Report Bugs Here!

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Zherog wrote:weirdness abounds. Now there's a page 13 on this thread with no posts... *sigh*
edit: so posting this resolves the error, simply by making page 13 actually exist. So... I don't want to spam this thread with enough posts to generate a new page (though I may do just that in the admin forum), but in the meantime if anybody sees that happen elsewhere, please let me know here. I'm hoping it's an isolated incident...
Same verse, different page. Now there's a page 14 with no posts. This one will probably be the first post on page 14 though.

Edit: confirmed.
Last edited by Prak on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Thanks, Prak. Has anybody seen that problem anywhere besides this thread?

Performance still seems to be slow, but maybe a bit better than last night. Though that may just be wishful thinking...
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

Performance is back and forth today. Sometimes it loads immediately, other times... not so much.
Unlike yesterday where it was almost universally molasses.

What host are you guys using?
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Any time I post something large it doesn't work. It doesn't even have to be that big. Anything more than a paragraph results in a blank screen in Firefox and Chrome whereas Opera gives me this: http://pastebin.com/TxWXcgNV. It might just be this time period though. I'll try posting long posts again a few hours from now.
erik
King

Post by erik »

Given the lack of anyone else complaining of this (and having observed other people posting successfully), I imagine it is on your side and/or you had bad timing.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

I'd recommend if your posts are getting gobbled to write em out on a notepad/textedit/whatever and copy-paste them when complete in order to post. (I do it backwards, I write it out here and copy everything to clipboard before posting when nervous about losing a post)
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

It's working fine now. It only happens at that specific time daily apparently. No problem, I'll just not post during these hiccups.
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

server misconfiguration errors strike again en masse.
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

and every few days...
500 Server Error
A misconfiguration on the server caused a hiccup.
happens mostly when doing anything other than viewing a thread: editing, quoting, posting, etc. viewing has less problems it seems for some reason.
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Has anyone else had trouble with spoilered text interacting poorly with spoilered sigs? Like the spoilered text sometimes appearing where the signature would, and vice versa?
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I think I saw that a while back. I saw one of my posts (that I made on my PC) on a laptop, and the third spoiler was at the bottom of the post instead of above a paragraph of text (I don't have a signature so it might have done what you said if I had one). The error was reasonably consistent that day and the code of my post seemed fine. It went away after a while though and now viewing it from the laptop doesn't have any issues. Wish I'd kept a screenshot though.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I can't seem to access this site the usual way. Currently using an online proxy. What's going on?
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

radthemad4 wrote:I can't seem to access this site the usual way. Currently using an online proxy. What's going on?
I don't know, but I had a similar problem sometime last week. I was at work and thought my work was blocking it. I tried several proxies and while most of them allowed me to look at the site and log in, it took me quite a while to find one that wouldn't throw an Invalid Session error while posting (hidemyass, for the record). It went away in ~two hours and I could post normally.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

hidemyass got me "You are banned from this forum" currently on zend2. If I was banned, I doubt I'd be able to log in though. I guess I could get used to accessing the site like this, but I've already bookmarked a lot of stuff here, so that'll be annoying. Hope it goes away like it did for you.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Okay, I can access the site normally now. That was weird. Well, that's a relief. Especially as spoilers don't open with this proxy.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Is it just me, or do list tags not work?

It looks like every post involving a list won't terminate. Posts with multiple lists have them nested.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
RadiantPhoenix
Prince

Post by RadiantPhoenix »

...You Lost Me wrote:Is it just me, or do list tags not work?

It looks like every post involving a list won't terminate. Posts with multiple lists have them nested.
Testing 1
  • Element 1
  • Element 2
Testing 2
  • Element 1
  • Element 2
Testing 3
  • Element 1
  • Element 2
Seems to work for me.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Those look good to me too. What about this thread? The tags are all screwed up for me. I see the "/list" tags written instead of the list ending. Do those lists look good to you too?
Last edited by ...You Lost Me on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Starmaker
Duke

Post by Starmaker »

...You Lost Me wrote:Those look good to me too. What about this thread? The tags are all screwed up for me. I see the "/list" tags written instead of the list ending. Do those lists look good to you too?
They don't, to me. When I quote a fvcked-up list, I see [.br.] tags where line breaks should be. When I quote a fine-looking list, I dont' see any brs. However, I tried reposting Hey_I_Can_Chan's post (the content I get by quoting sans actual quote tags), brs and all, and it displays fine. Weird.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Maybe Frank just does weird Czech things with his tags. I'm not noticing it in many other places.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

So the forum is again doing that annoying thing where viewed threads still appear as having new posts on the list. Not all the threads, but Wacky Races, D&D Smear Campaign, Medical Questions, and a few others definitely are.
Last edited by Prak on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Prak_Anima wrote:So the forum is again doing that annoying thing where viewed threads still appear as having new posts on the list. Not all the threads, but Wacky Races, D&D Smear Campaign, Medical Questions, and a few others definitely are.
it has been doing that for the last year or so to me, so I just mark every single thing as read, and sometimes two or three times to get it to stick, all that is rare.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

This is the second time it's happened for me. I deal with it the same way, but I figure Zherog should be aware so he can take a look at the code or whatever.

Ferret
Knight

Post by Ferret »

Anybody else have ongoing issues staying logged in? I log in with the check box checked to save the login, and some times it lasts for a week, sometimes it lasts for a day.

I don't purge cookies on quit, so it seems like it's a server-side thing.

This is annoying since it resets all the 'new posts since you last visited' statuses.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

That has not happened to me lately. Sometimes I will get logged out for no obvious reason, but it usually has something to do with a temporary TGD outage that I assume affects everyone.
Wiseman
Duke

Post by Wiseman »

I have it set to automatically keep me logged in when I access the site from both my iphone and my computer, so using one sometimes logs me out on the other. Is that normal or a problem?
Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Kingdom Hearts.
RadiantPhoenix wrote:
TheFlatline wrote:Legolas/Robin Hood are myths that have completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a bow".
The D&D wizard is a work of fiction that has a completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a book".
hyzmarca wrote:Well, Mario Mario comes from a blue collar background. He was a carpenter first, working at a construction site. Then a plumber. Then a demolitionist. Also, I'm not sure how strict Mushroom Kingdom's medical licensing requirements are. I don't think his MD is valid in New York.