Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

the_taken
Knight-Baron

Re: I am moving.

Post by the_taken »

tzor at [unixtime wrote:1193662966[/unixtime]]
fbmf at [unixtime wrote:1193509326[/unixtime]]

in fact if you tie up our hands we generally become very quiet.

No doubt about it that restraining someone generally brings conversation to a screeching halt.

Actually I thought it would be the opposite, most people would be screaming to get those damn restrains off of them.

Dude. They are deaf and are using sign language.
I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

the_taken at [unixtime wrote:1193687096[/unixtime]]
tzor at [unixtime wrote:1193662966[/unixtime]]
fbmf at [unixtime wrote:1193509326[/unixtime]]
No doubt about it that restraining someone generally brings conversation to a screeching halt.

Actually I thought it would be the opposite, most people would be screaming to get those damn restrains off of them.

Dude. They are deaf and are using sign language.

lol wut?
Sir Neil
Knight-Baron

Post by Sir Neil »

FrankTrollman wrote:So I'm moving. To the Czech Republic.

Which prompted my wife to wonder: if you meet a girlfriend over there, would she be your Czechmate?
Koumei wrote:If other sites had plenty of good homebrew stuff the Den wouldn't need to exist. We don't come here because we like each other.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Sir_Neil at [unixtime wrote:1193705309[/unixtime]]

Which prompted my wife to wonder: if you meet a girlfriend over there, would she be your Czechmate?

:lmao:
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Since we have a bunch of new members here and I hadn't taken a look at it for a time, I believe this deserves a bump, so to say. Extra awesomeness lies at the food guide, which happens something I've been thinking about, as I'd like to move in 2 years and currently know little about food other than eating it when it's already served ...

Koumei at [unixtime wrote:1193711510[/unixtime]]
Sir_Neil at [unixtime wrote:1193705309[/unixtime]]

:lmao:
I agree completely with Koumei. :D
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Jacob_Orlove
Knight

Post by Jacob_Orlove »

http://www.kirinholdings.co.jp/english/ ... [br][br]If I posted this in a different thread, it'd probably be a challenge to figure out which country drinks the most beer per capita before looking at the link.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

I don't even think my sloshy friends drink a beer every day...

-Crissa
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Did you notice that their "standard size bottles" are almost twice the size of an American 12 ounce bottle?

-Username17
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Yeah, well, you know the Japanese...
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Never a big fan of sapporo. A bit light for my tastes.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
shau
Knight-Baron

Post by shau »

So Frank, are we going to get more stories of the bizarre world that is the Czech Republic or have you acclimated yourself yet?
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

What I want to know is why Frank went to the Czech Republic for Med School. Shouldn't he just move to a primarily English-speaking country so he won't have to do extra effort at learning a new language and just concentrate mainly on Med School?
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

It's because Charles School is GOOD. I have a similar (but less extreme) example in a friend of mine that left his state (and family, discounting MSN), to come to my computer science course (best in the country). Also, why must learning a new language viewed as a hassle? (I say that only because it seems that he actuallt can speak English with a fair number of people there; if he doesn't, that's a big problem, OTOH)
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Captain_Bleach
Knight-Baron

Post by Captain_Bleach »

Bigode at [unixtime wrote:1203036682[/unixtime]]Also, why must learning a new language viewed as a hassle? (I say that only because it seems that he actuallt can speak English with a fair number of people there; if he doesn't, that's a big problem, OTOH)

Because it's far more than "si is yes in spanish;" it's got its own feel to it, and since when was learning a new language that you never grew up with ever easy?

P.S. Is this the school that we're talking about?
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Charles: yes, that seems like it. New language: for me, since forever; I'm learning the third now, and my native is Romance (Portuguese), not Anglo-Saxon, so it's about as Anglo-Saxon -> Slavic.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

Moustache wrote:why must learning a new language viewed as a hassle?

Perhaps because we don't generally have schools that offer Czech? Also perhaps - as I understand it - Frank wasn't expecting to make it in to school the same month he applied, so he really didn't get much prep time?

I love studying language - I was crazy enough to take Arabic and Japanese at the same time - but not everyone is as insane as I am.

;)
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Maj, I didn't mean that Frank isn't having a problem - I meant that the indeed existing problem just wasn't large enough to justify not going if the school's ridiculously kickasstic. And congrats. :D
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Yes, our country wouldn't have him, so he had to go and get accepted by one of the best in the world.

Of course, this is a country in which we found out that silver catheters wouldn't impact infection rates over all - merely individually - and invented a method to reduce rates of ICU catheter infections to 0 instead. And then refused to adopt it except in a couple of test hospitals. (Spain will be the first country in which this method technology will be universally adopted.)

-Crissa
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Maj at [unixtime wrote:1203050353[/unixtime]]
Moustache wrote:why must learning a new language viewed as a hassle?

I love studying language - I was crazy enough to take Arabic and Japanese at the same time - but not everyone is as insane as I am.
I took Latin and Japanese at the same time. That was a mindfuck, but probably not as bad as Arabic & Japanese. I would have probably been writing Kanji backwards and forgetting to use three plural forms rather than none. Ugh.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

I did much better with Arabic and Japanese than I did with French and Spanish at the same time. The greater the difference in the languages, the easier it is for me to keep them straight. But it was one hell of a year.

;)
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Crissa at [unixtime wrote:1203057816[/unixtime]]Yes, our country wouldn't have him, so he had to go and get accepted by one of the best in the world.

You know, I hear* that he's wanted by Homeland Security for being a COMMUNIST, and that's why he's over there!

*This is actually a lie
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Considering the government let K and Lago work for them, that seems unlikely. :P
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Bigode at [unixtime wrote:1203068160[/unixtime]]Considering the government let K and Lago work for them, that seems unlikely. :P

dundundunnn

I do too. :tonguesmile:

The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

I didn't know you were Communist, though.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Nope, but I hate my government. Is that good enough?
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.