Moderator: Moderators

SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

Post by SunTzuWarmaster »

I used to be Southern Baptist!
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

SunTzuWarmaster wrote:I used to be Southern Baptist!
I applaud you! It's hard to kick a bad habit.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

I'm still grappling with my spirituality.

Trying to be an Atheist who was Roman-Catholic is hard.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

A self-flagellating atheist?

Sounds pretty normal, really ^-^

-Crissa
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

try being a satanist who used to be a roman-catholic....
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Talisman
Duke

Post by Talisman »

Animist.
It's actually quite convenient. When inanimate objects annoy me, I can blame them directly.

*stub* "OW! You damn rock! Why'd you attack my toe? Take that!" *kick*
MartinHarper wrote:Babies are difficult to acquire in comparison to other sources of nutrition.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

yeah, that's one of the things I like about it.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I have a nasty habit of punching things that I smack in to while walking of moving.

One time I bit myself while eating, and I punched myself in the jaw. That was less than productive.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Talisman wrote:Animist.
It's actually quite convenient. When inanimate objects annoy me, I can blame them directly.

*stub* "OW! You damn rock! Why'd you attack my toe? Take that!" *kick*
Except that you attacked it in the first place, and then again for ... being a helpless victim. :P
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Koumei wrote:Even when I believed in a huge invisible sky fairy who hates us all and will destroy us but also loves us and needs our money, I still wouldn't have believed that crap.
what? god?

JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Prak_Anima wrote:
Koumei wrote:Even when I believed in a huge invisible sky fairy who hates us all and will destroy us but also loves us and needs our money, I still wouldn't have believed that crap.
what? god?
Which one?
Talisman
Duke

Post by Talisman »

"Life in Lubbock, Texas taught me two things. One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the most awful, dirty thing on the face of the earth and you should save it for someone you love."
--Butch Hancock
MartinHarper wrote:Babies are difficult to acquire in comparison to other sources of nutrition.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

sigma999 wrote: Which one?
Jehova of the Christian (Protestant/Catholic - I don't see there being enough of a difference to care. I didn't care then and I don't care now) religion.

Some of the others are much cooler about things. Odin, for instance, is significantly more random, but he's a pretty cool guy. If I could just actually believe in his existence, that'd be pretty sweet.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Koumei wrote:
sigma999 wrote: Which one?
Jehova of the Christian(s)
Oh. That prick.

But yes, Odin is cool.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, Odin was a great little warongering bastard, I personally preferred Loki when I was asatru.

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Maddox wrote a little bit about Odin in his book "Alphabet of Manliness." He described Odin as "The patron saint of rearranging your face,"
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Prak_Anima wrote:Yeah, Odin was a great little warmongering bastard, I personally preferred Loki when I was asatru.
Same.
Talisman
Duke

Post by Talisman »

Loki rocks. The rest of the Norse gods were right bastards plenty of times, but Loki was, at least, true to himself.

I once printed up a T-shirt that said "What Would Loki Do?"
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Talisman wrote: I once printed up a T-shirt that said "What Would Loki Do?"
I want that shirt!
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

One friend of mine was once concerned about his relationship, so he decided to consult his Tarot deck. It basically said, apparently, to watch out for treachery from those close by. He tried another Tarot deck, pretty much the same thing. So I offered to use the runes, getting Odin's input on the matter.

It could be summed up as "What they said, but throw an axe at him."

Now, I don't believe in anything, and didn't then, but figured it could help him gain insight simply by the runes/cards being attached to keywords that would make him think, but at any rate, his housemate did end up with his girlfriend. I still find it funny that the Tarot cards hinted at the problem, whereas the runes proposed violence as the solution.

Because let's face it. When you're a Viking, what doesn't violence solve?
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Violence is not the answer, but the question.

The answer is 'yes.'