Report Bugs Here!

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

I'm getting the "No Posts Exist for this topic" message when I try to view Page 15.
EDIT: And now my post is the first post of page 15 and everything is fine.
Last edited by rampaging-poet on Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:I sort my leisure activities into a neat and manageable categorized hierarchy, then ignore it and dick around on the internet.
My deviantArt account, in case anyone cares.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Where did our smilies go?
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

They seem fine for me:
:jump: :roundnround: :pimpslapped: :bricks: :ohwell: :screams: :thumb: :nonono: :cool: :dropjaw: :ohwell: :flames: :wave: :) :lol: :awesome: :drool: :hatin: :laser: :omgno: :rtfm:
Is it just me, or do PMs either take really long or just not go sometimes. I'm seeing messages in my outbox, but not my sentbox that I sent four days ago.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

I keep getting logged out every time I close my browser, and then when I log back in it loses track of what posts are new.

Also, reading a post doesn't always make it list as read.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

All of those happen to me sometimes. I always assumed that was a server-side hiccough, since it seems to have no relation to the state of my browser's cookies. If it's happening literally everytime you close your browser, you've probably done something to make your browser delete the cookies on exit.

Also, this is months late but since I noticed it:
radthemad4 wrote:Is it just me, or do PMs either take really long or just not go sometimes. I'm seeing messages in my outbox, but not my sentbox that I sent four days ago.
Messages move from the outbox to the sentbox when they are opened by the recipient. If a PM is lingering in your outbox, someone is not checking their PM's. Or just hasn't been to the site in awhile. Or whatever.
Last edited by DSMatticus on Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

DSMatticus wrote:All of those happen to me sometimes. I always assumed that was a server-side hiccough, since it seems to have no relation to the state of my browser's cookies. If it's happening literally everytime you close your browser, you've probably done something to make your browser delete the cookies on exit.
On further analysis, it's not every time I restart the browser.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

I don't know whose tags are messed up in this thread but could one of the mods fix it?
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

...You Lost Me wrote:I don't know whose tags are messed up in this thread but could one of the mods fix it?
Sure.

Game On,
fbmf
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

The first page is still fairly screwy.
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Should be better now.

Game On,
fbmf
Wiseman
Duke

Post by Wiseman »

So I couldn't connect with this site last night? Any reason why?
Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Kingdom Hearts.
RadiantPhoenix wrote:
TheFlatline wrote:Legolas/Robin Hood are myths that have completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a bow".
The D&D wizard is a work of fiction that has a completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a book".
hyzmarca wrote:Well, Mario Mario comes from a blue collar background. He was a carpenter first, working at a construction site. Then a plumber. Then a demolitionist. Also, I'm not sure how strict Mushroom Kingdom's medical licensing requirements are. I don't think his MD is valid in New York.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

You are a hero, fbmf.
Wiseman wrote:So I couldn't connect with this site last night? Any reason why?
I had the same problem.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
ACOS
Knight

Post by ACOS »

Am I the only one whose popup blocker gets activated @ signin?
I've run every scan that software compatibility will allow, and I've got nothing. The only thing I can think of is if it is something with the site itself.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

ACOS wrote:Am I the only one whose popup blocker gets activated @ signin?
I've run every scan that software compatibility will allow, and I've got nothing. The only thing I can think of is if it is something with the site itself.
Have you checked your messages?

-Username17
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

@ACOS - No, you're not. I do not currently have any new messages, am signed in, and have one request blocked for this page. But when I take my pop-up blocker off, I don't see anything different.
ACOS
Knight

Post by ACOS »

FrankTrollman wrote:
ACOS wrote:Am I the only one whose popup blocker gets activated @ signin?
Have you checked your messages?

-Username17
Huh; I have been trading some PMs the last couple of days. I'll have to pay better attention to that.
Thanks!
Maj wrote:@ACOS - No, you're not. I do not currently have any new messages, am signed in, and have one request blocked for this page. But when I take my pop-up blocker off, I don't see anything different.
Okay. I just wanted to make sure that didn't have to enact invasive action on my computer.
I know that some spammers sometimes try to get inventive here ... oh well; as long as it's not my system, and the site doesn't seem to be effected.
Thanks!
ACOS
Knight

Post by ACOS »

I've given this a little more thought ...
Maj wrote:@ACOS - No, you're not. I do not currently have any new messages, am signed in, and have one request blocked for this page. But when I take my pop-up blocker off, I don't see anything different.
Have you sent any PMs lately?

I've got a theory I'd like to test, if somebody here would be willing to help me test it: could someone please send me a test PM?
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

I figured out what I was blocking. It's the really annoying mouse pointer image in Wiseman's sig.

:D
ACOS
Knight

Post by ACOS »

Maj wrote:I figured out what I was blocking. It's the really annoying mouse pointer image in Wiseman's sig.

:D
Good to know. (that thing always messes with my eyes ... I think that's an intended feature, though) :cool:
I'm getting the blocked pop-up on the main page; so I don't think that's what's happening in my particular case.
ACOS
Knight

Post by ACOS »

FYI:
Okay, with Maj's help, I figured out what it was: Frank's assumption was indeed correct - for whatever reason, new messages was indeed the cause of my blocked pop-up message (I don't know if this happens with anyone else or not).

Further tests:
I was ready to accept Frank's assumption and move on, until Maj mentioned something to the contrary. So then I thought that maybe it could have something to do with PMs moving from Outbox to Sentbox (for anyone who didn't realize this: when you send a PM, it apparently stays in the Outbox until the receiver checks it; then it moves to your Sendbox .... at least, that's what seems like happens). Well, that test provided no results; leaving Frank's conclusion to be the only viable one (at least in my case).

Well, thank you Frank and Maj. Hopefully this can also be informational to others.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So, I noticed something about the bug where some threads don't update as read after you read them that I know at least Kaelik and I get. It has to do with ignored posts, opening the page doesn't tag ignored posts as read.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

That isn't my problem, since this thread was not marked as read from me reading it.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, that happened to me too, so there may be a similar glitch in the sticky function, I'm thinking.

Edit- also it only happens on my desktop, not my laptop, but both computers use Chrome, so it's not browser based, nor is it settings based, since chrome runs the same on all my computers.
Last edited by Prak on Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Prak wrote:Yeah, that happened to me too, so there may be a similar glitch in the sticky function, I'm thinking.
I can find a thread it doesn't work on that doesn't have an ignored poster or a sticky in like 30 seconds, because it happens to literally every single post of every single thread.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

I've been getting horrific screen tearing, but only on this site and only in firefox. Any idea what's up with that?
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.