The Gaming Den Forum Index The Gaming Den
Welcome to the Gaming Den.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google
 Search WWW   Search tgdmb.com 
Report Bugs Here!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthulhu
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Report Bugs Here! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Searching for 'shadowrun' in all forums reports no hits, which is patently a lie, but TNE actually returns a thread.

Is the search index still rebuilding or something?
Surgo
Duke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not just you. PhpBB search is notoriously crap.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the Last Post column on the front page, it only says who posted last. Could it be set so that it shows which post was last modified?
KauTZ
1st Level

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All the stickies in IMHO have indentation problems. It is slightly mitigated by the fact that everything is split up by separate posts, but it's still really weird. Also, the first post's paragraph titles are super small in all the stickies.
neilhuiz
1st Level

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Report Bugs Here! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

cthulhu wrote:
Searching for 'shadowrun' in all forums reports no hits, which is patently a lie, but TNE actually returns a thread.

phpBB indexes posts when they are created. We inserted data directly in the database, so no index was created for old posts. Once the site is indexed in Google, we can change the search to use Google's site search.
neilhuiz
1st Level

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fbmf wrote:
In the Last Post column on the front page, it only says who posted last. Could it be set so that it shows which post was last modified?

You can feel free to look up a MOD using the mod database on phpbb.com. If one exists, I can install it.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uhm...in English?

Sorry.

Game on,
fbmf
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php?i=misc&mode=display&contrib_id=3284
what you're talking about?

Sorry, I am not an IT guy.

EDIT: This one looks kewl also:
http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php?i=misc&mode=display&contrib_id=1663

Game On,
fbmf
neilhuiz
1st Level

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fbmf wrote:
Is http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php?i=misc&mode=display&contrib_id=3284
what you're talking about?

Sorry, I am not an IT guy.

EDIT: This one looks kewl also:
http://www.phpbb.com/mods/db/index.php?i=misc&mode=display&contrib_id=1663

Game On,
fbmf

That's what I meant. The first one (username in viewtopic) is not likely to work because it is vor version 3.0. We are running 2.0.22.

I'll see what I can do about installing the admin userlist mod, though.

[EDIT] Install went just fine. You now have a nice user listing in the admin panel (last link on the left).
cthulhu
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Report Bugs Here! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

neilhuiz wrote:
cthulhu wrote:

phpBB indexes posts when they are created. We inserted data directly in the database, so no index was created for old posts. Once the site is indexed in Google, we can change the search to use Google's site search.

Argh, that is.. painful. Is there any way to retroactively index the old posts?
Cynic
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Report Bugs Here! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

neilhuiz wrote:
cthulhu wrote:

As a side, that's a effin weird Database indexing system.

I guess it's easier to index based off of the timecode primarily rather than indexing it off of subject matter? Trying to see this from a coder's pov.
cthulhu
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/434

That proclaims to allow you to rebuild the tables for the search tool - would it be possible to get this to fly?
neilhuiz
1st Level

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

cthulhu wrote:
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/434

That proclaims to allow you to rebuild the tables for the search tool - would it be possible to get this to fly?

We can either use that, or install a MOD that adds a google search box to the site.

As a note, running the script you linked would take a very long time as it loads every post, one at a time, and then throws it to the standard search indexer. This indexing is usually done when a post is created so that there is a little hit every time you post, rather than a large hit at one time.
// guaranteed to be random
}[/code:1]
Surgo
Duke

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd much rather have the Google search than phpBB's crappy built-in search.
CKentavr
NPC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The password dialog says it emails me, but no email ever shows up.

Is your outgoing mail server configured correctly? If I recall, it defaults to pointing at the local address instead of the actual IP for trackbacks. If that's so, my mail server will refuse the mail. (Which is RFC)

Aside from that, my email address should work.

-Crissa
Maj
Prince

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fbmf can reset your password so that you can log in and edit your own account.
CatharzGodfoot
King

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I try to quote I get a redirect to the index. It could just be my browser setup playing badly with the way phpBB redirects.
cthulhu
Duke

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Surgo wrote:
I don't know about anyone else, but I'd much rather have the Google search than phpBB's crappy built-in search.

Google never seems to hit all the posts on a subject, try searching the old den for 'shadowrun' you don't get all the hits.
Fwib
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Give people both to choose from?
Maxus
Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It makes me log in every single time when I try to post (despite me clicking the 'stay logged in' button, and sometimes it blocks a post and says "Invalid session. Please resubmit form."

So...what gives?
Zherog
Knight-Baron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Log in, then specifically log out. That should remove your cookie. Then, log in and try again.

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend clearing cookies to see if physically deleting it helps.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Count Arioch the 28th
King

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Had some issues with that, clearing the cookies seemed to have fixed the issue.
Crissa
King

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Annoying: phpBB stores what threads have been visited locally instead of on the server.

That really makes it pretty useless, as every time I switch from computer to computer to read, the threads are marked 'unread' or 'read' by whatever was read on that computer.

It also uses a double redirect and eventually goes to the first post of the day, often meaning it sends me to the same post more than several times.

Is there any way I can just disable this function?

-Crissa
Prak
Serious Badass

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that's odd, because I don't have that problem...

Winnah wrote:
No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

FrankTrollman wrote:
In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Crissa
King

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's odd, because it happens here.

What are you doing differently? Do you log in each time separately?

-Crissa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Gaming Den Forum Index -> About the Gaming Den All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: