Report Bugs Here!

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Okay, set and ...oh,. it's set.

Hmm. Also, only one phantom post. I wonder if anyone deleted a post earlier?

-Crissa
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

One last test :P

-Crissa

Bah.
Last edited by Crissa on Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Okaaaay... :P

-Crissa
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Okay, when I use quick reply, my setting isn't noted, but at least it's checked at the bottom if I use the full-reply option now.

It was not before.

-Crissa
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

Crissa wrote:Okay, when I use quick reply, my setting isn't noted, but at least it's checked at the bottom if I use the full-reply option now.

It was not before.

-Crissa
I rarely use quick reply so I don't know what would happen in that case :confused: :confused:

SO let's try doing this post as a quick reply and see if the above smileys show up. If they don't then we know that the mod just has some limitations built into it that only work when the specific disable smiley check box is checked in the post window. Quick Reply probably doesn't have that option.

EDIT UPDATE: So it seems as though the "disable smiley" option doesn't work in quick reply. Not the end of the world but it's good to know.
Last edited by Cynic on Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Crissa wrote:You say that, but I did.

Why do you say I did not?
I say you didn't because if I click on "edit" for your post, the "disable smilies in this post" option is not checked.

At least it's been narrowed down to quick reply. So it seems if you want to use quick reply and insist on turning off smilies, you'll need to make your post, then edit it to check the box for disabling smilies.

Frankly, Crissa, the attitude you gave Neil and I makes it very difficult to want to help you. Just sayin'...
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Frankly, the attitude you gave me was rude. You didn't lift a finger to even understand that even given the not-quick post reply option, no smilies was not checked autmatically.

In fact, it wasn't letting me check the damn box. Which was annoying.

-Crissa
Last edited by Crissa on Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[The Great Fence Builder Speaks]
Both of you drop it. Now.
[/TGFBS]
TarkisFlux
Duke

Post by TarkisFlux »

The URL tag/parser bug has popped up a few times now, but hasn't yet been reported. So here ya go:

Links without parentheses, like Test or www.fakelink.com work just fine.

Code: Select all

[url=www.fakelink.com]Test[/url]
www.fakelink.com
Links with parentheses, like Test or www.fakelink.com/test_(2009).asp fail when they hit the first ( character.

[url=www.fakelink.com/test_(2009).asp]Test[/url]
www.fakelink.com/test_(2009).asp
.... Although apparently they work in Code boxes... I did not know that until I previewed this.

Anyway, just wanted to point it out.
The wiki you should be linking to when you need a wiki link - http://www.dnd-wiki.org

Fectin: "Ant, what is best in life?"
Ant: "Ethically, a task well-completed for the good of the colony. Experientially, endorphins."
Heath Robinson
Knight

Post by Heath Robinson »

And if you encase them in URL tags, your posts disappears.

Like so www.fakelink.com/test_(2009).asp
Face it. Today will be as bad a day as any other.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

That's pretty cool.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

I got an e-mail on March 29 from TGD automated mailer saying that I have a new message sent to me via the GD PM system.

However, I don't have any new mail, and I'm well under max capacity for my inbox (16% in use right now).

I'm not even sure who sent it, so I don't know what to tell the person who messaged me.
Last edited by Judging__Eagle on Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Was me, about your misreading on the light/dark thread. Guess I intended to tell you to edit a post so that I deleted my reply; don't recall the exact details, as I deleted it once you replied on the thread (and thus I couldn't delete anything). So, no longer relevant. But my Inbox was even close to full at one point or another, and hasn't had any problem for months ...
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Bigode, did you delete the PM? That's certainly a possible explanation - if you deleted it after the e-mail but before JE read it.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

I'm sure it was at least 24 hours after I sent, possibly 2 or more days, but yeah, I did, and sure, that's a possible explanation if he didn't log in meanwhile.

That said, I find it hilarious that the sender might have control of the message even after sending. :D
Last edited by Bigode on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

That's how email and usenet worked, back when there were few enough nodes to have authoritative servers in the network.

-Crissa
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Bigode wrote:That said, I find it hilarious that the sender might have control of the message even after sending. :D
The sender has control up until it's been read. At least, I'm pretty sure. If you'd like, send me a PM; I'll post when I get the e-mail but won't actually read the PM. Then you can go delete it and we'll see what happens.
You can't fix stupid.

Heath Robinson
Knight

Post by Heath Robinson »

Bigode wrote:That said, I find it hilarious that the sender might have control of the message even after sending. :D
It's a good feature implementation based on user feedback. You can send a PM then realise "crap, I typoed" and edit the typo out before they read it. Clearly, however, the ability to edit it after they've read it is bad because PMs get read once, and once only. Updates to the information in the PM are lost after they read it, so the system may as well remove the bad option and force you to send a correction PM.

They can also delete PMs you've received, and letting you edit a PM that has been "deleted" means that your edit falls into a black pit whilst making you think that your correction has made it through to the other user.
Last edited by Heath Robinson on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zeruslord
Knight-Baron

Post by zeruslord »

Threads have mysteriously switched from being marked as new until I read them to being marked as read when I stop browsing, whether or not I've actually visited them. I'm not sure if this is a deliberate change or not, but it is a pain in the ass.
Heath Robinson
Knight

Post by Heath Robinson »

zeruslord wrote:Threads have mysteriously switched from being marked as new until I read them to being marked as read when I stop browsing, whether or not I've actually visited them. I'm not sure if this is a deliberate change or not, but it is a pain in the ass.
That's been a standard behaviour of PHPbb for quite a while now.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

For me, whether this browsing mark happens or not means that some things remain new while in this session despite having read it.

-Crissa
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Yep. I also get to see the same post as new numerous times. For example, there's a good chance that if somebody else posts in this thread after me, clicking on the "New Post" link will take me to zeruslord's posts.

This is among the reasons I'd like to (someday) upgrade to 3.0. In my experience, these problems don't come up in 3.0.
You can't fix stupid.

Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

TarkisFlux wrote:The URL tag/parser bug has popped up a few times now, but hasn't yet been reported. So here ya go:

Links without parentheses, like Test or www.fakelink.com work just fine.

[url=www.fakelink.com]Test[/url]
www.fakelink.com
Links with parentheses, like Test or www.fakelink.com/test_(2009).asp fail when they hit the first ( character.

[url=www.fakelink.com/test_(2009).asp]Test[/url]
www.fakelink.com/test_(2009).asp
.... Although apparently they work in Code boxes... I did not know that until I previewed this.

Anyway, just wanted to point it out.

I tried this just an hour ago with a link to a wikipedia article for about 30 minutes before almost punching a hole through the wall.

So after realizing I get angry for futile shiite. Let's try this in a different manner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_(comics)
The Boys

Both are probably not going to work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_(comics)
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_(comics)] The boys. [/url] 
If this shite works. I'm going to give into my futile shiite and punch a whole in the internets.

Fixed tags so I could read the post --Z
Last edited by Cynic on Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

And with A_C's post, I was indeed taken to zeruslord's post.
You can't fix stupid.

Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

EDIT: mods, please delete. double post. i thought we could delete our own posts but apparently that's turned off.

Edit2: Why the fvck am I able to delete other posts made by me but not this one????
Last edited by Cynic on Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:49 am, edited 3 times in total.