Report Bugs Here!

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Tremendous horrible death error.

So when you click edit on some post you have that is pretty long, and you experience some lag, the following happens:

It generates the editted post super slow over time, staring at the top.

You don't know that it hasn't finished generating the edited text.

So when you make a slight correction at the top, like deleting the part about "abilities will be filled in later" and them submit your edit, it submits... and incomplete post, deleting the entire bottom 3/4ths of the class you wrote.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Cynic
Prince

Post by Cynic »

So topics that I've clicked on and read are still appearing as unread. This has been happening for a few weeks but I've been somewhat ignoring it. It's obviously not such a major bug just kinda annoying.
Ancient History wrote:We were working on Street Magic, and Frank asked me if a houngan had run over my dog.
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

That's been happening to me for months. It will count as read once I use the "mark as read" function, unless I log to a different computer I've used before; then it still counts everything since the last "mark as read" on that machine as unread.

Also, are threads supposed to be 'unread' if the only post added is your own?
Last edited by virgil on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Yeah, that has been happening to me for about a year now.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Cynic wrote:So topics that I've clicked on and read are still appearing as unread. This has been happening for a few weeks but I've been somewhat ignoring it. It's obviously not such a major bug just kinda annoying.
Kaelik wrote:Yeah, that has been happening to me for about a year now.
A year sounds about right. I just hit 'mark as read' after I read the threads I am interested in anyway tho since inevitably there are active threads I don't care about.
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

Cynic wrote:So topics that I've clicked on and read are still appearing as unread. This has been happening for a few weeks but I've been somewhat ignoring it. It's obviously not such a major bug just kinda annoying.
sign out when done reading the forums and sign back in later. this sets everything read from the point when you signed out.

doesnt really help when you read something, it gets ONE reply after you read it and return to a forum index, but it helps set all the topic read on a per user basis.
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

Last night there was a thread in 'MPSIMS' called 'You are invited to the debate challenge' or some such. It's gone now, why? I would guess that it is because it is trying to get posters to go from this board to another, which is verbotten or is there some other reason?
Oh thank God, finally a thread about how Fighters in D&D suck. This was a long time coming. - Schwarzkopf
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Juton wrote:Last night there was a thread in 'MPSIMS' called 'You are invited to the debate challenge' or some such. It's gone now, why? I would guess that it is because it is trying to get posters to go from this board to another, which is verbotten or is there some other reason?
It was basically just a human version of a spambot. They came here and posted like 18 links so their pet sites would be higher on google list, exactly like those spambots about watches and purses.

Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

I hadn't even considered that possibility, thanks for letting me know.
Oh thank God, finally a thread about how Fighters in D&D suck. This was a long time coming. - Schwarzkopf
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Ok, so I, like, dropped the OSSR: BoEF thread and it broke, because some glitch with an error message about search fields and entering caused me to double post, then when I went to see if it actually double post, there was not "delete" button on the second post, so I went to edit it, which resulted in a "error deleting post" message, I backed out to the board, went back into the thread, saw the button, clicked it, got the same message....

And now it's disappeared.

Um...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

And I just got the "could not insert new search" error again. I'm betting I'll get it when I submit this, and I'll copy it into a new post, so you have it verbatim. Sorry for the spam but I don't want to break *this* thread too...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

"Could not insert new word matches"

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I am having similar problems.

And every post I make says an error about words, and every edit says "error deleting post" and doesn't actually edit anything.

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

I'm also getting the word matches error. Things still post, it just gives an error message. Also I notice that the main page is not updating properly. It still claims that the last post in IMHO is by Lord Mistborn, which now several hours behind the times. I still get yellow post icons when there is a new post, it's just telling me that the last post was at 2:20 AM on February 3rd.

It's one of the more exciting registry errors I've seen.

-Username17
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

"Could not insert new word matches"
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

hmmm... interesting (investigating)
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

So my initial thought (corrupt table) seems to be the answer. I've found the name of the table and how to fix it. Assuming I can remember the password for the server, I can get this fixed... To add to the fun and games, it's a table we don't actually use - it indexes every post to allow the board search function to properly operate; but we don't use the board's search program.

Stay tuned.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

OK, I think we're fixed. There may be some intermittent cases when you press the "submit" button and it take for-fucking-ever, and then gives a "500 server error." If that happens, your post will still go through. I don't expect that situation to last too much longer, but wanted to warn folks about it just in case.

If anybody has that issue 2 hours from now (11:!5am EST) please post here, then also report your post so I don't miss it.
You can't fix stupid.

zugschef
Knight-Baron

Post by zugschef »

Zherog wrote:OK, I think we're fixed. There may be some intermittent cases when you press the "submit" button and it take for-fucking-ever, and then gives a "500 server error." If that happens, your post will still go through. I don't expect that situation to last too much longer, but wanted to warn folks about it just in case.

If anybody has that issue 2 hours from now (11:!5am EST) please post here, then also report your post so I don't miss it.
it's definitely not fixed. in this thread the last post i see is by phonelobster ("Not particularly. The system generates[...]"), yet when i click on post reply, i see posts by Stubbazubba and me as the latest in the topic review.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

I had the problem, and it seems my post attempts eventually went through... All five of them. Deleted them, thankfully. So far so good?
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

zugschef wrote:
Zherog wrote:OK, I think we're fixed. There may be some intermittent cases when you press the "submit" button and it take for-fucking-ever, and then gives a "500 server error." If that happens, your post will still go through. I don't expect that situation to last too much longer, but wanted to warn folks about it just in case.

it's definitely not fixed. in this thread the last post i see is by phonelobster ("Not particularly. The system generates[...]"), yet when i click on post reply, i see posts by Stubbazubba and me as the latest in the topic review.
OK, by "fixed" I meant that the "search word matches" error when posting is fixed.

I'll try to find time to look into the other thing, but that may correct itself over time as the db gets updated with new information.
You can't fix stupid.

zugschef
Knight-Baron

Post by zugschef »

Zherog wrote:OK, by "fixed" I meant that the "search word matches" error when posting is fixed.
nevermind :)
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

It looks like if you log out and then back in, the "most recent post" thing will clear itself up.
You can't fix stupid.

Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

weirdness abounds. Now there's a page 13 on this thread with no posts... *sigh*
edit: so posting this resolves the error, simply by making page 13 actually exist. So... I don't want to spam this thread with enough posts to generate a new page (though I may do just that in the admin forum), but in the meantime if anybody sees that happen elsewhere, please let me know here. I'm hoping it's an isolated incident...
Last edited by Zherog on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't fix stupid.

fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

I think I've gotten the board to do that before by deleting the most recent post, when that post is the only one on a new page.

If I had to guess, each thread tracks total number of posts, and deleting posts doesn't update that number properly, but making a new post does.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.