List of Frank & K Tome threads

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Bigode
Duke

List of Frank & K Tome threads

Post by Bigode »

Last edited by Bigode on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Where is the paladin that Frank posted? I've been trying to find that line he used to describe the average person for a while to show my players, but I can't find it.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Here. Unfortunately, it's not the whole class, but it does have those quotes.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Another random question:

I really like the Skill Feats in the compilation PDF. Is there a skill feat already written for Autohypnosis? If not, I'll write one (not soliciting help), but if one exists I'd like to see it.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
RiotGearEpsilon
Knight

Post by RiotGearEpsilon »

I don't believe there is one. Autohypnosis is definitely ripe for a feat, though; it's a weird skill that doesn't fit that elegantly in to the system, very niche, and a feat can give it a proper purpose.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

If such a skill existed, it would be a piece of shit which you should not even acknowledge.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

I don't know the details, but Autohypnosis really sounds like it should just be an application of the Concentrate skill.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:I don't know the details, but Autohypnosis really sounds like it should just be an application of the Concentrate skill.
Now that you mention it, "Autohypnosis" sounds like a good Concentration skill feat.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Done.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
Seerow
Duke

Post by Seerow »

CatharzGodfoot wrote:
angelfromanotherpin wrote:I don't know the details, but Autohypnosis really sounds like it should just be an application of the Concentrate skill.
Now that you mention it, "Autohypnosis" sounds like a good Concentration skill feat.
No way is it worth a feat. Unless the term "skill feat" has some connotation/meaning I'm aware of.

It would make a decent skill trick, but ultimately it seems like it'd be easiest to just make it an innate part of the concentration skill. The value really isn't worth enough to make any sort of extra cost to get it necessary.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Lol, that only took a year to reply, heh. I've already written the Autohypnosis feat (and made it quite a bit better than it was previously), I';; post it in It's My Own Invention within the next week or so (posting stuff I've written piece-meal as I find it. I need to organize my backup hard drive).
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=52667

If anyone is at all interested, the Autohypnosis [Skill] feat is in the 7th post of the linked thread.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Psuedomental Being refers to something called Elemental Bodied, what is this from? found it. Could taking Infusion of Elemental Essence count?
Last edited by Prak on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Shatner
Knight-Baron

Re: List of Frank & K Tome threads

Post by Shatner »

Didn't there used to be links to the different Tome threads in this thread? If so, I'm sure not seeing 'em here.

After the forum came back online (big thanks to Zherog et al.), I wanted to go take another look the Tomes and haven't been able to.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Yeah, Bigode's first post and some number of posts after it are mysteriously missing.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Whatever Jr.
Apprentice

Post by Whatever Jr. »

Posts with the old whisper tags are currently set to hidden, per Zherog.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Whatever Jr. wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:21 pm
Posts with the old whisper tags are currently set to hidden, per Zherog.
If it used the whisper tag, it'll be easy for me to restore. So fingers crossed that's what it is. In the meantime, though, I'm gonna toss a temporary lock on this thread just in case it's something else.

I want to try to look at this today, but it may not be until tomorrow. I'll unlock as soon as I have it sorted out.

--Z :z:
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

All fixed, so unlocking now
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson