that maybe you're going to handle them with all the grace and thought of a freshman hopped up on redbull pulling an all-nighter on a philosophy 101 essay.

"You were dying. We saved you, and now you save others." I cringed, movie. You made me cringe.

Mediocrity all around.
Voss
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, this looks terrible. The characters and voices are wrong, the characterizations are worse (the Major is stoic, not Waangsty). The not-nude cheap plastic look is awful (and she's a damn soldier, for fucks sake, who carries quite a bit of kit)

And the CGI action scenes are expected, yet as always, still absurdly dull.
Leress
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RIP Devil courtesy of Bob Ross
Stahlseele
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

https://youtu.be/AjXr9Nj5ZbI
Paths of Hate. Very well done.
erik
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SNL Hillary persuading an elector.

It won't happen, but at least I'm seeing the idea in public media now. Too late though. McKinnon is just getting better and better at HRC. *sigh*
Wiseman
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J71UiodBOIc&index=44&list=PLvD_DVMGPYa-MOEqgqPYa1tMOeXlOZ8w2

Star Wars: Mortal Kombat

Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NSFW Happy Tree Friends-esque holiday animation- https://www.facebook.com/maurice.gajda/videos/1405511782794999/
(video contains animated dicks, violence, scatological elements)

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:
In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.

Last edited by Prak on Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Josh_Kablack
Prince

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh Tannenbaum is German MeTAL!!!!
erik
Prince

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not youtube, but video...
https://www.twitch.tv/seebotschat

There's some trainwreck quality of watching two voice-chat bots talk to each other.
Josh_Kablack
Prince

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Homemade full auto crossbow: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tbKGjRoSofA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> MPSIMS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 60 of 63

Jump to: